Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio - Angry Machines

Go down 
+14
Witchfinder
Wurthless
ZombieHavoc
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Lari
corplhicks
the sentinel
manny
akeldama
Temple of Blood
mc666
candlemass
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Dio - Angry Machines Empty
PostSubject: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 3:07 pm

This is not as bad as I once thought, but I don't think it is as good as some think. I still think it's his worst, but all things considered, that doesn't make it bad... Dio
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 4:40 pm

I think Magica & the 2 after are his worst. So wimpy. I loved the Tracy G albums. I usually play them back to back along with Sabbath's Dehumanizer. Good stuff.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 5:26 pm

Don't like this one much except for maybe a song or two, but "Strange Highways" is my favorite Dio album (aside from his work in BS).
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 5:38 pm

mc666 wrote:
I think Magica & the 2 after are his worst. So wimpy. I loved the Tracy G albums. I usually play them back to back along with Sabbath's Dehumanizer. Good stuff.

Right on, man.

Angry Machines is actually my fave solo Dio album and Tracy G does some fine guitar work throughout. I find this to be my fave Dio cuz it's dark and Doomy and I also have to say that Dehumanizer, Strange Highways and Angry Machines makes a killer trifecta.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 10:00 pm

Seriously?! I think Magica and the two that follow are some of his best!

pdf0427 likes this post

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 10:03 pm

It took along time for 'Angry Machines' warm up to me. I guess I was not expecting such a dry algum production and so many slow, heavy plodding song. But after a few spins it grew on me and I would probably listen to this album more so then the first three classics, simply because I overplayed those classic albums so much as a kid.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 10:10 pm

candlemass wrote:

Yeah, same here. I actually really love "Master of the Moon" and spin it quite frequently.

"Strange Highways" is good too. I really don't think Dio has a bad album in his solo catalog.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 10:27 pm

the sentinel wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Yeah, same here. I actually really love "Master of the Moon" and spin it quite frequently.

"Strange Highways" is good too. I really don't think Dio has a bad album in his solo catalog.

Dream Evil was a little spotty; otherwise I agree. Angry Machines, Lock up the Wolves, Magica, Killing the Dragon, Master of the Moon...all just as good as his first two.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 11:32 pm

I'd have to say that Angry Machines and Master Of The Moon are my top two Dio.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 11:54 pm

akeldama wrote:

I don't like either.

But Dream Evil is awesome!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 12:20 am

manny wrote:
It took along time for 'Angry Machines' warm up to me. I guess I was not expecting such a dry algum production and so many slow, heavy plodding song. But after a few spins it grew on me and I would probably listen to this album more so then the first three classics, simply because I overplayed those classic albums so much as a kid.

I find that to be the case w/a lot of bands for me...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 12:22 am

mc666 wrote:
I think Magica & the 2 after are his worst. So wimpy.

Well, then I suppose "Heaven and Hell" along w/the three Rainbow lp's were "wimpy" as well... insane
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 1:27 am

candlemass wrote:
mc666 wrote:
I think Magica & the 2 after are his worst. So wimpy.

Well, then I suppose "Heaven and Hell" along w/the three Rainbow lp's were "wimpy" as well... insane

I guess the ones that came after the heaviness of the Tracy G albums just seemed like a let down to me.

...but yes, those albums you mentioned sound wimpy to my ears.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 8:58 am

the sentinel wrote:
I really don't think Dio has a bad album in his solo catalog.

I would agree with this.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:03 am

I haven't heard "Angry Machines" in a while; I had the CD at one time but didn't dig it and rarely played it so eventually I ditched it.

Now of course having that hole in my otherwise-complete Dio studio discography bugs the hell out of my O.C.D., so if I ever come across it in my travels I'll have to re-acquire it. Just because. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:13 am

I've always liked it...I don't know why Dio/Sabbath fans don't.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:18 am

Angry Machines is not my favorite, but I like it too. I'd rank it higher than his final 3 Dio albums, but I think those albums are pretty good too. I did not care for Magica for a long, long time, but in the past couple years I've revisited it and I do like it now. Not as much as Killing the Dragon or Master of the Moon though.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:33 am

As I said in my original post, I don't think it's bad, just his "weakest", in a manner of speaking. Not only did he not have a bad lp in his solo band, but he dodn't even come close to having a bad one w/Rainbow or Sabbath! Dio
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 4:43 pm

I've never heard this one actually. I imagine I'd enjoy it, as I really like Strange Highways.

And I have to boo ole' Hicks for saying Dream Evil is spotty; it's my favorite Dio (the band) album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 4:54 pm

IMO, as much as I love Dio and his voice, I think the material after Angry Machines was weaker

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 5:23 pm

Lari wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I don't like either.

But Dream Evil is awesome!

It's been said already but Dio never released a bad album but Angry Machines, Master Of The Moon and Strange Highways are my go to albums maybe in part due to the fact I grew up listening to his earlier stuff all the time without much of a choice since I have 6 elder siblings and I just lean toward his Doomier efforts.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 5:34 pm

I got back into Dio bigtime when he released Killing the Dragon - up till that point I hadn't really paid much attention to what he was doing for a number of years. (I think the last CD of his I owned at that time was Dream Evil).... so then I played catch-up with him for a while and picked up all the CDs I'd missed in between.

I still really like KtD and Magica a lot. Master of the Moon has a great opening track ("One For The Road") but beyond that, it's kinda "meh." It's been so long since I've listened to it that I don't think I can even name another song off of it anymore.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Odd that the only Dio lp that Ult kinda slags on in his reviews is "Strange Highways." Shocked
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 2:35 pm

So I tripped up and got my albums confused guys. Sacred Heart is the spotty one. Dream Evil is a fine record.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 3:16 pm

corplhicks wrote:
So I tripped up and got my albums confused guys. Sacred Heart is the spotty one. Dream Evil is a fine record.

Really only spotty since "Shoot Shoot", was not shot down...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Angry Machines   Dio - Angry Machines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio - Angry Machines
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next