Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls

Go down 
+10
MoonChild
Witchfinder
Boris2008
Thelemech
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
80s Metal Lady
James B.
14 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Empty
PostSubject: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 10:45 am

Began Tuesday 11-3-15 with "Rocka Rolla" & ended (let's call it today) 3-4-16 with "Redeemer Of Souls".

We looked at 17 studio albums and 1 "live" album, "Unleashed".
Going from September of 1974 to the present, almost 42 years.

Total views-7547
Total replies-507
Total votes- 516

The album with the least views- "Redeemer of Souls" (114)
The album with the most views- "Turbo" (795)
The album with the least replies- "Redeemer of Souls" (9)
The album with the most replies- "Turbo" (57)
The album with the least votes- "Redeemer of Souls" (10)
The album with the most votes- "Sin after Sin" (41)

The winning song getting the most individual votes was "Out In The Cold" (20) from "Turbo". Then "Painkiller" (19) from "Painkiller". The live version of "Victim of Changes" (19) from "Unleashed In The East". "Desert Plains" (16) from "Point of Entry". "Blood Red Skies" (14) from "Ram It Down". The studio version of "Victim of Changes" (14) from "Sad Wings of Destiny". "The Sentinel" (14) from "Defenders of the Faith", "Cathedral Spires" (13) from "Jugulator", "Dissident Aggressor" (12) from "Sin After Sin". "Beyond The Realms Of Death" (12) from "Stained Glass". "Hell Bent For Leather" (10) from "Hell Bent For Leather/Killing Machine", "Screaming For Vengeance" & "Electric Eye" (08) from "Screaming For Vengeance", "Judas Rising" (08) from "Angel of Retribution", "Rapid Fire" & "The Rage" (08) from "British Steel", "Never Satisfied" (08) from "Rocka Rolla", "Nostradamus" (05) from "Nostradamus", "March of the Damned" (04) from  "Redeemer of Souls" and "One on One", "Hell is Home" & "Bloodsuckers" from "Demolition" all got (03) votes.

There you go...useless info headbanger

Last edited by James B. on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed some mistakes, thanks)
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 11:25 am

I wouldn't call it useless. I think it was rather interesting info and cool to see how my votes factored in. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 11:29 am

Thanks for the stats. Got Point of Entry listed instead of British Steel (for "Rapid Fire" & "The Rage").

I was definitely in the majority for a lot of those votes.

I really like your polls. It's nice to cover one band at a time. With so many polls going on now, it's tough for me to keep up when I'm not familiar with all the albums (i.e. Twisted Sister, Fates Warning, Queensryche).
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:05 pm

Yeah it was cool for me cause I finally got to listen to about 6 or 7 Priest albums either for the first time altogether or completely for the first time.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:48 pm

I am down for any polls about Priest; and especially when they come from one of my fave people on the board.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:51 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:

I really like your polls.

Tee-hee!!

Nice job with the stats, James. Thanks for taking the time.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:57 pm

I like the stat summary concept. 

Instead of a bunch of standalone polls it's cool to see them all wrapped up with a tidy bow.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 5:15 pm

Great work and I had a fun time choosing the Priest material that I was familiar with.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:06 pm

James B. wrote:
Yeah it was cool for me cause I finally got to listen to about 6 or 7 Priest albums either for the first time altogether or completely for the first time.

Me too Very Happy

I can't believe that these have been going for over a year! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:12 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
James B. wrote:

Me too Very Happy

They've only been going since November. Here in the states we do month first then day - just to make everything more confusing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:39 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
James B. wrote:

Me too Very Happy

They've only been going since November.  Here in the states we do month first then day - just to make everything more confusing. Laughing

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 9:20 pm

I find it cool that the album and song that got the most attention is generally regarded as their weakest effort. Great work, James.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 10:08 pm

007 wrote:
I wouldn't call it useless. I think it was rather interesting info and cool to see how my votes factored in. \'arry \'eadbanger

headbanger headbanger headbanger Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls 775710
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 10:15 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I find it cool that the album and song that got the most attention is generally regarded as their weakest effort. Great work, James.

I find that odd... Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 10:24 pm

My hats off to you, J-man. Trying to figure out if I want to tally results similarly after the Maiden polls run up. Seems like a good amount of work...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:29 am

Nice job James! As I told you before I didn't get involved in the priest polls cause I don't have much of their material but it's awesome you went through all this trouble tallying it all up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 2:25 am

Where do u find the time to do all this! Good job. Poles are interesting.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:
My hats off to you, J-man. Trying to figure out if I want to tally results similarly after the Maiden polls run up. Seems like a good amount of work...

I spent more time typing up the results than compiling the data.

The stats for the Priest polls were not as cohesive as my stats from the Saxon polls that ended about a year ago.
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t22376-the-story-of-20-polls-on-the-hom-saxon-studio-albums-101?highlight=saxon

It was cool that Detuned began the Maiden polls.(you continuing) "Somewhere In Time" was the last Maiden album I ever heard in it's entirety. So now there is a reason to listen to the rest headbanger Even checking out the FW stuff I ignored due to whatever reason.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Yeah, the polls have certainly increased the activity around here. That's definitely a good thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls   Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tale of the tape....The Priest Polls
Page 1 of 1