Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS

Go down 
+6
kethdredd
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
White_Mage
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Any players on here...?

I just got into the game last summer

If you play: Who Is Your Character, What Quests Are You Playing etc.

I feel like talking nerdy lol!
Back to top Go down

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:37 am

For an unknown reason lately I have been wanting to try this game out. Haven't though.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:38 am

do it man its rly fun when you get into it
Back to top Go down

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:38 am

Whoops double post!
Back to top Go down

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:40 am

White_Mage wrote:
do it man its rly fun when you get into it

I'm hoping to try it out sometime in my life. D&D or some Lord of the Rings rpg.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:41 am

D&D is great man its so classic and actully its pretty metal too

ive never played LORrpg iv also never read LOR either
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:01 am

I used to play Warhammer 40K, I liked it for a while and still read some of the White Dwarf books. But, one day, I decided to go outside and get a life.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:49 am

I had a roommate in college who was WAY into Dungeons and Dragons... he tried to get me into it as well, I joined his "group" and played a few times (mostly because there was weed involved, haha) but never got whole-hog into it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:33 am

I don't really get it.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:22 pm

I use to play it a lot when I was in high school. I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:40 pm

I used to play it alot in High School as well. My love for the game hasn't waned, I just haven't played it in a LOOOONG time. I still have a great apprecciation for some of the aesthetics of the game, such as the art, the novels (Forgotten Realms is awesome), the video games....I also like similar games like Descent: Journeys In the Dark, which is a board game.

Last edited by Angelcake Adonisus Fox on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:44 pm

I used to love to play D&D, I also played several other RPGs including Top Secret (D&D but with James Bond) and Car Wars (Mount a cannon on a car and go kill stuff). The problem is that there is a tremendous time requirement needed just to get started in one of those games. Ah memories...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:36 pm

just saw this on Yahoo News... shame...

Dungeons & Dragons co-creator dies at 69

By EMILY FREDRIX, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 44 minutes ago

MILWAUKEE - Gary Gygax, who co-created the fantasy game Dungeons & Dragons and helped start the role-playing phenomenon, died Tuesday morning at his home in Lake Geneva. He was 69. He had been suffering from health problems for several years, including an abdominal aneurysm, said his wife, Gail Gygax.
Gygax and Dave Arneson developed Dungeons & Dragons in 1974
using medieval characters and mythical creatures. The game known for its oddly shaped dice became a hit, particularly among teenage boys, and eventually was turned into video games, books and movies.
Gygax always enjoyed hearing from the game's legion of devoted fans, many of whom would stop by the family's home in Lake Geneva, about 55 miles southwest of Milwaukee, his wife said. Despite his declining health, he hosted weekly games of
Dungeons & Dragons as recently as January, she said.
"It really meant a lot to him to hear from people from over the
years about how he helped them become a doctor, a lawyer, a policeman, what he gave them," Gygax said. "He really enjoyed that."
Dungeons & Dragons players create fictional characters and carry
out their adventures with the help of complicated rules. The
quintessential geek pastime, it spawned a wealth of copycat games and later inspired a whole genre of computer games that's still growing in popularity.
Funeral arrangements are pending. Besides his wife, Gygax is survived by six children.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:41 pm

...and a hush has fallen over Krynn.....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:08 pm

I was gonna make some sort of comment about 12-sided dice or warlocks with 43 lifeforce points or something, but I don't know the game well enough, so I'll just say Rest in Peace, D&D guy. Your game has inspired countless European Power Metal bands.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:11 pm

And DIO Very Happy

Last edited by DeathCult on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was gonna make some sort of comment about 12-sided dice or warlocks with 43 lifeforce points or something,

You have been attacked by a Gelatinous Cube. Your lack of knowledge has cost you 10 HP. Your Constitiution has just dropped to 15. Roll again, young warrior.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:27 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was gonna make some sort of comment about 12-sided dice or warlocks with 43 lifeforce points or something,

You have been attacked by a Gelatinous Cube. Your lack of knowledge has cost you 10 HP. Your Constitiution has just dropped to 15. Roll again, young warrior.

And you would be the Wisdom Cube?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:53 pm

I always wanted to play it, but I didn't know anyone else who did. When I finally found a person who knew how to play and taught me, I found out that it takes waaaaayyyyyyy to much time to get going and by the time you do get going it's over. Fantasy rules though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:57 pm

When I was a kid Christendom was going through that "It's Satanic" phase about EVERYTHING including, of course, D & D so I avoided it. Now I'm too old to care or be interested. But I am thankful for all the great metal it inspires!
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
just saw this on Yahoo News... shame...

Dungeons & Dragons co-creator dies at 69

By EMILY FREDRIX, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 44 minutes ago

MILWAUKEE - Gary Gygax, who co-created the fantasy game Dungeons & Dragons and helped start the role-playing phenomenon, died Tuesday morning at his home in Lake Geneva. He was 69. He had been suffering from health problems for several years, including an abdominal aneurysm, said his wife, Gail Gygax.
Gygax and Dave Arneson developed Dungeons & Dragons in 1974
using medieval characters and mythical creatures. The game known for its oddly shaped dice became a hit, particularly among teenage boys, and eventually was turned into video games, books and movies.
Gygax always enjoyed hearing from the game's legion of devoted fans, many of whom would stop by the family's home in Lake Geneva, about 55 miles southwest of Milwaukee, his wife said. Despite his declining health, he hosted weekly games of
Dungeons & Dragons as recently as January, she said.
"It really meant a lot to him to hear from people from over the
years about how he helped them become a doctor, a lawyer, a policeman, what he gave them," Gygax said. "He really enjoyed that."
Dungeons & Dragons players create fictional characters and carry
out their adventures with the help of complicated rules. The
quintessential geek pastime, it spawned a wealth of copycat games and later inspired a whole genre of computer games that's still growing in popularity.
Funeral arrangements are pending. Besides his wife, Gygax is survived by six children.

Wow thats awful I wonder if they'll continue to release 4th Editon It'd be a shame if they stopped producing updates for the game

R.I.P Gary Gygax
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:48 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I was wearing my cloak of invincibilty at the time and I bargained with an elf for magic powder which shrinks the cube to the size of a grape and I fed it to my pet dragon.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I was wearing my cloak of invincibilty at the time and I bargained with an elf for magic powder which shrinks the cube to the size of a grape and I fed it to my pet dragon.

Look out behind you Zantar the king of the orcs is right behind you and with his gauntlet of orge strength he gains a +5 on his attack meaning he has just enough to over power your pet dragons armour class, quick roll to see if the dragon can avoid the attack DUNGEONS & DRAGONS 505193
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:

You have been attacked by a Gelatinous Cube.

Wayne's World much?
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Gygax's influence is really felt in much larger circles that the hardcore D&D dorks. Games, movies, books, really a large part of modern pop culture has been really influenced by D&D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUNGEONS & DRAGONS   DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next