Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake

Go down 
+19
Troublezone
Thelemech
CrookedCross
glassprison
Joe
Eyesore
DevZor
deathisgain
choosemetal
Required Fields
Lari
mc666
MetalGuy71
Grimmo
Thrasher73
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 10:30 pm

mc666 wrote:
Welcome to the internet.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 1:31 pm

I bought it at Wal-Mart this afternoon. I ordered it earlier in the month; that copy will be a gift to my friend in New York for a Christmas gift.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I bought it at Wal-Mart this afternoon. I ordered it earlier in the month; that copy will be a gift to my friend in New York for a Christmas gift.

I bought it at Wal-Mart last night, was only 12.88$, still have not opened it yet - waiting till I have a good couple of free hours to absorb it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Thelemech wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

I bought it at Wal-Mart last night, was only 12.88$, still have not opened it yet - waiting till I have a good couple of free hours to absorb it.

I was in Best Buy this afternoon where it was only $7.99, but I passed. I dunno, I'm just not feeling warm & fuzzy over any of the songs I heard. I got the new Suicidal Tendencies instead.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 6:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thelemech wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

I was in Best Buy this afternoon where it was only $7.99, but I passed. I dunno, I'm just not feeling warm & fuzzy over any of the songs I heard. I got the new Suicidal Tendencies instead.

Damn only 7.99$ - my local Best Buy does not even carry music anymore Sad

Is that new Suicidal Tendencies with Lombardo on drums? How is it???
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 7:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thelemech wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

I bought both, but really, you made the right choice.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 7:03 pm

Thelemech wrote:

They already started getting back into a groove on the last one. However, Lombardo on the kit really supplies the energy that a band like ST requires. They haven't sounded this alive since Suicidal for Life.

Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 7:56 pm

mc666 wrote:
Thelemech wrote:

They already started getting back into a groove on the last one. However, Lombardo on the kit really supplies the energy that a band like ST requires. They haven't sounded this alive since Suicidal for Life.

I might just have to pick it up, I really love the drum work that Lombardo produces.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 9:31 pm

I like the album, but it's not great. And some of the lyrics are so lame. I hate when bands try to tell stories but fail to rhyme the lyrics, or at least make the lines sound similar. Some of these tracks are hard to listen to because the lyrics are so awkward.

For instance...

Prophecy was written in the pages of old
What will these words reveal
Locked away and hidden until the end of time
The only way to open is to break all the seals

Revelation tells us, weep not behold
For the lion of Judah prevails
Christ wins the fight with Satan the devil
He alone can now open the book from the seals

This chapter will tell us of the crisis on earth
The beginning of the birth of a new age
First seal reveals false prophet will ride
The second seal leads us to war

The third seal will break let the famine begin
The pestilence comes from the fourth
As the rest of them break, you hear the sounds from the heavens
Cries from the trumpets sound out

Ugh...doesn't flow AT ALL!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 9:11 am

Flying to Europe next month. Will spend an entire day metal-shopping. Hopefully will get the new ST and testament.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 12:01 pm

"The Pale King" video just released:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 3:24 pm

Awesome. Pure speed. I am definitely in.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 10:23 pm

I dig the new album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 1:14 am

I like the new album except for the stupid opening lyric to "The Pale King"...

"I was awakened by the howling of the dog, or perhaps a wolf"  Laughing

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 7:34 pm

I'm loving the new album, this smokes! Favorite song so far is Stronghold.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 9:53 am

I've had this album since the day it debuted and I'm just having a tough time getting into this thing. I think the second half of this album is a little stronger, but I don't even have that go to song at this point, which is bothersome to me. I've never had that issue with this band on any album. I don't think the album is bad by any means, but it's just sort of bland...
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 3:38 am

Quote :

Yeah, the drums sound great on this one. It's definitely one of the freshest sounding albums I've heard this year.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 10:51 am

I finally ordered this from Amazon today. I wanted the jewel case, but the digibook was cheaper so that's what I got.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 4:30 pm

It's incredible, but I'm just now giving this album my first listen. I've had this CD for something like three and a half months now. It's just that something else always seems to come up (Christmas, New Year's, birthdays, kid, work, tired, wife, new album by another band... etc). And I consider myself a Testament fan. I talk about Testament all the time with fellow metal fans I meet.

I also didn't want to just play it in the car for the first spin. I like to make a nice evening out of the first listen, especially by a favourite band of mine like Testament. Didn't really have too many quiet evenings up until now, and when I did there's been a few other exciting new releases that have taken precedence (I also have some CDs I bought years ago and have never heard! This reminds me I should probably get on that Otyg CD I once bought...).

Tonight I just felt like thrash metal.

Anyway, I love the Brotherhood of the Snake. Sounds incredible to me. The first 3 tracks are vintage Testament, and the last few are pretty great too. It's definitely better than Dark Roots, but doesn't quite match up to the Formation of Damnation. That's all I wanted to say.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 6:50 pm

One of my top albums of 2016! Both it and the new Flotsam are grade A thrash metal!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 12:47 am

Man, I listen to this one all the time, don't understand how thrash lovers can't get into it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 6:05 pm

I picked this up recently as well, and I like it. They are on a roll.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 11:24 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Man, I listen to this one all the time, don't understand how thrash lovers can't get into it.

headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 6:13 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

It is an awesome album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 12:04 pm

I've been holding off on this one just because I felt like, eh, maybe I have enough Testament. However, I had the same attitude towards the last Flots and Death Angel albums and they turned out to be scorchers.

Maybe some of those old-schoolers still have some gas left in the tank. \'arry \'eadbanger

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3