Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rob Halford

Go down 
+21
nevermore
journeyman
assault_attack
brokentulsa
glassprison
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
MoonChild
mc666
the sentinel
Troublezone
Thelemech
Fat Freddy
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Lari
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Fav Un-Priest Halford album?
Fight - War of Words
Rob Halford Vote_lcap27%Rob Halford Vote_rcap
 27% [ 8 ]
Fight - A Small Deadly Space
Rob Halford Vote_lcap0%Rob Halford Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Fight - Mutations
 0% [ 0 ]
2wo - Voyeurs
Rob Halford Vote_lcap3%Rob Halford Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Halford - Resurrection
Rob Halford Vote_lcap63%Rob Halford Vote_rcap
 63% [ 19 ]
Halford - Crucible
 3% [ 1 ]
Halford - Winter Songs
 0% [ 0 ]
Halford - Made of Metal
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3004

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Fav non-JP album?
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 5:53 pm

TBH, I have not heard Made of Metal. I voted for War of Words as every song on there is great. One of the true 90's metal classics.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6385

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 6:42 pm

I've only ever heard War of Words. Had it for a month, in the 90s. I didn't like it.

I've heard bits of Resurrection and it sounded okay.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7636

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 6:50 pm

Resurrection followed closely by War of Words.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 6:51 pm

You should re-visit it, Lari. Might sound different 20 years later.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 7:03 pm

I only know Resurrection but I like it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 7:12 pm

I never liked the Halford stuff. Mostly power chords arranged in derivative riffing with no regard to articulation and dynamics. All it ever did was make me miss T & D.

War of Words has grown on me gradually. I find myself really enjoying it. And as for 2wo, well...no need to point out the obvious.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3220

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 7:27 pm

Halford is a great metal lyric/song writer. Saw him in concert, at an outdoor show. It was still day light out when the band played...3rd on the bill. I was stoned and buzzing - and place was half filled. After a few songs, I was standing and clapping...not many other people were. They were Preist fans....but never heard of these songs before....neither had I, but they were great - next day I bought " Resurrection " . One of my top 20 CDs - for sure. He nailed it. No pun attended - lol !

I just bought War of Words for 2.99 / free s/h Smile

Last edited by Glower on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37928

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Loved War of Words - saw Fight on that tour. One of the best gigs I ever saw.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

José Maurício likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Made Of Metal is rather enjoyable I find.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17163

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 7:54 pm

War of Words followed by Resurrection and then The Crucible.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 7:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

The live footage I've seen makes me kick myself for not seeing them when they came to town. Freaking wild.

Also rather refreshing to see Rob dressed down wearing plainclothes and a baseball cap. He passed the "angry hardcore bloke" with flying colors.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40746

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 8:01 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Resurrection followed closely by War of Words.

My sentiments exactly.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:08 pm

I voted War of Words, but just barely over Resurrection. Neither album has a bad tune on it, in my humble opine. And, truth be told, I got Made of Metal the day it was released and still crank it regularly to this day.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:25 pm

A Small Deadly Space or Crucible were the best. 2wo wasn't bad. The xmas album was a bad joke & the rest of it was just "hey look how metal I am".

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 10:34 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The live footage I've seen makes me kick myself for not seeing them when they came to town. Freaking wild.

It was badass. I'd seen Rob four times previously w/Priest and once afterward with the Halford band, but he was in the best voice I ever heard at that Fight gig. He nailed every one of the high notes ("FOOOORRRR AAAAAALLLL EEEEEEEETERRRRRRR-NAAAAA-TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!") just like on the record. Amazing!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

José Maurício likes this post

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 2:31 am

Resurrection

not really a fan of Halford solo albums.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9945

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 9:35 am

Resurrection followed by made of metal.

I recently picked up fight's war of words but still need to spin it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 10:34 am

Halford's Resurrection for me. Crucible would have been 2nd choice. Winter Songs is great around the holidays and a frequent spinner for me. Made of Metal is a little too paint-by-the-numbers and the weakest of the Halford stuff.

I didn't care for War of Words at the time, although that one has certainly grown on me over time. Both Fight albums really. I've never owned/heard the Mutations ep. The K5 demos is a cool listen too.

The 2wo project was just bad idea overall, however there are a couple of tunes that I like from the album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40746

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 10:42 am

I loved War Of Words from the second I heard it. It's solid all the way through. I was so pumped when Small Deadly Space came out, went out and bought on the day of release....and was disappointed by it. I sold it off years ago and never replaced it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 10:45 am

007 wrote:
I loved War Of Words from the second I heard it. It's solid all the way through. I was so pumped when Small Deadly Space came out, went out and bought on the day of release....and was disappointed by it. I sold it off years ago and never replaced it.

Same here. I traded Small Deadly Space off not long after I first bought it back in the day, it did nothin' for me.

...then years later, having a hole in my otherwise-complete Halford discog was bugging the hell out of my collectors' O.C.D., so I re-acquired it... and I still didn't like it, so I ditched it again. That oughta teach me not to listen to my O.C.D. Laughing very hard

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 10:48 am

"Small Deadly Space" is the one that prob gets the least spins. I can't count "Wintersongs" cuz it's really a Holiday only disc.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2653

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 2:51 am

Resurrection, followed closley by war of words. Love most of his solo stuff actually, but those two stand out the most.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 9:24 am

I like all of them, but this is such a killer live album:

Rob Halford 2971
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9945

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 9:28 am

glassprison wrote:
I like all of them, but this is such a killer live album:

Rob Halford 2971

It is. One of the best live albums ever. I love the pre-breaking the wall ambiance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rob Halford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Halford
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next