Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite King Diamond release?

Go down 
+23
jstate
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
Invader
MetalRob331
Sword Of The Heretic
stormspell
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
candlemass
nevermore
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
TrogDawn
zombiewalkin
AchrisK
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
ultmetal
Shiney
Lurideath
sovdat
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Favorite King Diamond release? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 2:36 pm

I can't understand that many people are listing "The Eye" as a disappointment - it's my favorite KD disc!!

Altough, my favorite story wold be Them / Conspiracy and the second
part of Abigail. The Eye is based on the real events (except for the
necklace), so it doesn't count Smile

New album is coming out this year!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 3:58 pm

My favorite is Them. The musicianship and layout of the songs is awesome!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 4:05 pm

As much as I love his solo material, my favorite stuff that King Diamond has done is still Mercyful Fate's Melissa. So many great riffs on there.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 4:50 pm

favorite disc: ABIGAIL

closely followed by THE GRAVEYARD (I know alot don't like this one too)

but I really like all that I have...

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 5:07 pm

The Spider's Lullabye

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 5:48 pm

1.) House Of God (another criminally underrated KD selection, & my personal fave)
2.) Fatal Portrait
3.) The Eye
4.) Them
5.) Abigail

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 5:52 pm

Well, my personal favorite might change, 'cause I'm totally unfamiliar with King's post The Eye era (except Abigail 2)!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 7:55 pm

Man, huge fan of King Diamond.

1) "Them"
2) Fatal Portrait
3) Conspiracy
4) Abigail
5) The Eye
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 8:11 pm

Fatal Portait is the one I like the most,

01-Fatal Portait
02-Them
03-Abigail
04-Conspiracy
05-Abigail II
06-The Eye
07-The Puppet Master

etc...........
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 8:18 pm

Quote :
I can't understand that many people are listing "The Eye" as a disappointment - it's my favorite KD disc!!

I freakin' LOVE that disc. It's my favorite from King as well. After that, it's probably Abigail, Them, and Conspiracy. I've not heard any of the others enough times all the way through to rank them.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 8:26 pm

Can't understand why people do not like The Eye. It is excellent. I would venture to say there is not a bad release from the king. Some better then others, but no bad ones
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:06 pm

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
Can't understand why people do not like The Eye. It is excellent. I would venture to say there is not a bad release from the king. Some better then others, but no bad ones
very true..however, Abigail 2 was a bit of a letdown for me. not only as the sequal to Abigail, but as a follow up to House Of God. it just didn't match up.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:12 pm

Them
The Puppet Master

I think The Puppet Master was one of the top heavy metal albums of 2003, very underrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:13 pm

A close friend of mine told me the DVD for the Puppet Master is scary and twisted. Have not seen it myself. I do want to get his later stuff, I want to complete my collection of older stuff first.

Was the cartoon back in the day of the Priest at the graveyard the original cover for Conspiracy? Anyone know? Can it be bought? or was it never released?
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 4:51 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 am

Although I really like them all, I'd say Fatal Portrait is mine followed closely by Voodoo (although I think this is another one people don't like)
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 10:10 pm

TheHellion wrote:
As much as I love his solo material, my favorite stuff that King Diamond has done is still Mercyful Fate's Melissa. So many great riffs on there.

This is how I feel. Melissa is just amazing!!

ack
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:53 pm

Abigail for me. I dont listen to King anymore BUT Abigail is the only release of his to remain in my collection because it is that good in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 3:06 pm

I don't listen to his stuff anymore, but back when I did, the first three MERCYFUL FATE releases (Mercyful Fate EP, Melissa, Don't Break the Oath) were my favorites. 🤘

I never really got into his solo stuff. I had the first few he did, but they just never did much for me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 10:57 am

Abigail
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 10:14 pm

1. The Puppet Master

2. Fatal Portrait

3. House Of God

4. Abigail

5. Them
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:56 pm

Abigail!!!!! :metal:

Followed by Them, Spider's Lullabye, The Graveyard, and The Eye. The others that I've heard are also good.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:48 am

1. Conspiracy (this is my favorite album from him or Mercyful Fate combined)

2. Them

3. Mercyful Fate - Mellissa (very very good album)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:48 pm

Abigail with The Eye being a close second.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:51 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Abigail

By a long shot!! 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite King Diamond release?   Favorite King Diamond release? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite King Diamond release?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next