Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb

Go down 
+31
Troublezone
tohostudios
brokentulsa
corplhicks
ShadowAngel
Olafsto
Addy
MoonChild
mr.electric39
Witchfinder
mc666
Getizzyback
akeldama
the sentinel
Citanul
Gilbert
Glower
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
candlemass
manny
metalinmyveins
Boris2008
exact33
Joe
Lari
Fat Freddy
666_Evil_666
mikeinfla
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 1:42 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Is Tim Owens available?

Would love to hear what would come out of this cocktail!
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 3:17 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Is Tim Owens available?

Is he ever not available?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 9:48 am

What about Marc Storace?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 12:23 pm

the sentinel wrote:
What about Marc Storace?

AC/DC singer rumor roulette continues as there appears to be another name in the mix to replace frontman Brian Johnson, who the band says faced complete hearing loss if he had continued with their previously scheduled tour commitments.
Rob Liotti, the former Honeygun singer and the actor who has been selected to portray Bon Scott in a biopic about the late AC/DC frontman, says that he has been in contact with the band about replacing Johnson, according to BraveWords.

They report that Liotti had this to say, "Yes, I will confirm that I have had contact with the band - both directly and through third parties close to the AC/DC camp, but that's really all I can say."

He added, "I received a call from a fan in France today who said he felt I was the guy for the job. He is friends with a Young family member and insisted that he was making a call to recommend me. You have to love people that dedicated."

Liotti also had this to say about Krokus singer Marc Storace, who is also said to be in consideration for the job, "Marc is a good vocalist and I personally like his work. Ironically, I know former Krokus drummer, Steve Pace, and we have jammed together. The night we met, Steve was quick to say that Marc and I reminded him of one another.

"I think I'm a bit grittier than Marc to be honest. I've had a lot more practice with the Bon Scott era stuff, but he can clearly pull that off. It's the music post-Bon that is the issue. I can do both..."

It is unclear what direct contact he has had with the band about the possible gig. He says that he has "not been contacted about an audition. They do have sound files of me singing a few of their songs. They clearly know who I am given the Bon Scott film project.

"At this point, it is up to Angus Young. If he feels like I'm the guy, I'm happy to help complete their tour dates. Hopefully they can get over the fact I'm 6'2 and American."

And another article:

Krokus singer Marc Storace says he turned down the chance to audition for AC/DC after Bon Scott passed away. Now that the band is rumored to be searching for a new singer once more, he wouldn’t mind having another shot at the gig.
“I wasn’t interested at all,” Storace said in a 2013 interview when the subject of his brush with AC/DC came up. “I was happy in Switzerland, Krokus started just to break through internationally — even in the United States. We were number one everywhere. In the band, there was this great camaraderie. I did not wanted to leave to go anywhere else. I was here at home. I am a loyal dog.”
The singer who ultimately got the job, Brian Johnson, has more than established himself during a nearly 40-year run with AC/DC. But in the wake of recent reports suggesting Johnson may no longer be able to tour due to hearing loss, Storace has made it clear he wouldn’t turn down another audition — and has even hinted that talks may already have begun.
“There’s my loyalty to Krokus, but the guys would understand if the offer came and I would certainly take it up this time and go for an audition,” Storace told BlastEcho. “Then it’s up to [AC/DC lead guitarist] Angus [Young] to decide. For me, AC/DC is Angus Young — no offense to Brian Johnson. I think Brian Johnson did a magnificent job with his special unique kind of voice. But losing your hearing is not a nice thing. It’s like losing our eyesight for a musician.”
Asked whether anyone from the band had reached out to him, Storace admitted they hadn’t, but seemed to suggest that he’d received overtures from execs at Krokus and AC/DC’s shared label, Sony. “I actually didn’t even have to call Sony. They were already on the ball,” said Storace. “This thing is not an easy thing to decide. I don’t know what’s happening and I don’t wanna ask. I’m concentrating on my life and if they decide it’s gonna be someone else, I’ll continue with my life like I’ve always [done].”

Read More: Could Krokus Singer Marc Storace Replace Brian Johnson in AC/DC? | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/singer-marc-storace-acdc/?trackback=tsmclip
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 12:28 pm

Cool. Thanks, Mike. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 2:01 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Is Tim Owens available?

He's sitting by his phone as we speak. Periodically he yells "RING, DAMMIT!" at it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 2:31 pm

I believe this is Rob Liotti with his band TNT.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 2:54 pm

Marc Storace would be a good choice.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 9:51 pm

If replacing Brian is the case, (which I don't like the idea), just get a Bon sound alike and a Brian sound alike and pay homage to both eras.
Back to top Go down
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 10:50 pm

Too late, they are calling me tomorrow. LOL.

Some are saying Rob Halford is going to do the 10 shows, but I doubt that, just people making speculations, etc.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 12:44 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Whitfield Crane would be the choice, that guy sang a few AC/DC
songs on tribute albums and he was FLAWLESS! I'm not a huge Ugly Kid Joe fan, but Crane is the man!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 11:14 am

Getizzyback wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Whitfield Crane would be the choice, that guy sang a few AC/DC
songs on tribute albums and he was FLAWLESS! I'm not a huge Ugly Kid Joe fan, but Crane is the man!

I'd 2nd that nominee. He does a killer Bon Scott impression. After they tossed Dan Nelson and before Joey came back, his name was thrown around the rumor mill to sing for Anthrax. I would've liked to hear that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 4:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Is Tim Owens available?

He's sitting by his phone as we speak. Periodically he yells "RING, DAMMIT!" at it.

Tim "Big Balls" Owens
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Tim "Ain't No Fun Waitin' 'Round To Be A Millionaire" Owens
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 10:55 am

akeldama wrote:
Tim "Ain't No Fun Waitin' 'Round To Be A Millionaire" Owens

Laughing very hard Even better!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 1:06 am

There is a rumor going around that they have hired Axl Rose as the touring singer.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 2:05 am

mc666 wrote:
There is a rumor going around that they have hired Axl Rose as the touring singer.  

Link?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 7:30 am

http://www.alternativenation.net/axl-rose-ac-dc-all-but-done-deal/
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 8:55 am

Lari wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Link?

First time on the internet? Google.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 8:57 am

It's a little early for April Fool's pranks, isn't it?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 9:07 am

Oh good Lord, pleeeeease let that be a fake article!! Haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 9:11 am

Well, they have done a ripping cover of 'Whole Lotta Rosie' back in the day.

And just looking for that clip, I see that Axl and Co. have kept that in the setlist over the years.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 9:13 am

What'll they call it, AXL/DC? Angus N Roses?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 9:15 am

I think most folks will call it a Train Wreck of Unparalleled Proportions or possibly the First Sign of the Apocalypse.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 9:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think most folks will call it a Train Wreck of Unparalleled Proportions or possibly the First Sign of the Apocalypse.

Nah... too hard to fit all that on a concert t-shirt. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next