Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)

Go down 
+10
Olafsto
Joe
MetalGuy71
exact33
INVADERS
Gilbert
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
ZetaReticuli
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:15 pm

From Fear to Eternity, and the songs are from 1990 to 2010 (continuation from Somewhere Back in Time 1980-1989 I guess)

Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) FFTE_800

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=1331

Noticed there's about 3 Blaze era songs in the list but since they're marked as 'live' I take it they will be with Bruce on vocals.

DISC 1
1. The Wicker Man 4.36
2. Holy Smoke 3.49
3. El Dorado 6:49
4. Paschendale 8.28
5. Different World 4.19
6. Man On The Edge (LIVE) 4.40
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg 7.22
8. Blood Brothers 7.14
9. Rainmaker 3.49
10. Sign of the Cross (LIVE) 10.49
11. Brave New World 6.19
12. Fear Of The Dark (LIVE) 7.41

DISC 2
1. Be Quick Or Be Dead 3.24
2. Tailgunner 4.15
3. No More Lies 7.22
4. Coming Home 5.52
5. The Clansman (LIVE) 9.06
6. For the Greater Good of God 9.25
7. These Colours Don't Run) 6.52
8. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter 4.44
9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers 6.57
10. Dance of Death 8.36
11. When the Wild Wind Blows 11.02

aparently its aimed at the newer fans according to Rod and will be priced as the same as a single album.

thoughts? surely the cow will dry up soon

Last edited by Locky on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 pm

I like the idea of releasing a 90-2010 album, but I would prefer a different tracklist. Lots of great songs didn't make the cut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:27 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
I like the idea of releasing a 90-2010 album, but I would prefer a different tracklist. Lots of great songs didn't make the cut.

I just get pissed with them bloody best of CDs that throw in "live" tracks, annoys the shite out of me.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:54 pm

Locky wrote:
ZetaReticuli wrote:

I just get pissed with them bloody best of CDs that throw in "live" tracks, annoys the shite out of me.

Yea they could have easily just took out Blazes' vocals and Bruce could have sang over it and they could have remixed it as well. Those live versions were good though

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Locky wrote:
ZetaReticuli wrote:

Depends on the band and situation..... for example, the live versions with Bruce and Adrian are much, much, much better than the album versions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:18 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Locky wrote:
ZetaReticuli wrote:

Yea they could have easily just took out Blazes' vocals and Bruce could have sang over it and they could have remixed it as well. Those live versions were good though

speaking of Blaze, I see he's left the band Blaze Bayley, there's a confusing situation. They cancelled a couple of Irish dates that were coming up.

http://www.blazebayley.net/main.htm

the way he worded it

Blaze Bayley wrote:
I’ve been forced to part ways with the band

Now how does Blaze leave Blaze ? surely he'd just disband the group ?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:55 am

What's the point of buying a best of if you already own all the albums and all the songs?

I agree that there is some additional material, but is it that worthy?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:03 am

It's not so much a Cash Cow with maiden anymore, I think they have a feckin' herd going

They seem to release a "Greatest Hits" every 3 years,

1996 Best of the Beast
1999 Ed Hunter
2002 Edward the Great
2005 The Essential Iron Maiden
2008 Somewhere Back in Time
2011 From Here to Eternity

5 Live albums during that period too, it's abit much in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:41 am

i wish they'd just go back to making an album every 2-3 years in stead of releasing:

new studio album > live album > live DVD > best of > DVD accompanying best of release > live album > best of live album > new studio album...

Ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration but you see the point i'm getting at...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:21 am

Its the forumla the stones made famous and it has worked for them. I am holding off on the greatest hits for maiden until they are done. By that point i am hoping unreleased material will become available.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:18 am

Oh great ! Another Maiden greatest hits to ignore. Totally pointless.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 am

I generally skip most of Maiden's hit packages and live output, but I'd be inclined to pick this one up for the right price. I haven't purchased a Maiden comp since the 2-cd Best of the Beast collection in '96, so I'm about due.

I'd like to hear Bruce's take on the Blaze-era tunes, since I don't own those discs.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:34 am

Yeah, I'll pass. I can just listen to Bruce's take on youtube. I like the cover art though.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:53 am

Joe wrote:
I like the cover art though.

Yeah, no joke Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Locky wrote:
Locky wrote:
ZetaReticuli wrote:

speaking of Blaze, I see he's left the band Blaze Bayley, there's a confusing situation. They cancelled a couple of Irish dates that were coming up.

the way he worded it

Blaze Bayley wrote:

Yea I would think he would just disband the group. Doesn't make sense he would say he had to leave the band haha. It would be funny if they kept the name and looked for another singer though haha.

I think it just has something to do with Wolfsbane being back.

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Locky wrote:
Locky wrote:
ZetaReticuli wrote:

the way he worded it

Blaze Bayley wrote:

Yea I would think he would just disband the group. Doesn't make sense he would say he had to leave the band haha. It would be funny if they kept the name and looked for another singer though haha.

I think it just has something to do with Wolfsbane being back.

There may be a case if the other band members were "full time" and not "hired guns", in that way there may be no money having to be paid to the guys ? I don't knwo, but I think there'll be a different line up appearing at the festivals that Blaze has booked for the summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:23 pm

It would be funny if they kept the name and looked for another singer though haha.

I smell Ripper Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:26 pm

From BlazeBaley.net
Quote :
Dear fans,
Due to financial and medical reasons I’ve been forced to part ways with the band . I will give a full statement in the next few days about my future plans. I hope that all my fans will keep on supporting me in my further projects. The English dates will be postponed to December but the festivals in Germany, Sweden, Lithuania and the show in Istanbul will definitely proceed!
BB

Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) 436688

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=156102

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Locky wrote:

It would be funny if they kept the name and looked for another singer though haha.

I smell Ripper Very Happy

lol!

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:02 am

So Blaze is following in the footsteps of Dianno Rolling Eyes
I wonder how many Maiden fans will queue up outside shitty small clubs around the world, to watch the local Maiden tribute band perform fronted by the singer they all hate....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:12 am

a lot I would imagine. Got give him credit - he made a career out of two albums...

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:28 am

Olafsto wrote:
I wonder how many Maiden fans will queue up outside shitty small clubs around the world, to watch the local Maiden tribute band perform fronted by the singer they all hate....

They've been doing it for his (Blaze) entire solo career... Very Happy

Let's face it...Blaze himself is better off this way if he's looking to make a living at this. Having the other 4 guys in a democratic band situation just takes money out of his pocket and he knows it. Lots of solo singers do the "local band" thing when they tour...Eric Martin, Jamie Rowe, Jeff Scott Soto all have done it...it's actually becoming even more common...kind of like the "name" act using the local opening act's drums & amps...saves money.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:59 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

They've been doing it for his (Blaze) entire solo career... Very Happy

Let's face it...Blaze himself is better off this way if he's looking to make a living at this. Having the other 4 guys in a democratic band situation just takes money out of his pocket and he knows it. Lots of solo singers do the "local band" thing when they tour...Eric Martin, Jamie Rowe, Jeff Scott Soto all have done it...it's actually becoming even more common...kind of like the "name" act using the local opening act's drums & amps...saves money.

Yeah I guess it`s not such a bad idea, it is getting harder to make money in the music business so maybe this kind of thing is necessary.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:37 pm

Weird. I like Blaze's solo material as he sounded much more comfortable doing that than vainly attempting to imitate Bruce, but I guess things must be pretty dire if there's better money in singing Iron Maiden songs no one likes than doing his own stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)   Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden - From Fear to Eternity (The best of ...)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: