Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best 80's POP artist[s]

Go down 
+18
Wurthless
Troublezone
thejokeriv
Red Kitty
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
scottmitchell74
Thelemech
Thrasher73
Citanul
80s Metal Lady
chewie
Lari
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Who did it BEST?
Prince
Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_lcap22%Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Madonna
Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_lcap4%Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Duran Duran
Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_lcap17%Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Bruce Springsteen
Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_lcap0%Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
U2
Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_lcap26%Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
Billy Joel
 4% [ 1 ]
ZZ Top
 4% [ 1 ]
Michael Jackson
Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_lcap13%Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Queen
Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_lcap0%Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hall and Oates
Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_lcap9%Best 80's POP artist[s] Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Best 80's POP artist[s] Empty
PostSubject: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 7:23 pm

I know alot of these artists did much in the 70's and 90's. Don't be so picky. I am talking about the mainstream artists that sold a shitload of albums. Who did it best?
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Daryl Hall is my all-time fav vox. But Prince is GOD-WORTHY, imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 7:31 pm

Prince
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Believe it or not I voted for Duran Duran.

Overall I like Springsteen's output more but I absolutely hated his 80s stuff.  I also love Queen but....(see Springsteen).  Not a big fan of anyone else in the list but I think Duran Duran has at least produced a consistent product.  It doesn't really matter what era you're talking about, you know what you're getting with DD.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Just talking the 80's output, Toho. If I was talking entire discography, my vote might be different. Just 80's.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 7:42 pm

Hence my vote.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:01 pm

got ya. But you are wrong. just saying. haha
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:06 pm

Can't stand Prince.  I don't care what era you're referring to.

Most of the others listed I also either don't like at all or only like the pre-80s stuff.  So I was left with Duran Duran.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:29 pm

As I'm thinking about it, I'll tell you one thing this poll has helped me understand. 

The music you're talking about in this poll is what drove me to Vanderbilt's college radio station and into a lot of alternative or punk bands like Swimming Pool Qs. Hoodoo Gurus, The Del Lords, The Replacements and Flesh For Lulu to name a few. 

I've always wondered how I drifted into bands like that.  Thanks to this poll, now I know.  Smile

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:32 pm

The Rams are still gone, brother.  You need to come to terms with your fear and desires [ie: Flesh for Lulu sucks anus as does Gene loves Jezebel].
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Laughing very hard

I forgot about Gene Love Jezebel.  Yeah, that's where I discovered them too.  And throw in some of the Nashville regulars like Jason and the Scorchers, Webb Wilder and Georgia Satellites.

All in response to the crap that was on the radio at the time.

Now the floodgates are open:

The Godfathers, Del Fuegos, Smithereens, Long Ryders, Rank N File, Guadalcanal Diary, Primitons, and on and on and on.  All bands I found because I refused to listen to mainstream radio in the 80s.

I've actually been compiling a comp of this kind of stuff.

Thanks to this poll I now know what drove me to it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Now that I continue to think about it, this list of 80s choices probably also explains why I was such a mark for hair metal when it came out.  Geez, the artists I liked in the 70s sure blew chunks in the 80s.  Springsteen, Joel, U2, Queen...ugh,...I hate their 80s music.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:05 pm

KC had some cool bands come forth - I believe the Godfathers were from there, right? Maybe the Smithereens? Still love both of those bands, regardless of their origin. BIG FAT BLONDE!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Now that I continue to think about it, this list of 80s choices probably also explains why I was such a mark for hair metal when it came out.  Geez, the artists I liked in the 70s sure blew chunks in the 80s.  Springsteen, Joel, U2, Queen...ugh,...I hate their 80s music.

Yeah, I really wanted to vote for Queen. But it's really between Prince and Michael Jackson.

EDIT: Voted Michael Jackson, because of Batman.

Last edited by Lari on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:07 pm

KC had some cool bands come forth - I believe the Godfathers were from there, right?  Maybe the Smithereens?  Still love both of those bands, regardless of their origin.  BIG FAT BLONDE!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:08 pm

If you are making that comp, don't forget the Fixx and Eddie and the Cruisers. Not to mention Love and Rockets and the Church.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Prince.... yep, Prince.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:14 pm

chewie wrote:
Prince.... yep, Prince.

Always liked you, Chewie. Now I know why!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:30 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
If you are making that comp, don't forget the Fixx and Eddie and the Cruisers.  Not to mention Love and Rockets and the Church.

Yep, I've got all those too. 

I mean I went headlong into "alternative" in the 80s.

Thanks for reminding me about The Fixx.  I probably would have forgotten them.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:36 pm

It's funny because Nashville had a good FM rock station back then.  But suddenly I just couldn't listen to it anymore; too much crap from artists I used to like.  Since I worked 2nd shift doing data entry at the time, I started listening to Vanderbilt's college station from around 7pm when they "took off the chains" and let the kid DJs play whatever the hell they wanted.  And I was baptized into a whole new batch of bands I'd never heard of before.

Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 10:00 pm

If you are making that comp, don't forget the Fixx and Eddie and the Cruisers.  Not to mention Love and Rockets and the Church.

I would've vote for The Fixx if they were on the list.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 10:07 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:

Best 80's POP artist[s] 25679

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 10:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:

Are you, are you yourselves?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 10:26 pm

chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:

Are you, are you yourselves?

I don't know for sure but we are definitely saved by zero; which is pretty close to the number of 80s albums I like by the bands in this poll.

Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 10:51 pm

I went for Duran Duran, although I would have voted for Depeche Mode if they'd been there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best 80's POP artist[s]   Best 80's POP artist[s] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best 80's POP artist[s]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next