Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer

Go down 
+23
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
corplhicks
Hec_The_Wreck
brokentulsa
sovdat
MetalGuy71
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
MoonChild
choosemetal
DakotaRogers
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
thejokeriv
James B.
Thrasher73
mc666
Lari
Boris2008
Witchfinder
ultmetal
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which do you think is the best?
Anthrax - For All Kings
Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Slayer - Repentless
Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Megadeth - Dystopia
Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Vote_lcap51%Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 51% [ 20 ]
They all suck!
Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 3:54 pm

Hec_The_Wreck wrote:
I stopped following these bands in the 80's got sick of Anthrax and Megadeth after their first ones and Slayer up to Reign,these bands just got weak as better bands with more aggression were popping up in the underground,it's all a matter a taste and I like my metal with balls.

Slayer still sound pretty aggressive to me. Having some slower tracks, some groove, & melody doesn't really make them less aggressive to my ears.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 6:10 pm

mc666 wrote:
Hec_The_Wreck wrote:
I stopped following these bands in the 80's got sick of Anthrax and Megadeth after their first ones and Slayer up to Reign,these bands just got weak as better bands with more aggression were popping up in the underground,it's all a matter a taste and I like my metal with balls.

Slayer still sound pretty aggressive to me. Having some slower tracks, some groove, & melody doesn't really make them less aggressive to my ears.

Seriously, Slayer hasn't backed off at all. I'm kind of tired of this blanket assumption that they've mellowed out somehow. Perhaps that can be slightly applied to Deth and Anthrax (although Anthrax never had any balls IMO) but slapping Slayer with it is nonsensical.

On that note, the new Slayer is the heaviest, most memorable, and most intense record of these three. The Anthrax is confused and muddled as hell, and the Megadeth is quite good but has little staying power. Slayer is also the least compromising.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 10:37 pm

Hec_The_Wreck wrote:
I totally agree. Bunch of pathetic jokes they've become. No wonder thrash metal is a dead genre these days.
Back to top Go down
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Haven't heard but maybe 2 songs from the Megadeth and Anthrax albums, and it wasn't something that made me want to just jump up and buy it. As for Slayer...the new album sucked ass.

The big 4 isn't even the big 4 anymore.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:17 pm

i chose Anthrax's For All Kings 'cos i feel it's the better album of the three.

the new Megadeth i found to be good but not as good (just my opinion).

huh...Slayer's Repentless....was not impressed and was never that much impressed with Slayer's past albums after Divine Intervention, seriously though just because Slayer is still agressive does not mean they are still good. also what is up with the mixing?, i swear Paul Bostaph accidentally replaced his drumsticks with chopsticks, that drum snare is f*cking thin (excuse my language, then again we are adults, lol)....also the lyrics are just dumb, i don't know but Tom Araya is trying too hard to sound pissed (i guess that's why Slayer are still agressive then) but is just sounding pretty childish (so what if you hate scene Tom, if you don't like it get the hell out you stupid looking homeless bumb).

sorry if i went on a rant but seriously Slayer are just a shell of what they used to have been.
Back to top Go down
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:19 pm

They should of called that album "Nutless" because Slayer has been nutless for a while. Mediocre songs. Hell Christ Illusion is a better album then the last 2 bombs.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:36 pm

They f*cked up by not retiring with World Painted Blood.

Decent album, but instead of wincing at their lame attempt at edgy lyricism, I was cringing at how painful it must be for Tom to squall out like an enraged mongoloid on songs like "Psychopathy Red."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:11 am

Slayer lost their balls since Hell Awaits. Just a "band" that's cash cowing the name itself. I've heard hundreds of bands that's better than slayer.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:46 am

Painkiller wrote:
Hec_The_Wreck wrote:
I totally agree. Bunch of pathetic jokes they've become. No wonder thrash metal is a dead genre these days.

Thrash isn't dead you just have to dig deeper than the mainstream stuff. You should know that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:52 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Thrash isn't dead you just have to dig deeper than the mainstream stuff. You should know that.
I do dig deeper than the mainstream stuff. Personally, I just can't find that many newer thrash metal bands that impress me. I've heard Lich King, Thrash or Die, Municipal Waste, and so on. Those bands honestly do nothing for me. Vektor is OK, but it's not a band that I'd care to collect.

One of the few that I do dig these days is Deathhammer. I think what separates them from the majority is that they've expanded beyond the generic Exodus worship, and into the realms of black metal and death metal. Not too much, but you can hear elements of those genres. The last two albums were great.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:54 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
Hec_The_Wreck wrote:

i can see where he might say it's dead

you are right it's not completly dead since there are still Thrash Metal bands out there but most of 'em are just meh

to me it's like it's been put back on life support, not awhole lot great thrash that can save it, sadly enough. but this is my opinion and not yours.
Back to top Go down
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:56 am

I enjoy the Retro Thrash, Lich King, etc. But I can definitely see why it has hate. Although I will take that retro thrash, over what the big 4 is doing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 3:00 am

Yeah a lot of the newer bands have stagnated the scene. You either have the Bay Area worship or the crossover stuff. I usually go for bands that may have a unique distinction in their sound. Whether it's in the vocals or the tone.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 11:27 am

With a new Metallica album only a mere years away, we'll be able to end this discussion once and for all.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 11:29 am

I haven't really dug very deeply into the so called "retro thrash" scene (too many bands, not enough $$ for CDs) but I saw Municipal Waste open for Overkill a year or so ago and they were fun as hell.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I haven't really dug very deeply into the so called "retro thrash" scene (too many bands, not enough $$ for CDs)

You're not missing much. I've recently been re-visiting allot of those retro-thrash bands from the last few years (Bonded By Blood, Gama Bomb, Hexen, to name a few) and with a few exceptions, they aren't holding up that well. Too similiar sounding to stand out from the crowd.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 11:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I haven't really dug very deeply into the so called "retro thrash" scene (too many bands, not enough $$ for CDs)

You're not missing much. I've recently been re-visiting allot of those retro-thrash bands from the last few years (Bonded By Blood, Gama Bomb, Hexen, to name a few) and with a few exceptions, they aren't holding up that well. Too similiar sounding to stand out from the crowd.

Yeah, that's the impression I've been gettin'. I have checked out a number of retro-thrashers via YouTube and Spotify and after a track or two they all start to run together.  If you made me a mix of a bunch of these bands I probably wouldn't be able to tell one from another. Laughing very hard

Aside from Municipal Waste, the only retrothrash band I've bothered to buy a CD from was Hatchet, and that was only cuz I got it super cheap. Very Happy It's not a bad disc, but it does tend to go in one ear and out the other.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 11:53 am

I'm sure allot of it has to do with familiarity of the bands we've played ad nauseam, but even without the vocals, you could tell a Slayer song from Anthrax or Testament. You didn't confuse Metallica with Overkill or Death Angel. They all had a distinct sound. Not sure these newer bands could say that.

Maybe if they stuck around for more than an album or 2 or kept a stable line-up long enough develop their own sound, they'd have more staying power.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 8:17 pm

I like some modern thrash but I can't get with the retro cover mosh till mosh nonsense that some of the bands are putting out. But Vektor, Shrapnel, Reek, Mortyr, Ranger, Hypertension and Skeletonwitch have all put out records that I dig. I tend to stay clear of the older bands putting out new stuff as I'm often disappointed (Onslaught being a rare exception)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:53 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I like some modern thrash but I can't get with the retro cover mosh till mosh nonsense that some of the bands are putting out. But Vektor, Shrapnel, Reek, Mortyr, Ranger, Hypertension and Skeletonwitch have all put out records that I dig. I tend to stay clear of the older bands putting out new stuff as I'm often disappointed (Onslaught being a rare exception)

I'd add Vindicator to that list.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:59 pm

I dig on Hatchet, Fueled By Fire, Decadence, and Dekapitator

Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Anthrax. But then again I, like several people here, is biased because they are my fave of the three. However I do think For All Kings is great in any case.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 6:57 pm

James B. wrote:
I dig on Hatchet, Fueled By Fire, Decadence, and Dekapitator

Dekapitator are great but i tend to like their debut more than the follow-up, but the second one isn't ba either.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:28 pm

I love Toxic Holocaust when it comes to Retro Thrash, Joel Grind is a genius. Also Municipal Waste and Havok are intense bands releasing some memorable Thrash.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:38 pm

I've really taken to Vektor. They chose a different band to emulate and just doing that makes them stick out of the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next