Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb

Go down 
+31
Troublezone
tohostudios
brokentulsa
corplhicks
ShadowAngel
Olafsto
Addy
MoonChild
mr.electric39
Witchfinder
mc666
Getizzyback
akeldama
the sentinel
Citanul
Gilbert
Glower
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
candlemass
manny
metalinmyveins
Boris2008
exact33
Joe
Lari
Fat Freddy
666_Evil_666
mikeinfla
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 9:47 am

mc666 wrote:
Lari wrote:
mc666 wrote:
There is a rumor going around that they have hired Axl Rose as the touring singer.  

Link?

First time on the internet? Google.

No, but it might be yours. If you go through the trouble of typing a sentence, you might as well just hit ctrl-c and ctrl-v and lay out the source for all to see. Now everyone reading your message has to google it separately. Take a second, save minutes (combined).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 10:24 am

Not my job to save you minutes.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 11:22 am

It's just common courtesy.

But whatever, enough derailing. Let's discuss AC/DC.

If Brian says he still wants to continue, why is the band against it?

Slash should hire Brian.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 11:39 am

The Axl/DC story seems to be exploding all over the webs. Or "trending" as the kids say. I've had 2 people in work asking me about it and they never ask me anything music-related. Weird.

I'm not giving any credence to the story until there is an official statement about it, but the more I think about it, I gotta say I'm not totally opposed to the idea. If he's just a fill-in for a few shows, how bad could it be?

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 11:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the more I think about it, I gotta say I'm not totally opposed to the idea. If he's just a fill-in for a few shows, how bad could it be?

That's pretty much my sentiments. It's not like they're talking about a new recording. Just finishing the remaining shows they had to postpone. I think Axl could pull off some of the material pretty well.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 11:56 am

Aren't any of these people available instead of Axl?

Georg Dolivo (Rhino Bucket)

Vick Wright (Johnny Crash/Tokyo Blade)

Steve Whiteman (Kix)

Joel O'Keefe - Airbourne

Joe Comeau - Overkill, Annihilator, etc...

Whoever was the lead singer on Boned - Up At The Crack
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 12:01 pm

As long as Axl can keep his antics in check and show up on time, it could be interesting. Noone wants to wait around till 11:00 for the band to start. Those shenanigans ain't gonna fly. However, since the original shows were already booked and tickets have been sold, why not go and see the make-up dates? You'll certainly have a story to tell.

It's like the time I went to see Black Sabbath and at the last minute, Ozzy tapped out and Rob Halford stepped in. Yea, it wasn't perfect and kinda unexpected but hell, I was already there with my ticket. It made for a memorable experience to say the least.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 12:08 pm

I guess, like MG said, if it's only to honor the commitment made for those postponed shows, I can't see it being real bad. But, as a permanent replacement, please NO!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 12:09 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Aren't any of these people available instead of Axl?

Georg Dolivo (Rhino Bucket)

Vick Wright (Johnny Crash/Tokyo Blade)

Steve Whiteman (Kix)

Joel O'Keefe - Airbourne

Joe Comeau - Overkill, Annihilator, etc...

Whoever was the lead singer on Boned - Up At The Crack

Nothing wrong with those choices, but I think they want to have a "name" step-in for the make-up dates, moreso than a Brian/Bon clone. We're not talking about some washed-up bar band playing a half-empty club. Folks paying big money for arena tickets want some name recognition. It's easier to promote.

Now moving forward past these make-up dates, if they plan to record again, they might have to start at square one again at get someone that's a better fit for the band.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 12:36 pm

If Brian is done, I would really hope they don't try to shoehorn in a replacement for another album. For the final 10 gigs I get it, but beyond that NO...

I've been a fan since 1980 (7th grade)... They survived Bon to Brian, but without Malcolm and Brian... this is just over...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 12:50 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

If Brian is done, I would really hope they don't try to shoehorn in a replacement for another album.  For the final 10 gigs I get it, but beyond that NO...

I've been a fan since 1980 (7th grade)... They survived Bon to Brian, but without Malcolm and Brian... this is just over...

Good points, sir.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 2:56 am

the sentinel wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

If Brian is done, I would really hope they don't try to shoehorn in a replacement for another album.  For the final 10 gigs I get it, but beyond that NO...

Good points, sir.

every once in a while I make one or two...

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 9:11 am

the sentinel wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Good points, sir.

I agree.....
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 10:24 am

mr.electric39 wrote:

My sentiments exactly
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 11:14 am

Something tells me Angus isn't ready to hang up his school boy uniform yet. After they fulfill these tour commitments, I think I see another AC/DC album in the future. Be it a good thing or bad thing remains to be seen.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 1:52 pm

Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 2uqenwi
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:05 pm

Axl is 54 - I thought this was a gag ( no pun attended ) . Angus WILL have his hands full now - must be some MAJOR money being exchanged - then I saw that AC/DC was to open for the G-N-R reunion tour - is that part of the deal ? AC/DC have tougher lyrics than G-N-R does -TNT for example, AXL singing " watch me have a tentrum - explode " - lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:08 pm

While still not confirmed or denied by either parties involved, photos are popping up of Axl and AC/DC leaving the same rehearsal studio at different times...

Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 0328-axl-rose-acdc-tmz-22
Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 0328-axl-rose-acdc-tmz-20

Coincidence?

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 1:57 am

Wow. Axl singing for AC/DC. I am curious now...
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 am

Great marketing by AC/DC, look at all the attention this is getting.. Can`t imagine this will work over time, and sure hope i it does not.

And AC/DC opening for GNR?? Wow i had no idea GNR were that big, and still can fill up stadiums.. Over here i think it would have been the other way around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 8:09 pm

I'm amazed AC/DC aren't deaf all around considering the loudness they use. I was there in 2003 at the Circus Krone in Munich (which is a great venue for music) and after the concert i was deaf for some time (but it was f*cking awesome, one of the best concerts ever!) afterwards.
Even as a huge GN'R fan and a somewhat AC/DC fan i don't really think Axk and AC/DC work. Axl is too bipolar and needs a special treatment, i don't think AC/DC will wait for several hours until Axl is "ready" to go on the stage or in the drunken mood to stumble onto it (like GN'R on the Sweden Rock Festival a couple years ago where he was pressured on the stage, was drunk as shit to the point where tried to talk swedish very badly and was even too drunk to sing Very Happy )
I can only see this being a huge failure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 11:17 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Great marketing by AC/DC, look at all the attention this is getting..

I don't think they needed "that kind of " cheap publicity..... Axl Rose of all things!

Olafsto wrote:
Can`t imagine this will work over time, and sure hope i it does not.

I hope it doesn't either. Axl Rose is a singer that never was. Just a media hype. Even though AC/DC is too big to be damaged, this would be a suicide for the band.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 1:51 am

I would've enjoyed seeing Steve Souza take a stab as replacement.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 7:21 am

I would hope that with only Angus as a mainstay, they would bow out gracefully. For a long term replacement, I would hope for one of the "sound-alikes" to either Brian or Bon, as I don't think they would have the time left to carve a new niche with an unknown.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 11:11 am

several guys that come to mind as way better choices than axel would be Rex Scott from X-Sinner...Tom Keifer from Cinderella or maybe "Dizzy" Dean Davidson from Britny Fox..I just cant see the axel thing working and would not pay money to see this...(I am not convinced the GnR reunion is worth the effort..)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next