Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I don't know whether to be mad or angry

Go down 
+5
the sentinel
sam
powermacho
Stender
A Handful of Wayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

I don't know whether to be mad or angry Empty
PostSubject: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:13 am

Tonight before me and a friend wanted to stop at a music store before we went to see Dream Theater tonight. So im looking through the store and I come across 2 Phil Lynott solo cds. Im like great! Ive been looking for these cds. I thought they were kind of rare but I wasnt really sure and they looked fine so I bought them. The other thing it was only $9.99 which almost everything in the store is anyway. So I get in the car and I decided to put them in and listen to them. We get to the concert and I go to take it out of the cd player and I turned the cd around and the damn thing was green! I bought 2 cdr cds! Now I know this place sells bootlegs but usually the have them all at the front of the counter and they usually dont have albums as bootlegs usually its just live shows or something. Well now this place is selling cdr's of rare studio albums and selling them for $10! I found 2 Pantera cds as well Power Metal and the other one with the stupid looking cat on the front. Those I didnt buy because I knew they weren't real, but I was duped with the Phil Lynott cds.

So tomorrow im going down to the store and demanding I either get my money back or I exchange them for real cds of something else cause thats total crap. Ive been going to that store forever and never once did I get a bootleg or have they ever put the bootlegs with the regular cds thats just way too misleading and someone who doesnt know better just gets screwed. If this is the kind of thing they are going to do on a regular basis I think im going to have to ban this store as well because who knows if everything they sell is a bootleg? This is the first time I ever got a green cdr but who knows if the others arent just silver cdr's or whatever bootleggers use.

This just annoys me!

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:18 am

whoa...never had that problem before. Make em do something about it!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:37 am

I plan on it

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:37 am

Or i'll make Deathcults saying a reality

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:58 am

was that downtown village around 4th street? If so I have been there, and yes they have plenty of booklets, and usually everything they have I find expensive used or new
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:46 am

powermacho wrote:
was that downtown village around 4th street? If so I have been there, and yes they have plenty of booklets, and usually everything they have I find expensive used or new

lol bootlegs not booklets....

And no it wasnt there. Its a place on long island called record stop.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:49 pm

that sucks dude, I always check stuff out real good before I buy it, just in case of things like this. I would definitely recommend going back to get your money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Sorry to hear that, Wayne. If they want to sell boots that's their call; but they should clearly mark them as such. One of the reasons I stopped collecting cards (Football and Baseball) 3 years ago was the duplicitous nature of many of the sellers.

I have had a similar experience where I bought, or thought I bought the first Slash's Snakepit album and I get it home and throw it in the player and it was their second album. Another reason not to shop at FYE. Hope your situation is resolved peacefully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Keep us apprised. I'd demand something in exchange and priced higher then you paid.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:43 pm

I haven't been there, but It sucks men. The only thing I like about those places are the rare concerts they put on DVD
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Well... I went back to the store today and the guy who was their yesturday was there thankfully cause he sort of knows me because im usually in there when hes there on the weekends. He had no problem with me returning it and he even said that the guy who owns the store shouldnt be doing it. So he was cool about it and I actually exchanged them for 2 real (haha) Saxon cds and bought 2 other ones. But yea, the owner should totally have a seperate section for that stuff. He usually does by the counter but if you ever went into this store its almost a total mess and really needs to be overhauled. Its a shame because it really is a great store its just that hes got so much stuff and his store is so small.

Live bootleg cds I can understand, but not studio albums which is what sort of threw me off. Because of course I look to make sure its real but I never ran into that problem anywhere unless I knew I was in that sort of area of the store knowing full well what it was. Oh well... I saw the Phil Lynott cds on amazon for less than $10 so i'll just grab them from there.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:42 pm

So are you still mad, or angry?

By the way, aren't "mad" and "angry" pretty much the same thing? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:21 pm

lol it is I just didnt know what to actually put as the title. I thought it was funny.

I guess you can say im pleased now, but im a little unsettled because of the whole bootleg thing I have to watch out for now in that store.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:27 pm

I'm glad the store was cool about it.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:12 pm

I would probably be paranoid ever buying rarer things from them again. Sad that in this day you pretty much have to flip the disc and check. I recently got a boot on an ebay purchase that would have been tough to spot (silver pressed and numbered) except for the fact that it was an older album and the thing was clearly brand new. The seller, of course, claimed ignorance.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Yea the guy has been in business for 30 years so to do what he is doing now just doesnt make sense. Hes been in trouble before to with selling these things but mostly for his bootleg dvds.

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:09 pm

....I just wish I HAD a record store to be able to frequent.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Really stender? No store around, any bestbuy or FYE? I am lucky that I found one on hoboken NJ, they don't have great stuff, but occasionally I find some used gems very cheap. I used to hang out on Hoboken, and eat some pizza, and one day I decided to go to a store on that place, and bum!, cheap gems, I started to buy plenty of them before I told my friends about the place Very Happy .
There are also 2 on downtorn NY, but they have expensive used cd's for $8 and $7. I don't go to those places anymore to get my music since I can get music cheaper on the internet
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:26 am

powermacho wrote:
Really stender? No store around, any bestbuy or FYE? I am lucky that I found one on hoboken NJ, they don't have great stuff, but occasionally I find some used gems very cheap. I used to hang out on Hoboken, and eat some pizza, and one day I decided to go to a store on that place, and bum!, cheap gems, I started to buy plenty of them before I told my friends about the place Very Happy .
There are also 2 on downtorn NY, but they have expensive used cd's for $8 and $7. I don't go to those places anymore to get my music since I can get music cheaper on the internet

well there are two independents about a hour away, one called cdworld and one called house of records. used stuff at the world is like 6 to 7 bucks...which is about as good as it gets but their selection is sh!t so its hit or miss usually.

I'm not positive but I dont think FYE is a chain that exists in the northwest..I may be wrong but I think the first time I even heard of that place was on this board..haha.

hissss ..X.....downloading is evil!!! Well since you got all the record store connections macho you gots to hook me up. Cool
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Stender wrote:

For me the statement would be I just wish I had a GOOD record store to be able to frequent. Best Buy sucks and almost NEVER has what I'm looking for and Virgin Megastore (which was not near enough for me to frequent no more than once or every other month) shut down. There is a Sam Goody but it's an hour away and while a fairly good selection not enough to make the trip more than once or twice a year. All I have are used CD stores and while I can special order CDs, it is a gamble whether there is anything good there. I just wish they kept Virgin because when it came to a metal selection, that place was a eutopia. Yeah, there is the internet but I hate waiting a week or more to get a CD.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:54 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Stender wrote:

For me the statement would be I just wish I had a GOOD record store to be able to frequent. Best Buy sucks and almost NEVER has what I'm looking for and Virgin Megastore (which was not near enough for me to frequent no more than once or every other month) shut down. There is a Sam Goody but it's an hour away and while a fairly good selection not enough to make the trip more than once or twice a year. All I have are used CD stores and while I can special order CDs, it is a gamble whether there is anything good there. I just wish they kept Virgin because when it came to a metal selection, that place was a eutopia. Yeah, there is the internet but I hate waiting a week or more to get a CD.

...besides, it you cant beat the feeling of walking into a used shop and coming out with a couple gems you never thought you would ever own for ultra cheap. I love that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:58 pm

Stender wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Stender wrote:

Yeah, that's always nice. Seems like lately when I visit used stores I find some great stuff but I know that that streak will die down soon (moot point though seeing as I won't be able to buy as much stuff soon).

...besides, it you cant beat the feeling of walking into a used shop and coming out with a couple gems you never thought you would ever own for ultra cheap. I love that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't know whether to be mad or angry   I don't know whether to be mad or angry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I don't know whether to be mad or angry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: