Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake

Go down 
+19
Troublezone
Thelemech
CrookedCross
glassprison
Joe
Eyesore
DevZor
deathisgain
choosemetal
Required Fields
Lari
mc666
MetalGuy71
Grimmo
Thrasher73
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Empty
PostSubject: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 9:50 pm

New album from Testament!

"A release date for The Brotherhood Of The Snake has yet to be revealed. “It’s gonna be coming out September, October,” Eric offers. “It’s gonna get delivered at the end of June, and it’ll be probably be delivered to the record company by the end of the summer just in time for a really big tour we’re doing of Europe. I can’t mention who it is, but we’ll be doing a big tour in Europe at the end of the year. And yeah, it’s gonna be killer. We’ll have a new record out, and be on tour.”"

The rest of the lengthy interview with details here:

http://www.metalforcesmagazine.com/site/feature-Testament-05-16/
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 11:00 pm

Awesome news! Love me some Testament. Dark Roots was killer.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 11:08 pm

What a year. Can't wait for a new testament album.

All of my favourite bands are releasing new material this year. Still need new albums by priest and UDO.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 3:56 am

Great news! Testament is one of my favorite of all time.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:56 am

Awesome news. Big Testament fan here. It really is turning into a big year. Overkill's next one is due for release later in the year, as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 7:48 am

Great to hear ! So many cool releases this year. I'm falling behind.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 10:19 am

Super duper!! Looking forward to it.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 10:24 am

I hope it's better than that last mid paced load of mush.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 10:47 am

mc666 wrote:
I hope it's better than that last mid paced load of mush.

Quote :
"We've been getting back to our roots, and recording-wise and just songwriting-wise, I think we're as strong or as crazy as we used to be – especially with this new one. 'The Brotherhood Of The Snake' is gonna be… I don't wanna… I'm just trying to give you a name to describe it, but it doesn't sound like that so don't take it out of context. This is gonna be our kind of 'Reign In Blood' record [SLAYER, 1986], because it's just super-brutal but still melodic."

Alrighty.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 11:10 am

Yeah sounds good, I guess we'll see about that. Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 11:11 am

Laughing

Typical pre-album hype. We'll know for sure soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 5:11 am

I'm kind of not sure if I will get this. I didn't like Dark Roots much. But the Formation of Damnation was terrific.

I'm leaning towards 'yes', especially if it's anything like Reign in Blood.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:30 am

The band has just announced the release date for Brotherhood Of The Snake - 10/28/16.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/testament-sets-release-date-for-the-brotherhood-of-the-snake-album/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:23 pm

Good news again. What a year!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Grimmo wrote:
Awesome news. Big Testament fan here. It really is turning into a big year. Overkill's next one is due for release later in the year, as well. Smile

Overkill in 2016? You're sure?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Grimmo wrote:

Yep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 9:52 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Grimmo wrote:

Yep.

http://loudwire.com/overkill-october-2016-new-album-release/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 1:19 pm

Awesome news. Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 9:13 am

New artwork released:

Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Testamentart16

TESTAMENT Unveil The Brotherhood Of The Snake Cover Artwork

Legendary bay area thrash metal giants, Testament, have unveiled of the cover art for their upcoming 12th album, The Brotherhood Of The Snake, which will be released on October 28th via Nuclear Blast.

The Brotherhood Of The Snake was recorded under the watchful eyes of producer Juan Urteaga (Exodus, Machine Head), guitarist Eric Peterson and singer Chuck Billy and is currently being mixed and mastered by well-known metal producer Andy Sneap (Accept, Megadeth).

Commented Peterson in another interview: "It's very diverse, but it's very epic. There's nothing on there that breeds commercial. And I think for thirty years of recording music and trying different formulas and stuff, I think we've found a formula that is very metal. I think for the metal fan that is looking for something for the nook and crannies… not just your normal, 'Oh, it's got a thrash beat and a riff.' There's a lot going on here."

In another interview, the songwriter stated: "It's different. This one is more thrash. I mean, this has got some of the fastest stuff that we have ever played. Usually, we have one or two thrash songs, and then we have some mid-tempo, and then we have a slow, heavy one, and then up-tempo kind of stuff. Half of the new record is thrash, which we've never done before."

He continued: "It's kind of like Demonic and The Gathering, but a little bit wiser, I think. Chuck's not singing so death. I mean, he does some death stuff but he's singing more like he did on the last record and then with the craziness of The Gathering or even heavy stuff like Demonic."

http://bravewords.com/news/testament-unveil-the-brotherhood-of-the-snake-cover-artwork
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 10:08 am

Bitchin'!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 8:48 pm

Cool cover. I hope this is as good as the last couple of releases.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 11:33 am

Brilliant. Now we need a tune or two.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 4:33 pm

I don't think I'm thrilled with Peterson comparing it to Demonic, but I'm definitely ready for some more Alex Skolnick solos.

I guess I now have 2 more months to let Dark Roots sink in better.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 4:41 pm

Sounds like demonic and the gathering.... I think I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 5:59 pm

More Demonic & The Gathering is fine by me. Anything beats that last turd they squeezed out.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake   Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next