Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fav Tribute Album?

Go down 
+12
the sentinel
MoonChild
Thelemech
ultmetal
nevermore
Lari
Wurthless
Boris2008
Witchfinder
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
16 posters

Fav Tribute Album?
Bat Head Soup: Tribute to Ozzy
Fav Tribute Album?  Vote_lcap0%Fav Tribute Album?  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Tributized: Tribute to Def Lep
 0% [ 0 ]
80's Metal Tribute to Van Halen
 0% [ 0 ]
Spin the Bottle: Tribute to Kiss
 0% [ 0 ]
Aerosmithsonian: Tribute to Aerosmith
 0% [ 0 ]
Another Piece of Metal: Tribute to the Scorps
 0% [ 0 ]
Legends of Metal: Tribute to Judas Priest
Fav Tribute Album?  Vote_lcap55%Fav Tribute Album?  Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
A Metal Crusade: Tribute to Saxon
Fav Tribute Album?  Vote_lcap27%Fav Tribute Album?  Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Metallic Assault: Tribute to Metallica
Fav Tribute Album?  Vote_lcap9%Fav Tribute Album?  Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Return of the Mountain King: Tribute to Savatage
Fav Tribute Album?  Vote_lcap9%Fav Tribute Album?  Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Fav Tribute Album?  Empty
PostSubject: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 5:31 pm

I'll jump on the poll parade.

We probably all have some of these. Which is your fav?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 5:52 pm

I don't have any of those. 

My favorite tribute album is "Covered In Black - An Industrial Tribute To AC/DC" featuring bands like Gentorturers, Spahn Ranch, Godflesh and Sister Machine Gun.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 5:53 pm

Legends of Metal: Tribute to Judas Priest
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 6:16 pm

I've never heard any of them.

The only tribute album that I really dig was the Brown Sabbath one that Brownout did.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 6:32 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I've never heard any of them.

The only tribute album that I really dig was the Brown Sabbath one that Brownout did.

Earache's Masters of Misery Sabbath Tribute is really good as well.

I really dig this track from it.

And Sleep's cover of Snowblind was also included there.

I'm not a huge fan of tribute albums either, and I'm not familiar with any listed in the poll. The Holy Dio tribute album is pretty alright from what I remember from it, though.

Angel Dust's rendition of Temple of the King is really cool.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 6:47 pm

There's so may tribute albums, you can't even start listing them all. I have piles of them. And yet I've not heard most of these that are polled here.

Top three of the ones I do have and love are the two Legends of Metal - Tribute to Priest discs that are in the poll, The Music Remains the Same - Tribute to Led Zeppelin, and the Holy Dio one also already mentioned in the thread.

Those are the top three, and after that there's another pile of really good ones.

I didn't vote on the poll, because that'd imply I've heard them all. I can only guess on the quality of some.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 8:18 pm

From this list I'll go with Legends Of Metal: Tribute To Judas Priest. But it isn't my favorite tribute album. I like Holy Dio and A Call To Irons (Iron Maiden tribute) much better.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 8:20 pm

I think I have all of those.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 8:53 pm

Never heard any of those, but then, I'm not really into tribute albums. I think I've only ever owned 2 of them, but no more.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Have not heard any of your selections, and I basically steer clear of tribute albums anyway.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 1:44 am

Legends of Metal: Tribute to Judas Priest - that is only one I have.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:57 am

I own about half of these (and the Dio tribute posted by Wurthless is waiting to be purchased at a local store) as I am a sucker for covers. I chose the Priest tributes b/c there are a ton of artists I like on those and they are done right. I like the tributes/ covers that Deadline put out cuz they got '80's artists to cover ' 80's bands.

Got to find the Saxon and Savatage ones listed. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 10:56 am

I've have (or had) a few of these. I'll throw Saxon and Uncle Sax a bone and vote for A Metal Crusade: Tribute to Saxon.

If memory serves, I think I picked up that disc before I owned any real Saxon albums. I was only vaguely familiar with their output at the time.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 11:16 am

Thanks for the bone, MG. Yeah - I love the Saxon one, if, for at the very least, the reunited Abattoir track!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 12:15 pm

From the albums on this list, I'll go with Legends of Metal: A Tribute to Judas Priest.

Back when that came out I was still young and single, and therefore I still had the disposable income to piss away on import CDs so I held out till I could buy the European version of that one, which was spread out over two separate discs (the U.S. version boiled down the highlights to a single CD).

Naturally I bought the album mainly for the tracks by the "big names" like Overkill, Mercyful Fate, Helloween, etc., but the Euro version introduced me to quite a few bands that I hadn't yet heard (or heard of) like Radakka, Heaven's Gate, Rage, and Blind Guardian. I ended up tracking down albums by all of those bands after hearing them take on the Priest catalog.

Century Media certainly knew how to put together a killer tribute album. As others have already mentioned here, the Holy Dio: A Tribute to the Voice of Metal double-disc comp was another excellent collection which, just like the Priest tribute, intro'd me to a handful of bands I'd never heard before.

Recently I've discovered that I have a weakness for those ultra-cheap, assembly-line tributes that Deadline/Cleopatra farted out during the early '00s, performed by randomly thrown-together casts of out-of-work hair metal dudes. I picked up a whole bunch of those over the past year or so, like Thunderbolt: A Tribute to AC/DC; Leppardmania: A Tribute to Def Leppard; and my personal fave, Humanary Stew: A Tribute to Alice Cooper.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 12:26 pm

I dig the Saxon from the list....

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Get The Led Out! Led Zeppelin Salute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fav Tribute Album?    Fav Tribute Album?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fav Tribute Album?
Page 1 of 1