Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DIO - Angry Machines

Go down 
+6
Selvmord
nevermore
jstate
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
mc666
10 posters
AuthorMessage

DIO - Angry Machines Empty
PostSubject: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:39 am

Anybody else here dig Angry Machines?

DIO - Angry Machines Angrymachines

I know it's kinda the red headed stepchild of the DIO catalogue, but I like it alot.

It's dark, but also has energy where it needs it. It has alot of the same elements of Black Sabbath's Dehumanizer, I think. If BS's Dehumanizer had a little more of this energy, I think it would have been better. As it is, it's a little brooding , IMO.

Anyhoo, your feelings for Tracy G aside, what do you think of Angry Machines?

How can you beat a rhythm section of Vinny Appice and Jeff Pilson?? Wow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:48 am

Angry machines is a good one, but not my fav by dio.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:55 am

i liked Angry Machines as well as Strange Highways, they are both terribly underrated.

Tracy G may not have been the most perfect fit with Dio, but it's not as though he made the band unlistenable. not sure why so many people have a problem with him.

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:58 am

Of the 2 Tracy G. albums, I like SH better...but this one is still good, IMO. Raw & Sabbath-y..."Institutional Man" is a very good song...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:20 am

mc666 wrote:
i liked Angry Machines as well as Strange Highways, they are both terribly underrated.

Tracy G may not have been the most perfect fit with Dio, but it's not as though he made the band unlistenable. not sure why so many people have a problem with him.

I think that was your reason right there. He just didn't seem to be the right fit for Dio.

I don't think there is a bad Dio album, but the Tracy G albums would be at the bottom of my favorites list. Still, both are better than Lock Up the Wolves. I guess a bad Dio album is still better than a lot of other bands best albums.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:22 am

Didn't care for this one at all, and I really really tried. This and the INFERNO: LIVE IN LINE 2-CD (recorded on the ANGRY MACHINES tour) are the only Dio albums I've willingly traded away.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:31 am

SH is my favorite of them too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:42 am

Your avatar's hot Spectrafate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:48 am

So is your mom, stick to the topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:50 am

hehehehehe. I'll try. This album uh u uh uh is uh ok.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:00 am

Was just listening to Inferno : Live In Line not long ago and it actually caused me to go back to Angry Machines again. I had always thought it was just a good record that I never ended up playing as much as the others. But having re-visited it; my opinion on it has gone up a lot. Much more frequently played now than it ever was before.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:29 pm

I didn't care much for this album. I loved Strange Highways. I thought SH was terribly underrated.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:05 pm

Always liked the cover art on Angry Machines.

Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Saw DIo on this tour, and had the privilage to meet him after the show. The album is OK, but I prefer Strange Highways....
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:59 pm

The only Dio I don't have, I don't remenber liking it much, I'll have to give it another day in court. I still don't care much for Lock up the Wolves, it just never grew on me. As far as Dehumanizer being "brooding", well, that's what makes it Sabbath!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 2:59 am

This is one of the only non-classic Dio albums I haven't heard (for some reason never really crossed my mind to pick it up) so I can't comment. I did like Strange Highways (but again, I also liked Lock Up The Wolves).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:11 pm

Spun this CD this morning and I think I take back my comments about it being a mediocre CD. I actually quite like it. I still think Tracy G may have been the wrong man for the job, but he does give this CD a dark, heavy sound. I think Dio needs a shredder as well, which Tracy G isn't. I'm going to re-write my review of this CD.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 5:45 pm

Jeff PIlson plays bass on this one, it was a so so listen for me-TJ
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 7:18 pm

Very mediocre album not doing any good standing by Dio's name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIO - Angry Machines   DIO - Angry Machines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIO - Angry Machines
Page 1 of 1