Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Dio tribute album on the way...

Go down 
+7
Rex
QuothTheRaven
manny
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Another Dio tribute album on the way... Empty
PostSubject: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:35 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141575

Quote :
MANOWAR and Magic Circle Entertainment have decided to honor one of metal's greatest legends with "Magic - A Tribute to Ronnie James Dio", a new CD featuring Magic Circle Music artists and friends performing some of Dio's most inspired work.

"Magic - A Tribute To Ronnie James Dio" track listing:

01. MANOWAR - Heaven And Hell
02. HOLYHELL - Holy Diver (Live In Norway)
03. METALFORCE - The Last In Line
04. MAGIC CIRCLE ALL STAR BAND - Long Live Rock'n Roll
05. AWAKEN - I Speed At Night
06. CROSSWIND - A Light In The Black
07. DEAN CASCIONE - Never More
08. FEINSTEIN - Far Beyond
09. HARLET - Straight Through The Heart
10. JACK STARR'S BURNING STARR - Catch The Rainbow
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:19 am

I think we're gonna see the floodgates opening with these types of tribute albums to the man. And just like anything else, there will be some good, some bad and some that we'll just scratch our heads and wonder "What were they thinking?"

Another Dio tribute album on the way... 170371

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Yep,this was inevitable. I don't think I've heard of any of those bands other than Manowar and Jack Starr's Burning Starr. And you're right,there will be many more to come.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Oh, it's a Joey DeMaio Dio tribute...... PASS!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:05 pm

I like Manowar, put like Kmorg I think I will pass, hopefully BLACK SABBATH will release a live recording from the valuts or piece together their filmed 1980 performance and release it on DVD/Blu Ray
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:11 pm

The only tribute that I care about, is the show Iommi, Butler and Appice, along with another Black Sabbath alumni Glenn Hughes will be performing, also it seems like at this show Iommi hints that will be it for Heaven and Hell/Black Sabbath, unless the original line up reunites, anyway here is his brief statement:

Surviving Heaven & Hell members Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice will play a very special tribute to their fallen bandmate, Ronnie James Dio, at this year's High Voltage festival on July 24th at Victoria Park in London, England. The musicians will be joined by legendary former Deep Purple and Black Sabbath singer Glenn Hughes and Norwegian vocalist Jorn Lande, who sings for power metallers Masterplan and is about to release his own tribute to Ronnie.
Proceeds from this performance will go to the Ronnie James Dio "Stand Up And Shout" Cancer Fund.
Iommi spoke about the upcoming tribute concert during this year's Kawasaki Golden Gods Awards (formerly Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards), which was held Monday night, June 14th at the IndigO2 venue in South London, England.

"This will be the first and only tribute we're doing to Ronnie," Iommi said. "Not that that's wrong, but we feel that it would be really nice to do this for him. And he'd really like that, I know he would. And Glenn Hughes has also been a part of the family for many years — he was a really good friend of Ronnie's; they were very close, and he was very close with us — so we think it would be apt to use Glenn. And Glenn's a great vocalist. And Jorn Lande, of course — I don't know if you're familiar with him, but he's also a very big fan of Ronnie's and a great singer."
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:36 pm

manny wrote:
The only tribute that I care about, is the show Iommi, Butler and Appice, along with another Black Sabbath alumni Glenn Hughes will be performing, also it seems like at this show Iommi hints that will be it for Heaven and Hell/Black Sabbath, unless the original line up reunites, anyway here is his brief statement:

Surviving Heaven & Hell members Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice will play a very special tribute to their fallen bandmate, Ronnie James Dio, at this year's High Voltage festival on July 24th at Victoria Park in London, England. The musicians will be joined by legendary former Deep Purple and Black Sabbath singer Glenn Hughes and Norwegian vocalist Jorn Lande, who sings for power metallers Masterplan and is about to release his own tribute to Ronnie.
Proceeds from this performance will go to the Ronnie James Dio "Stand Up And Shout" Cancer Fund.
Iommi spoke about the upcoming tribute concert during this year's Kawasaki Golden Gods Awards (formerly Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards), which was held Monday night, June 14th at the IndigO2 venue in South London, England.

"This will be the first and only tribute we're doing to Ronnie," Iommi said. "Not that that's wrong, but we feel that it would be really nice to do this for him. And he'd really like that, I know he would. And Glenn Hughes has also been a part of the family for many years — he was a really good friend of Ronnie's; they were very close, and he was very close with us — so we think it would be apt to use Glenn. And Glenn's a great vocalist. And Jorn Lande, of course — I don't know if you're familiar with him, but he's also a very big fan of Ronnie's and a great singer."

That sounds awesome ! Who wouldn't like to be present for that?
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:08 pm

IMO, the only Dio tribute you need is one that was released several years ago, Holy Dio. Great homage to the man and his music. I know there is something to be said for recognizing someone posthumously, but its going to take a lot to top that tribute. I agree with manny, hopefully Black Sabbath will pull some live stuff from the vaults.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:23 pm

According to Dio's fanpage on Facebook, Wendy Dio is NOT happy about this one.

Quote :
Dear Friends and Fans of Ronnie, I have seen lately on Blabbermouth.net a lot of announcements of bands releasing "so-called" Dio Tribute CD's. Please do not be fooled by thinking that they are doing this for the Fund, the money is going in their pockets and not to the Fund. I find this totally disgraceful and upsetting that they are trying to make money off Ronnie's death.- Wendy Dio
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:28 pm

I was just going to put that up
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Hey, did any of you guys get a Dio memorial t-shirt? I'm thinking of buying it, but just curious if the quality is great.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Rex wrote:

Quote :
Dear Friends and Fans of Ronnie, I have seen lately on Blabbermouth.net a lot of announcements of bands releasing "so-called" Dio Tribute CD's. Please do not be fooled by thinking that they are doing this for the Fund, the money is going in their pockets and not to the Fund. I find this totally disgraceful and upsetting that they are trying to make money off Ronnie's death.- Wendy Dio

Same goes for Jorn's album?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:09 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Rex wrote:

Quote :

Same goes for Jorn's album?

I don't think so because from what I understand Jorn's album was in the works well before Dio's death and that Dio knew about it and all that jazz n' stuff.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:07 am

I have no clue who Jorn is, but he is seems to be a fan of Dio, and I doubt very highly he is going to get rich making this album, it sounds like it is more a labour of love than a money making scheme, that and I doubt Ms Dio is referring to him since he will be singing with Black Sabbath during part of their set at their one ( and possibly last) only gig.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:14 am

Yea, it was my understanding that Wendy & Ronnie were both on-board for the Jorn album. It was just bad timing on his part that Ronnie passed away right at the same time Jorn started to market it.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:15 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Hey, did any of you guys get a Dio memorial t-shirt? I'm thinking of buying it, but just curious if the quality is great.
I really want it, it has just been a matter of getting the money together for it
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:05 pm

More controversy for this album! I don't have the link but it's on Blabbermouth.

David Feinstein is saying he is not associated with this release and wants it known that the song "Far Beyond" is a song from the 2004 album Third Wish and the content and intent of the song has nothing to do with Ronnie.

He went on to say the only Dio tribute albums he will ever participate in and endorse are whatever albums that Niji Entertainment and Wendy decide to release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:13 pm

This looks suspect as hell.

Plus, friggin MANOWAR playing Sabbath? sick
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:06 am

Lately, Manowar have been in some trouble. Doesn't surprise me. They suck. Always did. Always will. Phuck Manowar. Hail and kill Demaio.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:52 am

Another Dio tribute album on the way... 78889 I like Manowar, maybe because they are a real life Spinal Tap, but them doing Black Sabbath especially Dio era, I agree with detuned
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:17 am

$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:46 am

manny wrote:
Another Dio tribute album on the way... 78889 I like Manowar, maybe because they are a real life Spinal Tap, but them doing Black Sabbath especially Dio era, I agree with detuned

Comparing Manowar to Spinal Tap is a SERIOUS put down to Spinal Tap...

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
More controversy for this album! I don't have the link but it's on Blabbermouth.

David Feinstein is saying he is not associated with this release and wants it known that the song "Far Beyond" is a song from the 2004 album Third Wish and the content and intent of the song has nothing to do with Ronnie.
Yeah, I was about to ask why is Far Beyond on the album. It's not a Dio track.

I have Third Wish, and it's awesome. Great 70's influenced HEAVY, heavy metal with John West on vox. A bit predictable, but still a good listen.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:09 pm

I bought it when it came out. I think it was a blind buy. It was a new release, had a low price and a really cool cover.

I ended up spinning it maybe a total of two times. I couldn't really get into it but I've been meaning to try it out again for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Dio tribute album on the way...   Another Dio tribute album on the way... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Dio tribute album on the way...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: