Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite King Diamond release?

Go down 
+23
jstate
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
Invader
MetalRob331
Sword Of The Heretic
stormspell
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
candlemass
nevermore
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
TrogDawn
zombiewalkin
AchrisK
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
ultmetal
Shiney
Lurideath
sovdat
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:57 pm

So really it's a toss up? I'm not sure I've seen one artist or band whose discography was voted on in such a way. It really seams like it just depends who you ask....interesting....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:07 am

I just ordered "The Eye" from Half.com it was only $4.99.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 4:12 am

"Them" because it's freakin spooky. Great horror story and maybe best overall concept album.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:46 am

Everything up to THE EYE included.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:14 am

Just saw their video for Give Me Your Soul. Now, I had heard of King Diamond for many years, but never gave his bands the time of day. I loved the video AND the music. I will be checking into more KD releases.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:29 am

I like Mercyful Fate over KD but both bands rock. Abigail is a great record. My fav with KD on it is Time by MF
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:59 am

"Abigail" or "Conspiracy"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:40 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
I don't listen to his stuff anymore, but back when I did, the first three MERCYFUL FATE releases (Mercyful Fate EP, Melissa, Don't Break the Oath) were my favorites. 🤘

I never really got into his solo stuff. I had the first few he did, but they just never did much for me. Neutral

Same for me, I find his solo stuff to be mostly average/corny. Although Fatal Portrait is a really good album, probably because its closer to MF in sound. I may be wrong here so please feel free to let me know what I'm missing out on.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Definetly Abigail. Conspiracy is a close second though. Conspiracy scared the crap out of me when I was younger. I was also stupid at the time too and believed the album was a true story and after hearing "Let it be done" it freaked me out so much I destroyed my cassette and deemed to never listen to it again. About a year later I picked up Abigail and I was back to listening to the King again lol. Funny thing talking about conspiracy I just got the remastered version in the mail today so this will be the 3rd time I bought it since destroying it lol. Im an idiot Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:20 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Definetly Abigail. Conspiracy is a close second though.

Ditto!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:24 pm

ArmouredAngel wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
I don't listen to his stuff anymore, but back when I did, the first three MERCYFUL FATE releases (Mercyful Fate EP, Melissa, Don't Break the Oath) were my favorites. 🤘

I never really got into his solo stuff. I had the first few he did, but they just never did much for me. Neutral

Same for me, I find his solo stuff to be mostly average/corny. Although Fatal Portrait is a really good album, probably because its closer to MF in sound. I may be wrong here so please feel free to let me know what I'm missing out on.

I always preferred Mercyful Fate to KD's solo stuff too. I have all of MF's albums but only have KD's FATAL PORTRAIT and ABIGAIL. Of the KDs I own I'd have to say FATAL PORTRAIT is my fave.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Right now I actually think Give Me Your Soul... Please might be my favorite. It might be the new-ness factor here. But I really love this record.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:22 pm

Fatal Portrait or Abigail, but I have a heard time picking between those first 4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:44 pm

Just recently got into King, so I only have a few albums. My favorite would have to be Give me your soul...please. I like how he doesn't use his falsetto as much on that album. His normal voice is pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 12:18 am

Early MERCYFUL FATE all the way...but the first few KING DIAMOND discs are cool...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:16 pm

Since my post on this I have gotten "Them", The Graveyard and Spider's Lullabye and have rediscovered my love for King (at the time of that post I only had Abigail-though over 8 years ago I had every album from Abigail to Voodoo). I plan on getting more now that I'm starting find his albums used around here.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:29 am

Abigail
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:34 am

Definetly Abigail. Conspiracy is a close second though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:49 am

I stopped listening to King Diamond around the same time I stopped sewing patches on my denim jackets....but, if I had to pick one it would be Fatal Portrait.

But at age 38 the only thing that King Diamond inspires in me is laughter.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:17 pm

Them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite King Diamond release?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2