Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know any artist's ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Anyone know any artist's ? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know any artist's ?   Anyone know any artist's ? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 7:18 pm

I know Rex is one but he wouldn't be interesed in this i'd imagine,

I am looking for an artist for a Compilation CD that i'm trying to put together, now I'm not looking for a Michael Whelan or anything (unless he's a cheaper version) but someone who can hold their own, preferbly someone with a background in Fantasy / Demonic art.

If anyone knows of anybody who may suit the bill can you contact me and i'll give you my email addy fo them.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any artist's ?   Anyone know any artist's ? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:29 pm

http://www.geoffreyrousselot.com

Tell him Ken (Eyesore) sent you. He's a really cool dude. He'll treat you right. Not sure if he can do fantasy/demonic stuff, though. But you can ask.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any artist's ?   Anyone know any artist's ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 6:42 am

I'm an artist :o Haven't done fantasy stuff in a while, but I just got some new tools I'm itching to try out. Unfortunately, all the examples I have at the moment are a bit dated, most of them being from 2006 / early 2007, but there's still a few good ones in there. A few rather varied examples here done in different mediums. Some are a bit rough around the edges, but like I said, they're old. I'd like to think I've improved since ;P Click the links below to go to the gallery page, where you can do the 'full size' view (I think you have to click download).

Anyone know any artist's ? Freedom_by_Smindas Anyone know any artist's ? Life_Drawing_1_by_Smindas
http://smindas.deviantart.com/art/Freedom-28945646

http://smindas.deviantart.com/art/Life-Drawing-1-59493319

Anyone know any artist's ? Tate_St_Ives_Painting_1_by_Smindas Anyone know any artist's ? Sex___Religion_by_Smindas
http://smindas.deviantart.com/art/Tate-St-Ives-Painting-1-59492544

http://smindas.deviantart.com/art/Sex-Religion-49545378

More at http://smindas.deviantart.com - don't worry if you don't think I'm right for it, I won't take offence.

Last edited by on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any artist's ?   Anyone know any artist's ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:35 am

Thanks Guys,

Eyesore : cheers for the link, Geoffery is an excellent artist,

Smindas : thanks for the interest man, but I'm after more of a Fantasy / Reaper theme similar to what Uwe Jarling does, I've contacted him so I await a reply but who knows.

ps - I love the Deal or no Deal one you did, made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any artist's ?   Anyone know any artist's ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:47 am

No worries mate. I think I have an idea of the kind of thing you're going for after Google Image searching Uwe Jarling. That would be fantastic if you could get that guy, his work is rather spectacular. Feel free to keep in mind for future stuff though ;P

ps - haha cheers.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any artist's ?   Anyone know any artist's ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:13 am

Smindas wrote:
I think I have an idea of the kind of thing you're going for after Google Image searching Uwe Jarling. That would be fantastic if you could get that guy, his work is rather spectacular

Yea but its only a hope, I was in contact with some guys who he has does albums for, so it's fingers crossed, but lord knows what his rates are nowadays, I was amazed to see how good his stuff was on them tutorials that he has up, here was me thinking it was all paints and things, knowing my luck I'll end up with Paddy the plasterer up the road, who'll knock me up a cover some day after redoing an extention on a house.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any artist's ?   Anyone know any artist's ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 1:20 pm

Digital art is not easy. I think I've given up that dream, too. Haha. I'm an artist, and I know I could do a killer job at it, but I pretty much lack the time—and desire to find the time—to get better at it. But I've done some cool things either way.

Geoff put in the time, though. I remember when he was just starting to learn the design stuff. Took him about 9 months to get decent. Now he's pretty badass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any artist's ?   Anyone know any artist's ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 1:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
he's pretty badass!

damn right, some great samples on that site of his, I wrote to him earlier also so we may see what comes of it.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any artist's ?   Anyone know any artist's ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 7:24 pm

Frank Frezetta man that guys is in the fantasy artist hall of fame (if there is such a thing) to bad hes not in the buissness anymore. my favorite fantasy artist ever man

(yeah totally hijacked the thread just to say that)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any artist's ?   Anyone know any artist's ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know any artist's ?
Page 1 of 1