Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New KISS tribute album

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

New KISS tribute album Empty
PostSubject: New KISS tribute album   New KISS tribute album Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Read about this over at the CMR, went over to CDBay, and thought this sounded good:

Quote :
Made by die hard Kiss fans, Space Bear includes at least one song from each Kiss LP, including the solo records, through Kiss Unmasked. The CD achieves a swagger/stagger guitar sound, rolling bass, swinging drums, and strong vocals that make KISS so endearing to their fans.

The production drills down to the smallest level of detail - even down to the feedback swells on I Stole Your Love (like the live version), the split second guitar drop out before the solo on Hooligan, and Gene’s voice inflections on Two Timer, just to name a few.

Songs like Tomorrow, You Matter to Me, and Mr. Make Believe are given a slightly harder edge, sounding like they came from Rock and Roll Over or Love Gun.

If you are a die hard Kiss fan, you will love this CD. Contact us at spacebear74@aol.com with any comments.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

New KISS tribute album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS tribute album   New KISS tribute album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Meh. Vocalist sounds like a Paul Stanley-alike in the "I Stole Your Love" cover (which is the only thing I thought sounded pretty good), but otherwise I'm not too excited about it. Nothing on there sounds half as cool as the "Kiss My @$$" tribute album, so I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

New KISS tribute album
Page 1 of 1