Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb

Go down 
+31
Troublezone
tohostudios
brokentulsa
corplhicks
ShadowAngel
Olafsto
Addy
MoonChild
mr.electric39
Witchfinder
mc666
Getizzyback
akeldama
the sentinel
Citanul
Gilbert
Glower
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
candlemass
manny
metalinmyveins
Boris2008
exact33
Joe
Lari
Fat Freddy
666_Evil_666
mikeinfla
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 7:59 am

007 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 12938111

Laughing very hard

+1
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 10:39 am

martinsane wrote:
It makes you wonder how Angus will take to Axles notorious tardiness?

So far, most reports/opinions have been pretty positive about the GnR shows. Even with his broken foot, Axl seems to be showing up relatively on-time and in good voice. Maybe he's finally grown-up. Seems to me, he's trying to put that nonsense behind him and put on a good show for the fans.

And now that I've said that, I'm sure this whole situation will go tits-up in a furious temper tantrum in the near future over tiny bread at the craft services table back stage or 2nd-billing to a puppet show.

I was skeptical at first, but now I'm looking forward to the Axl/DC show. You gotta admit, it's gonna be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 12:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
You gotta admit, it's gonna be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

That may have very well been a big part of the decision to bring Axl in. A lot of names have been thrown around as potential replacements, but if any of those had been chosen then there could well have been a lot of people thinking that it's not going to be worth seeing AC/DC with that person fronting them. But Axl being there is sure to attract the crowds.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 1:02 pm

If indeed Brian was fired he should start a band with Wino or Mikkey Dee and Phil Campbell. Yay? Nay?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 3:16 pm

akeldama wrote:
If indeed Brian was fired he should start a band with Wino or Mikkey Dee and Phil Campbell. Yay? Nay?

Nay. No offense to Brian, but he's never been a top vocalist of mine. If he went off into the sunset and called it a day, I'd be ok with that.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 10:23 pm

I don't think Axl will screw this gig for himself, he has too much respect for AC/DC, he is a huge Bon Scott fan and is one of the few, hell the only band aside from Queen that he always praises
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 11:32 am

Brian issues an official statement...

"As many AC/DC fans know, the remaining shows for the 2016 AC/DC 'Rock Or Bust' world tour, including 10 postponed U.S. shows, are being rescheduled with a guest singer. I want personally to explain the reason because I don't believe the earlier press releases sufficiently set out what I wanted to say to our fans or the way in which I thought it should be presented.

"On March 7th, after a series of examinations by leading physicians in the field of hearing loss, I was advised that if I continue to perform at large venues, I risked total deafness. While I was horrified at the reality of the news that day, I had for a time become aware that my partial hearing loss was beginning to interfere with my performance on stage. I was having difficulty hearing the guitars on stage and because I was not able to hear the other musicians clearly, I feared the quality of my performance could be compromised. In all honesty, this was something I could not in good conscience allow. Our fans deserve my performance to be at the highest level, and if for any reason I can't deliver that level of performance, I will not disappoint our fans or embarrass the other members of AC/DC. I am not a quitter and I like to finish what I start. Nevertheless, the doctors made it clear to me and my bandmates that I had no choice but to stop performing on stage for the remaining shows and possibly beyond. That was the darkest day of my professional life.

"Since that day, I have had several consultations with my doctors and it appears that, for the near future, I will be unable to perform on stage at arena- and stadium-size venues where the sound levels are beyond my current tolerance, without the risk of substantial hearing loss and possibly total deafness. Until that time, I tried as best as I could to continue despite the pain and hearing loss but it all became too much to bear and too much to risk.

"I am personally crushed by this development more than anyone could ever imagine. The emotional experience I feel now is worse than anything I have ever in my life felt before. Being part of AC/DC, making records and performing for the millions of devoted fans this past 36 years has been my life's work. I cannot imagine going forward without being part of that, but for now I have no choice. The one thing for certain is that I will always be with AC/DC at every show in spirit, if not in person. Most importantly, I feel terrible having to disappoint the fans who bought tickets for the canceled shows and who have steadfastly supported me and AC/DC these many years.

"Words cannot express my deep gratitude and heartfelt thanks not just for the recent outpouring to me personally of kind words and good wishes, but also for the years of loyal support of AC/DC. My thanks also go to Angus and Cliff for their support.

"Finally, I wish to assure our fans that I am not retiring. My doctors have told me that I can continue to record in studios and I intend to do that. For the moment, my entire focus is to continue medical treatment to improve my hearing. I am hoping that in time my hearing will improve and allow me to return to live concert performances. While the outcome is uncertain, my attitude is optimistic. Only time will tell.

Once again, my sincere best wishes and thanks to everyone for their support and understanding.

Love, Brian"

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 1:43 pm

Hope he will still record in studios. Always happy to buy new AC/DC material.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 2:02 pm

WE SALUTE YOU, BRIAN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 5:13 pm

36 years - as AC DC's lead- singer -
I was I was 36 laughing
I wonder why it took so long for that statement to be announced ?
Face it - there's NO replacing him.....with anyone.
His 'voice' and stage presence - is just that original and good.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 8:09 pm

Man, I feel for the guy. I am glad that he is not retiring though, and will still make more music with AC/DC in the future. So, I get it that everyone experiences hearing loss at late stages of life, let alone being onstage in a Metal band that fires cannons for 40 years, but did he not wear some type of hearing protection, or did he, and it still ends this way?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 8:42 pm

^^ have you ever been to an AC/DC show? When they fire those cannons off, even with ear protection, those f*ckers are LOUD. I can't imagine beind directly in front of them night after night on tour... for years!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 9:21 pm

Yes. I figured he had some sort of hearing protection but it's like we said, the cumulative effects of nearly 4 decades on tour.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 7:27 am

On a side note, I heard Ace Frehley was put in a hospital - for a few days -
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 10:37 am

Angus makes a statement...

AC/DC has taken to social media to address the circumstances surrounding singer Brian Johnson's exit from the band.

Bassist Cliff Williams and guitarist Angus Young, along with GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose, who is filling in for Brian, filmed a one-minute video explaining why Johnson had decided to step down as AC/DC's lead singer.

"You get a lot of rumors out there; a lot of people think Brian was fired. [But] that's not the case," Angus said.

"It was mainly his hearing. He already had a very bad ear, and the good ear that he had left was dropping rapidly. I mean, it was an ongoing [issue]ā€¦ all the way pretty much through the tour from the beginning."

Cliff elaborated: "He had an instance where there was a marked drop in that one good ear and it came back, but not completely. The doc told him this can happen again and it may not come back. So, you know, you kind ofā€¦ What do you do with that?"

Angus added that the decision to have Brian replaced for the upcoming tour "was out of our hands," insisting that "it was [Brian's] call what he felt" the best way to proceed was.

"We wouldn't win in a lot of situations because if we just stopped, there would have been a lot of people unhappy."

Rose will make his debut with AC/DC on a 12-show European leg starting on Saturday, May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal.

"It's a horrible thing [what happened to Brian]," said Axl. "And you hope that he gets better.

"I'm not dancing around about this, because it's not like, okay, somebody said they're gonna go do something else. It's because of an unfortunate circumstance. And that's something I'm very aware of."

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 9:01 pm

Can Brian even sing that well anymore?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 10:52 pm

candlemass wrote:
Sounded great on the Black Ice tour, but no clue what he sounded like since then.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 9:38 am

Here's the setlist from the first show of AXL/DC...

"Rock or Bust"
"Shoot to Thrill"
"Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be"
"Back in Black"
"Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder"
"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
"Rock 'N' Roll Damnation"
"Thunderstruck"
"High Voltage"
"Rock 'N' Roll Train"
ā€¯Hells Bells"
"Given the Dog a Bone"
"Sin City"
"You Shook Me All Night Long"
"Shot Down in Flames"
"Have a Drink on Me"
"T.N.T."
"Whole Lotta Rosie"
"Let There Be Rock"
"Highway to Hell"
"Riff Raff"
"For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"

Review and video clips here...
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7358020/axl-rose-ac-dc-lisbon-video

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 9:39 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
candlemass wrote:
Sounded great on the Black Ice tour, but no clue what he sounded like since then.

Yea, I saw them on the Black Ice tour and he sounded as good as ever. He supposedly gave up smoking prior to them recording the Black Ice album. He sounded fine on Rock or Bust too.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 4:21 pm

I for one am impressed not only with Axl's punctuality but also that he sounds pretty good IMO and I am not a Guns or Axl fan.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 10:17 am

akeldama wrote:
I for one am impressed not only with Axl's punctuality but also that he sounds pretty good IMO and I am not a Guns or Axl fan.

I thought he did pretty well. Although it sounds like it puts one heck of a strain on his voice. I wonder how long he can keep singing in that higher register before something blows.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 10:27 am

akeldama wrote:
I for one am impressed not only with Axl's punctuality but also that he sounds pretty good IMO

He has also come across very respectful of the situation in the interviews I've seen.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 10:46 am

mc666 wrote:
akeldama wrote:
I for one am impressed not only with Axl's punctuality but also that he sounds pretty good IMO

He has also come across very respectful of the situation in the interviews I've seen.

My wife and i were discussing this a bit last night, and I made a similar comment that Axl has been very focused and that he has indeed been respectful of the situation. Id even throw the word humble into the mix. I think he is living the ultimate fanboy dream right now. As it was said he has alot of respect for AC/DC and Queen.

The clips i heard were pretty good and I for one if had tickets to see Axl fronted ACDC Id go.

I also read that alot of the european venues offered a full refund when it was announced that Axl was filling in I read that very few took advantage of it.

Axl is one of those singers you either love him or hate him IMO
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 10:57 am

You figure AC/DC has been around forever and chances are, most of the fans have seen them before over the years. This is a very unique and memorable situation.

I'm really hoping this incarnation makes it back for the make-up dates in the states. I want to see this.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 11:02 am

Damn. Well, mark me down as someone who is really friggin' impressed with Axl on the videos I've seen on Youtube. I didn't know he still had THAT voice.

Gotta admit, I'm a little concerned about him being able to keep that up, but it sounds like the late '80s hearing him in that register again. You don't hear that with GNR anymore.

That's one way to get your abs back! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb   Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Johnson said he was kicked to the curb
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next