Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!

Go down 
+3
Chrome Locust
kmorg
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Empty
PostSubject: Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!   Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Anthrax posted this link on their official FB page today with the comment: "With all our health and legal problems, both bands really have no other choice if we're to carry on."

So the Big Four has now been reduced down to the Big Three! lol! ...Remember what day it is before y'all freak. Hahaha!

Slayer and Anthrax Combine to Form Slanthrax

by Spencer Kaufman April 1, 2013 1:52 PM
Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Slanthrax
As two members of the Big 4 of thrash bands, Slayer and Anthrax each have tremendous followings. But with some recent lineup changes affecting both bands, the two legendary acts have decided to form one singular band known as Slanthrax.

The new outfit’s lineup will consist of Joey Belladonna and Tom Araya on vocals, Kerry King and Scott Ian on guitars, Frank Bello on bass and Charlie Benante on drums.

The six-piece act is expected to announce a monster summer tour, in addition to recording a new album combining their biggest hits. The disc, titled ‘Among the Blood,’ will feature such songs as ‘Caught in the Abyss,’ ‘Antisocial Ensemble’ and ‘Dead Skin Madhouse.’

In their first official statement, Slanthrax explained the union as follows:

While we know many metal purists might balk at the idea of Slayer and Anthrax forming one act, recent circumstances have led the two bands to unite. And the result couldn’t be better! Get ready for some dual action vocals from Joey and Tom to go along with double barrel guitars from Kerry and Scott. See ya in the pit!

No dates have been revealed for the first Slanthrax tour, but it’s rumored they might be playing the Rockstar Mayhem Uproar Slaughter on the Range trek this summer, followed by a headlining performance on the 70,000 Tons of ShipRocked cruise. Fingers crossed!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!   Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:24 pm

\'arry \'eadbanger

mine was better Wink

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!   Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Problem is with Kerry -- he'll want it called SlayIthrax, and being the only member of SlayIr, would make this project a 5 piece. Is Joey aware he will have to handle all the vocal duties on his own as Tom is a construct, like Jeff, and Dave, of Kerry's imagination.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!   Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
Problem is with Kerry -- he'll want it called SlayIthrax, and being the only member of SlayIr, would make this project a 5 piece. Is Joey aware he will have to handle all the vocal duties on his own as Tom is a construct, like Jeff, and Dave, of Kerry's imagination.
Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!   Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chrome Locust wrote:
Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Facepalm

Jeez, dude - get help - its a fun thread, not serious.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!   Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Jon Dette should be the drummer!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!   Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Jon Dette should be the drummer!

No Dette - No Slanthrax! lol!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!   Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:03 pm

Dave Lombardo to replace Lars in Metallica. Very Happy

Slanthrax should be called Gang of Goatees. insane

Testament's frontman Chuck Billy has announced that a new album will be released in April 2014. The working title is Jugular Jazz Attack. Apparently, Chuck said that Alex Skolnick is keen for Testament to adopt progressive rock influences from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, with a jazz flavour to it. Recording is due to start in April 2013.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!   Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Grimmo wrote:
Dave Lombardo to replace Lars in Metallica. Very Happy

Slanthrax should be called Gang of Goatees. insane

Testament's frontman Chuck Billy has announced that a new album will be released in April 2014. The working title is Jugular Jazz Attack. Apparently, Chuck said that Alex Skolnick is keen for Testament to adopt progressive rock influences from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, with a jazz flavour to it. Recording is due to start in April 2013.

Haha, sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!   Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer and Anthrax Combine to form SLANTHRAX!
Page 1 of 1