Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rob Halford

Go down 
+21
nevermore
journeyman
assault_attack
brokentulsa
glassprison
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
MoonChild
mc666
the sentinel
Troublezone
Thelemech
Fat Freddy
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Lari
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Fav Un-Priest Halford album?
Fight - War of Words
Rob Halford - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Rob Halford - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 8 ]
Fight - A Small Deadly Space
Rob Halford - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Rob Halford - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Fight - Mutations
 0% [ 0 ]
2wo - Voyeurs
Rob Halford - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Rob Halford - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Halford - Resurrection
Rob Halford - Page 2 Vote_lcap63%Rob Halford - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 63% [ 19 ]
Halford - Crucible
 3% [ 1 ]
Halford - Winter Songs
 0% [ 0 ]
Halford - Made of Metal
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Rob Halford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 11:05 am

I picked Crucible..that would be followed by Resurrection...Everything listed however is really good...
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 1:00 am

Thelemech wrote:
Made Of Metal is rather enjoyable I find.

Agree! Very good solo cd.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 1:03 am

I know I'm in the minority here but I like "A Small Deadly Space"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 pm

assault_attack wrote:

Yea, while it's hardly a favorite of mine, I don't understand why some folks here seem to equate that album to a hot, steaming dog turd plopped out on the kitchen floor, then stepped on by a five-year old and tracked through the house. Surely it's not that bad.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 8:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
assault_attack wrote:

Yea, while it's hardly a favorite of mine, I don't understand why some folks here seem to equate that album to a hot, steaming dog turd plopped out on the kitchen floor, then stepped on by a five-year old and tracked through the house. Surely it's not that bad.

It's no "Artist formerly Known As Dangerous Toys" or "Slang", but it is pretty awful.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 10:59 pm

War of words. Saw Halford on tour with Anthrax and Vince Neil.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 10:16 am

Happy 65th Birthday to Rob Halford!
Rob Halford - Page 2 Judas-Priest-frontman-Rob-015

José Maurício likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9933

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 1:30 pm

Wow! 65 years old! Hope he will go on for many years.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26395

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Resurrection followed closely by War of Words.

This here.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 9:11 pm

birthday Rob Halford - Page 2 604261

Thought this was cool.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 9:30 pm

'Resurrection' because as much as I liked Fight, and did not really mind Two, I really wanted him to return to his tradition metal style and he did. Its a great album, that still sounds kick ass today.

Fight 'War of the Words' is an excellent metal platter and is a close second, it seems Halford was paying close attention to these Pantera albums.

'Crucible' is a bit heavier and really sounds like Halford solo, as opposed to 'Resurrection' that sounded like a Judas Priest album, which is probably why I liked it so much. 'Crucible' underrated album.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3218

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2024 1:10 pm

2000 Resurection
2001 Live Insurrection
2002 Crucible

To me - great output years.
Thinking about buying “ Made in Metal “ ( 2010 j
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37849

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 9:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I traded Small Deadly Space off not long after I first bought it back in the day, it did nothin' for me.

...then years later, having a hole in my otherwise-complete Halford discog was bugging the hell out of my collectors' O.C.D., so I re-acquired it... and I still didn't like it, so I ditched it again. That oughta teach me not to listen to my O.C.D. Laughing very hard

About a year ago I RE-re-acquired A Small Deadly Space, which makes this the third (!) time I've owned the album even though I never really cared for it in the first place. Damn that collector's O.C.D.! I'm gonna hang onto it this time, though, cuz if I get rid of it I know I'll just pick it up again somewhere down the road. Laughing very hard

A couple of years ago I even picked up Voyeurs by 2wo, which is actually a pretty decent occasional listen.

Rob should reissue Small Deadly Space and Voyeurs as a 2 disc set called "Rob Halford's Musical Mid-Life Crisis."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
José Maurício
Metal novice
Metal novice
José Maurício

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2024 2:22 am

I remember this video having some airplay no MTV back in '93 or '94 , and sounds really cool ...

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37849

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2024 6:28 pm

War of Words was (and is still) a killer album. It just doesn't have an original bone in its body - Rob was simply chasing the Pantera train. Fortunately he was skilled enough to pull it off.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

scottmitchell74 and José Maurício like this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12750

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 8:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rob was simply chasing the Pantera train. Fortunately he was skilled enough to pull it off.  

Always thought it was quite interesting that Phillip did the Halford thing on his first outings with Diamond & Co. and then Halford did the Anselmo thing on his first outings after JP.

If it was on an Episode of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, the word of the day would be... "reciprocating"

José Maurício likes this post

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 8:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
War of Words was (and is still) a killer album. It just doesn't have an original bone in its body - Rob was simply chasing the Pantera train. Fortunately he was skilled enough to pull it off.  

It's my 2nd or 3rd favorite thing he's done. Incredible.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6373

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 1:59 pm

I never owned any of Rob's solo stuff, but I heard War of Words back when in the '90s and thought it sucked. I also listened to Resurrection and to me it seemed pretty generic.

Then again, I loved Jugulator and was disappointed with Angel of Retribution...

...and kind of thought Nostradamus was sort of cool. I guess I'm just a weird Priest fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford   Rob Halford - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Halford
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2