Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
kmorg
Addy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Empty
PostSubject: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:08 am

From Classicrock.com
Quote :
A lifelong Kiss fan has combined his love for the band and his determination to help beat cancer to create a tribute album which features contributions by members of Guns n’Roses, Whitesnake, Accept and many more.

Rock journalist Mitch Lafon, co-presenter of the Dropping The Needle podcast series, is masterminding the A World With Heroes via a PledgeMusic campaign.

Whitesnake guitarist Doug Aldrich is on board alongside Slaughter axeman Mark Slaughter, Tesla drummer Tory Lucketta, Cinderella bassist Eric Brittingham and axeman Jeff LaBar, Tommy Denander and Gary Fraser.

The most recent additions are Don Dokken and Mark Tornillo of Accept fame, who will contribute their covers of Cold Gin and Spit respectively.

Other tracks include:
Bumblefoot (Guns n’Roses): Detroit Rock City
Doro Pesch: Only You
Rex Brown, Mark Zavon (Kill Devil Hill): Larger Than Life
Terry Ilous (Great White): Forever
Ron Young (Little Caesar): Little Caesar
Phil Lewis (LA Guns): Master And Slave
Chris Van Dahl (ex LA Guns): Hard Luck Woman

Lafon says: “It’s come about because my father-in-law passed away at the hospice in January. I wanted to raise awareness and give back – rock stars certainly help raise awareness.”

the link for this article can be found here http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/kiss-fan-leads-all-star-tribute-album-for-cancer-care/
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:23 am

Some cool choices for covers there.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:29 am

How does Terry Ilous keep getting work?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:45 am

Mark Slaughter is credited as "Slaughter axeman?" Did he switch to guitar since he no-can-do on the vocals anymore? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:53 am

With very few exceptions I loathe tribute albums, with this stellar line up of has beens, this release this did not change the mind
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:59 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
How does Terry Ilous keep getting work?

Rumor has it that he has an extensive collection of photos featuring various music industry big-wigs in compromising positions with farm animals.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:36 am

Did Gene sign-off on this? General question: do you have to get a band's permission to do cover songs or tribute albums?

Quote :
Chris Van Dahl (ex LA Guns): Hard Luck Woman
Wow, what rock did they look under to find him?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Mark Slaughter is credited as "Slaughter axeman?" Did he switch to guitar since he no-can-do on the vocals anymore? Very Happy

Mark is prety much a better guitar player than most of the dudes who played in his band. He plays lead in the pre-VVI/Slaughter band Xcursion from out of Las Vegas.

Last edited by James B. on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 am

Not generally a fan of tribute albums (that KISS MY ASS one was god awful) but there are someinteresting tunes selected for this one. Still doubt I'd get it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:53 pm

007 wrote:
Not generally a fan of tribute albums (that KISS MY ASS one was god awful) but there are someinteresting tunes selected for this one. Still doubt I'd get it.

yeah - that kiss tribute was bad. My favorite tribute was Treasure Seeker - A tribute to the past.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:20 am

I dont think they are seeing any profits from it as the proceeds are going to a good cause. I oughta do something like this, except the proceeds go to the Bail Addy out fund lol! or pay for Addy's Wedding Fund.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Can you see Gene nixing this? Kiss cancels Cancer album...

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:41 pm

I organized a FATES WARNING tribute album years ago. It turned out pretty well. A guy took it over from me and finished it. ICED EARTH were interested but couldn't fit it into their schedule.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:22 am

exact33 wrote:

I wouldn't put anything past that man. Razz

But in all seriousness, does a band (or label or whomever) have to give some sort of approval on tribute/cover albums, regardless if they are for charity or pure profit?

The reason I ask is because Gene in particular seems to be so protective of the KISS brand. Even if he says ok to the music, would he have to approve album artwork and stuff like that if it uses the logo or make-up designs in some form or another?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I wouldn't put anything past that man. Razz

But in all seriousness, does a band (or label or whomever) have to give some sort of approval on tribute/cover albums, regardless if they are for charity or pure profit?

The reason I ask is because Gene in particular seems to be so protective of the KISS brand. Even if he says ok to the music, would he have to approve album artwork and stuff like that if it uses the logo or make-up designs in some form or another?

As long as they pay royalities it should be ok, as long as they don't use the logo and make up in the artwork.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I organized a FATES WARNING tribute album years ago. It turned out pretty well. A guy took it over from me and finished it. ICED EARTH were interested but couldn't fit it into their schedule.

I met the original lead singer of Fates Warning he works at the same company I do I wonder if any of those guys caught word of it. that would be cool I think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album   Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kiss Fan Organizes big name Tribute Album
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: