Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

King Diamond

Go down 
+8
martinsane
Glower
candlemass
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 3:35 am

Just saw this on the King Diamond site, figured there might be some interest here. If you pre-order one you have a chance to get a signed one.

https://knucklebonz.com/product/king-diamond-rock-iconz-statue/#&gid=1&pid=1

The King Diamond limited edition collectible is hand painted and numbered and produced as a fine arts piece. There are only 1777 created and sold worldwide.

We estimate the King Diamond Rock Iconz statue will ship early 2018.

If you pre-order now, you will be included in a random drawing to receive a statue autographed by King Diamond himself. There will only be 77 of these signed statues, which also come with a special autographed certificate of authenticity.

Fans who were randomly drawn for the signed version will be notified just prior to shipping. Get updates on this drawing as well as the latest production updates at FaceBook/Twitter.

Reserve yours now to ensure you receive one of these limited edition collectibles.

King Diamond asked us to include this note from him directly to you:

“If you place this statue in a room where you sleep

I will show you a glimpse of another world

a world you are not supposed to see… yet.”

----------------------------------------------

Ordered mine already. I have several of these things and think they are pretty cool. Pricey, but very cool. King Diamond 438278

Last edited by Wrecked Neck on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 6:07 am

Too expensive...will skip this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 9:52 am

These things are neat, but way too expensive for me. I wanted to get the Lemmy one, but no way I was paying that much for a statute to sit and collect dust on a shelf.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Yeah they are expensive, but the detail and overall quality is very nice. Once we get moved and into a house I own, I plan on building a wall that I can put all my cds and records together. I plan on using these as a sort of bookmark for the bands. So far I have a Dio, Lemmy, Jimi Hendrix, Halford, Tipton, and Downing. Going to look great when I get it done.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 1:32 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Yeah they are expensive, but the detail and overall quality is very nice. Once we get moved and into a house I own, I plan on building a wall that I can put all my cds and records together. I plan on using these as a sort of bookmark for the bands. So far I have a Dio, Lemmy, Jimi Hendrix, Halford, Tipton, and Downing. Going to look great when I get it done.

Send a photo!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 1:37 pm

That's too expensive for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Cool item, but that's something I'd never get. Hell, I can't keep up on my music buying because there's just too much stuff I want. I don't need to start collecting other music related items.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 2:56 am

For anyone interested, they have finally released the date for the new DVD that has been talked about for over a decade now lol They have a ton of different vinyl versions available, and box sets and stuff. As much as I really wanted the deluxe box set, I had to settle for the vinyl and dvd/cd set. Wish they would have waited until AFTER Christmas! Oh well just glad it's finally being release:

https://www.kingdiamondcoven.com/dvd-info

On January 25th, King Diamond will release a new DVD/Blu-ray, Songs For The Dead Live, via Metal Blade Records.

There is only one King Diamond, and for more than thirty years the great Dane has been dropping classic albums and putting on shows fans remember for the rest of their lives. Perhaps the only downside to having such a formidable catalogue is that there are just too many great songs to fit into a single set. However, you would be hard-pressed to find a fan who wouldn't want to hear 1987's seminal Abigail in its entirety, and Songs For The Dead Live captures this, twice, and in very different locales. Boasting eighteen songs per set, each of the two shows - Belgium's Graspop Metal Meeting in June 2016 and Philadelphia's Fillmore in November 2015 - feature a brace of classic King Diamond and Mercyful Fate tracks including "Welcome Home," "Halloween," and "Eye Of The Witch" before launching into Abigail. The performances of the all-star lineup of musicians, comprising of guitarists Andy LaRocque and Mike Wead, bassist Pontus Egberg and drummer Matt Thompson, are absolutely ferocious, hammering home every single moment.

For a preview of Songs For The Dead Live, a video for "Sleepless Nights (Live at The Fillmore)" can be viewed at: http://metalblade.com/kingdiamond/ - where you can also pre-order the release in the following formats:

--2DVD/CD 6-Panel Digipak

--Blu-ray (includes audio digital download of Philadelphia Show)

--special edition box set with 5 discs (2DVD, 2CD, 1 Blu-ray) plus poster, flier, laminate, setlist, ticket, sticker, and guitar pick (limited to 3000 copies)

--opaque blue with white splatter vinyl (US retail exclusive - limited to 600 copies)

--opaque red with black splatter vinyl (US webstore exclusive - limited to 200 copies)

--opaque white with black splatter vinyl (US webstore exclusive - limited to 200 copies)

--180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)

--transparent amber marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 700 copies)

--clear ghost white vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 500 copies)

--orange-brown/black marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 300 copies)

--black/purple melt vinyl (Nuclear Blast exclusive - limited to 200 copies)

--orange/red marbled vinyl (Napalm exclusive - limited to 300 copies)

--clear lavender marbled vinyl (EMP exclusive - limited to 200 copies)

--clear ash grey marbled vinyl (Bengan exclusive - limited to 200 copies)

--pink blue marbled vinyl (Ebay exclusive - limited to 200 copies)

Captured on film by director Denise Korycki for Wild Wind Studios, she worked closely with King on every aspect of filming, and throughout the viewer finds themselves front and center as the shows unfold. This includes some inventive camera placement, such as riding in on the back of the wheelchair as it is wheeled out to "Out From The Asylum" at the start of the show, or looking up from the coffin at the commencement of Abigail opener "Funeral", which adds an extra dimension to proceedings. Naturally, the theatricality that has become synonymous with King Diamond is there in full force, making for an even more immersive experience. The gothic stage set and the participation of actors playing out certain scenes tying into the songs definitely increases the drama and the sense of complete disconnect from the trappings of reality, ensuring that the shows remain riveting from start to finish.

While the setlists are virtually identical, the drastic difference in the two venues make for distinctly different atmospheres. The sweeping, epic scale of Graspop and the virtual sea of baying metalheads makes for a particularly thrilling spectacle, King holding them all in the palm of his hand. The Fillmore show is immediately more intimate, and rather than a mixed bag of metal lovers drunk on a weekend of the heavy stuff, the audience is comprised entirely of the King Diamond devout, screaming back every word, their love for their hero bleeding from every frame. Songs For The Dead Live gives those who missed out on seeing these shows in the flesh a chance to vividly experience them, offering so much deeper an experience than your run of the mill live DVD.

Graspop Metal Meeting track-listing

Out from the Asylum
Welcome Home
Sleepless Nights
Halloween
Eye of the Witch
Melissa
Come to the Sabbath
Them
Funeral
Arrival
A Mansion in Darkness
The Family Ghost
The 7th Day of July 1777
Omens
The Possession
Abigail
Black Horsemen
Insanity

The Fillmore track-listing

Out from the Asylum
Welcome Home
Sleepless Nights
Eye of the Witch
Halloween
Melissa
Come to the Sabbath
Them
Funeral
Arrival
A Mansion in Darkness
The Family Ghost
The 7th Day of July 1777
Omens
The Possession
Abigail
Black Horsemen
Insanity

King Diamond 438278

Last edited by Wrecked Neck on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 6:23 pm

“If you place this statue in a room where you sleep

I will show you a glimpse of another world

a world you are not supposed to see… yet.”

This is somehow supposed to appeal to grown men? Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 6:49 pm

If anyone is interested - type 'King Diamond statue' - youtube -
I think it's the coolest statue yet - from the ones I've seen.
Something about him and his bands - that I have ALWAYS admired.
I liked Alice Cooper - when I was young - Sabbath -
I LOVE how the statue is holding out the lantern -
It's like Dark Shadows tv sitcom vibe.

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 7:44 pm

https://youtu.be/Sja1CCWgxYU
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Cool on you for getting into these and sharing about them. I'm not into them, but hey that's me.

Are they resin? Just curious.

For a buck fifty I'd rather find something signed by King that can be framed and hung... Or just by the discography and headphone out.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 12:52 am

Those statues are awesome, and I have slept next to mine since the day it arrived in the mail, and nothing happened! However, I resurrected this thread, because of the DVD finally being released. You can read all about it a couple posts up lol

And btw, for even more money, you can get a Mercyful Fate statue they have on sale now, set to be released in a month or so. And yes, I ordered one, I don't care the cost.

https://knucklebonz.com/product/special-bundle-15-off-mercyful-fate-set/

Yes, I spent over $300.00 for the set! I have a problem, and I don't care lol
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 7:46 am

Wrecked Neck ! You sound great, man !
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 11:21 am

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 2:10 pm

Like others said, the statues are cool but they are expensive as hell
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Lol i give up...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 5:05 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Those statues are awesome, and I have slept next to mine since the day it arrived in the mail, and nothing happened! However, I resurrected this thread, because of the DVD finally being released. You can read all about it a couple posts up lol

And btw, for even more money, you can get a Mercyful Fate statue they have on sale now, set to be released in a month or so. And yes, I ordered one, I don't care the cost.

I'm going to skip on those statues. But I hope to get the dvd.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 5:13 pm

nevermore wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Was kind of hoping, instead of two Abigail shows, they would have released one Abigail show and the previous tour before it. I didn't get to see them do Abigail, but saw the tour previous to that one, and it would be nice to relive that experience again. Guess Youtube will be my friend whenever I get the urge to revisit it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 11:24 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Was kind of hoping, instead of two Abigail shows, they would have released one Abigail show and the previous tour before it. I didn't get to see them do Abigail, but saw the tour previous to that one, and it would be nice to relive that experience again. Guess Youtube will be my friend whenever I get the urge to revisit it.

I agree with you. They should have put the best Abigail show as a dvd. And then put another different show as dvd 2. I didn't get to see the Abigail tour either. In fact, I haven't seen KD since the House Of God tour.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 2:10 am

So speaking of live King Diamond, they announced a U.S. tour this winter. Presale starts tomorrow for blabbermouth. I have no idea where or how to find the presale code, but maybe you guys know how. I'll be trying to get a decent seat through stub hub most likely. Unless there are good ones left over by the time they g o on sale to the public with no code. Either way, I can't fucking wait! King Diamond 438278

https://www.metalblade.com/us/news/king-diamond-announces-north-american-tour-dates/

King Diamond announces North American tour dates with Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats, Idle Hands

Reveals upcoming album details

After introducing a new live show, as well as music, at festivals across Europe this summer, King Diamond is now ready to officially reveal the title and theme for the first studio album in 12 years: The Institute! Fans can expect the debut single to arrive this fall and an album in 2020; in the meantime, a tour teaser with a sneak peak of the new stage set can be viewed at: youtu.be/AdoUczDwKh4

King Diamond comments about the upcoming album The Institute: “For reasons unknown to you, it is clear that you have no way of making it to ‘The Institute’ on your own at this point. Therefore, we will bring THE INSTITUTE to you.
You don’t want to miss this special opportunity for treatment only we can give you. It could be for your own good, you know…”

In support of The Institute project, King Diamond will embark on a North American tour with Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats and Idle Hands in November/December.

King Diamond comments: “Watch out North America, we are coming for you this Winter. I’m very proud to bring two special and amazing guests to you. Their names are Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats, plus Idle Hands.
Make an appointment now…kingdiamondcoven.com“

Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats adds: “As the long nights draw in and the temperatures drop, I can’t think of a better artist to creep around North America with than the legendary King Diamond. You’ll all be in for a treat…See you there!”

Idle Hands adds: “Touring with the iconic King Diamond is nothing short of a dream and we are excited to make it a reality.”

See below for all dates! Meet and Greet with King Diamond is available for the first time ever on this tour – VIP Meet and Greet packages which include one ticket to the show and exclusive merchandise go live this Tuesday at 10am ET at: kingdiamondcoven.com

King Diamond tour dates
w/ Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats, Idle Hands
Nov. 2 – Dallas, TX – Bomb Factory
Nov. 4 – Atlanta, GA – Tabernacle
Nov. 5 – Orlando, FL – Dr. Phillips Center
Nov. 7 - Brooklyn, NY – Kings Theatre
Nov. 8 – Worcester, MA – The Palladium
Nov. 10 – Philadelphia, PA – The Tower Theater
Nov. 11 – Baltimore, MD – The Lyric
Nov. 12 – Montreal, QC – M-Telus
Nov. 14 – Detroit, MI – The Fillmore
Nov. 15 – Cleveland, OH – The Agora Theatre
Nov. 16 – Louisville, KY – The Palace Theatre
Nov. 18 – Chicago, IL – The Riviera
Nov. 19 – Minneapolis, MN – Palace Theater

Nov. 22 – Denver, CO – The Fillmore
Nov. 23 – Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
Nov. 25 – Seattle, WA – The Paramount
Nov. 26 – Portland, OR – The Schnitzer
Nov. 27 – Vancouver, BC – The Queen Elizabeth
Nov. 29 – San Francisco, CA – The Warfield
Dec. 1 – Los Angeles, CA – The Wiltern
Dec. 2 – San Diego, CA – Magnolia
Dec. 3 – Anaheim, CA – The Grove of Anaheim
Dec. 4 – Phoenix, AZ – Comerica

Stay tuned for more news about The Institute coming soon!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 6:33 am

I've never seen King Diamond live. The nearest show for me is Cleveland.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 1:11 pm

The closest show for me is Atlanta. But I'll be seeing Hammerfall that night in Charlotte.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Guys, I think I'm gonna plan for the show at the Wiltern. I NEED to see KD live. Already started saving up.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 7:05 pm

I'm a huge KD fan but with my job delivering for Amazon, I'll probably be booked up from mid-October through early January. I know Amazon never let us take time off during that time so I'm sure the logistic companies that they go through probably won't either.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

King Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond   King Diamond Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King Diamond
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next