Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DIO - Angry Machines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

DIO - Angry Machines Empty
PostSubject: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:30 am

I think we had some discussion recently about DIO and this one was nearly unanimously hailed as the band's worst.

While I can agree that it may rank near the bottom of the band's catalog, I certainly don't think it's a bad album.

The album has an overall dark, raw feel...almost sounds like a live recording. The instruments are big & clear sounding and RJD's vocals are superb (as always).

I know some have made the statement that they don't think Tracy G was a suitable guitarist for DIO. I definitely don't agree. 'Strange Highways', regarded as an "underrated" album by many DIO fans, was also a Tracy G performance. The songs on that one were very heavy...some of the heaviest in RJD's career next to his work with Black Sabbath...and are also some of DIO's most intense moments.

'Angry Machines' has a little bit of experimentation (most notably the songs "Black" & "Double Monday", which are very unlike past DIO material), but overall continues on that dark, Sabbath-inspired material on 'Strange Highways'. Songs like "Institutional Man", "Hunter Of The Heart", "Stay Out Of My Mind" & "Golden Rule" are certainly on par with DIO's prior level of quality.

Again, I can see it ranking near the bottom of a stellar catalog, but that doesn't make it a bad album by any stretch.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:14 am

There is no bad Dio album IMO. I guess it's just a matter of which Dio albums you like best. "Angry Machines" has some good material on it, but overall, it's not as solid as "Dream Evil", "Holy Diver", "Last in Line", etc. Still, I agree, it has so good Dio material. "Hunter of the Heart" stands out in my mind as one of the better cuts.

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:43 am

Quote :
There is no bad Dio album IMO

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:57 am

I can't listen to this album. It's one of my very least favorite albums released by a popular metal act.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 10:13 am

I dunno, this one put me to sleep. It's the only Dio album I've traded away.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:59 pm

Dio is much the same as Motorhead in the sense that the worst song/record Dio ever made is still better than 95% of everything else out there.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIO - Angry Machines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: