Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden

Go down 
+23
brokentulsa
scottmitchell74
exact33
Wurthless
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
Rex
James B.
MoonChild
Leatherface
glassprison
thejokeriv
iamrockerfun
Gilbert
Lari
Thrasher73
journeyman
Required Fields
80s Metal Lady
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
corplhicks
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark"
Be Quick or be Dead
Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap14%Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
From Here to Eternity
Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap8%Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap11%Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Fear is the Key
Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap3%Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Childhood's End
Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap3%Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Wasting Love
Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Fugitive
 3% [ 1 ]
Chains of Misery
 3% [ 1 ]
The Apparition
Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Judas be My Guide
Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap8%Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Weekend Warrior
 0% [ 0 ]
Fear of the Dark
Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap49%Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 49% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Fear of the Dark

Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Iron-Maiden-Fear-of-the-Dark

Recorded 1991 – April 1992 at Barnyard Studios, Essex, England
Released May 11 1992

Tough one here because it's a solid album that delivers the good but saves the best for last. The title track is an undisputed classic, and I can't argue that. I had to go with it. Had it not existed on this record, I'd probably go with Fear is the Key, relentless Middle Eastern riffing and some damn provocative lyrics.

The band went really metal with this one, with the most AC/DC style riffing yet. In a way that makes it a lesser album than most for me--in fact, I found I enjoyed No Prayer more than this. When I first heard it as a kid I wasn't terribly impressed, but in my early 20's it kind of came to life.

That said, this is how I would rank the pre-Blaze/reunion albums (feel free to do the same):

Powerslave
Number of the Beast
Killers
Piece of Mind
Iron Maiden
Somewhere in Time
No Prayer for the Dying
Fear of the Dark
Seventh Son
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 4:08 pm

I went with "Chains of Misery".

1. Iron Maiden
2. Powerslave
3. Number of the Beast
4. Somewhere in Time
5. Piece of Mind
6. Killers
7. Fear of the Dark
8. Seventh Son
9. No Prayer for the Dying
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 4:11 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

That's my number three, even if it sounds more appropriate for Dokken. Sure is a hooky tune.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 4:28 pm

corplhicks wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

That's my number three, even if it sounds more appropriate for Dokken. Sure is a hooky tune.

My top 3: Chains of Misery, Fear of the Dark, Judas Be My Guide.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 4:51 pm

The title track for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 5:12 pm

From Here to Eternity

Love that tune.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 5:18 pm

I used to have this CD. Enjoyed listening to it on Spotify so much I bought the Amazon download. I like all the songs: title track, Apparition, Weekend Warrior, Judas My Guide, etc. The only song I don't dig that much is From Here To Eternity, but it has good parts.

Voted for Afraid To Shoot Strangers.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 5:58 pm

The title track, followed by the very underrated Judas Be My Guide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 8:11 pm

The Fugitive, Fear of the Dark, Be Quick or be Dead.

I like this album a lot. The ever changing Eddie surprised me yet again, love the cover.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 2:24 am

Voted for the title track. I remember getting this when it was released. Still a good album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 4:02 am

The top 3 for me are Be Quick, Afraid To Shoot Strangers and Childhood's End.

Be Quick Or Be Dead might just be my favourite Maiden album opener. Or at least second favourite after Aces High. I love it. That's my vote.

Afraid to Shoot Strangers is dark and epic, and would have been a great fit on the X-Factor as well.

Childhood's End is haunting and the lyrics are just as relevant today.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 7:00 am

Fear of the dark. But i equally love be quick or be dead.

My favorite maiden album.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 7:22 am

voted for BQoBD, there are much better songs than FotD. e.g. judas, weekend, chain, eternity.
FotD is chronicaly known song i almost hate. enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 10:38 am

Went with the title track, great song that is even better live than on the album.

Afraid To Shoot Stranger is a cool track that was nice surprise on the Maiden England tour.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 10:57 am

Quote :
Afraid To Shoot Stranger is a cool track that was nice surprise on the Maiden England tour.

That's why I voted for it. I never paid much attention to the song until I saw a video of the 2013 Rio show. Great addition to the set.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 11:53 am

Fear of the Dark
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 12:30 pm

Afraid...........................Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Just finished listening to the album and will say it's better than the last one.
Lot's of good songs, but (IMHDO) nothing really great.
My vote goes to "Childood's End"

My rank of the first run of pre-Blaze/reunion albums
1. Piece of Mind
2. Number of the Beast
3. Killers
4. Iron Maiden
5. Somewhere in Time
6. Powerslave

The rest of them

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 4:45 pm

1. Fear of the dark
2. Afraid to shoot strangers
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 5:03 pm

Title track here too, tho "Here to Eternity" and "Be Quick or Be Dead" are strong contenders as well.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 7:34 pm

Title track is one of my favorite Maiden tunes.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Judas Be My Guide is one of my favorite Maiden tracks, so I went with it. This is a really strong album. Even though I really like the underrated No Prayer, I still think this is a step up.

My favorite pre-Blaze albums rank like this.

Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Piece of Mind
The Number of the Beast
Powerslave
Iron Maiden
Fear of the Dark
Killers
No Prayer for the Dying
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 8:31 pm

title track for me.

My pre-Blaze ranking:

Somewhere in Time
The Number of the Beast
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Powerslave
Piece of Mind
Iron Maiden
Fear of the Dark
Killers
No Prayer for the Dying

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 4:28 am

journeyman wrote:
The Fugitive, Fear of the Dark, Be Quick or be Dead.

I like this album a lot. The ever changing Eddie surprised me yet again, love the cover.

I love the song Fugitive as well. And this album art work, I consider it the best of any Maiden albums.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 7:45 am

From Here to Eternity.

Great album!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Tune on "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: