Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:53 am

Orca (1977) - a Jaws rip-off with the titular creature abnormally intelligent and seeking revenge for the death of his mate and unborn pup. There's no festival here that must go on despite the killer creature, just it destroying the local fishing village trying to goad the man responsible (Richard Harris) out to sea to a fight to the death. Also stars a height of her hotness Charlotte Rampling, Will Sampson and a pre-10 Bo Derek. Kind of dumb but not a total waste of my time.

Followed that up with an episode of Bob's Burgers and then the second series premiere of Fear The Walking Dead.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 1:28 pm

I'm watching through Futurama all the way through for the first time. I'm on episode 7.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 12:27 am

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Pee%2BWee
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 2:56 pm

Required Fields wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Pee%2BWee

What did you think of this? I really wanted to like it, but I didn't find it very funny. The jokes fell kinda flat and Paul Rubens doesn't sound like Pee Wee anymore. He can't do the voice.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 6:10 pm

I watched Gotham last night.

This episode made up for some of the lameness of the last few episodes.  Nothing like a little cannibalism to liven things up.  And little Bruce is one step closer to becoming The Batman.

I can't believe with all the comic book geeks on this board I'm apparently the only one who enjoys this show. Sad

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 6:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:

This episode made up for some of the lameness of the last few episodes.  Nothing like a little cannibalism to liven things up.  And little Bruce is one step closer to becoming The Batman.

I can't believe with all the comic book geeks on this board I'm apparently the only one who enjoys this show. Sad

I like it too but tend to lose track and then do massive catch ups.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 6:22 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I like it too but tend to lose track and then do massive catch ups.

Yeah it is one of those shows where if you miss an episode or two you're likely to be lost. Last night's was a good example. I know they do those quick "flashback" things at the beginning but that's hardly sufficient.

I normally hate shows that are that dependent on you seeing every episode in order but in this case I make an exception. I still say it's Jeffrey Combs fault because the first episode I ever saw was late in season 1 and when I saw "The Reanimator" in it I was hooked.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 11:01 pm

Better Call Saul

Wurthless wrote:
I'm watching through Futurama all the way through for the first time. I'm on episode 7.

headbanger You're in for a treat.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 11:45 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Better Call Saul

Wurthless wrote:

headbanger  You're in for a treat.

You're right, it's been killing me. Laughing

I've seen sporadic episodes but it's been years since I've watched it so most of it feels new. It's so well-written, and I realized that I didn't fully appreciate a lot of the humor when I watched it as a pre-teen on Comedy Central.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 6:52 am

"Demons 2" (1986)

In Lamberto Bava's sequel to his '85 Italian gore-fest, those pesky Demons escape out of a horror movie being shown on TV and get loose in a luxury high rise building. Mayhem and gore immediately follow and so do many plot holes and lots of bad acting. Everything about this enjoyably silly splatter flick (the fashions, the soundtrack, etc.) is sooooo '80s that it hurts.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 10:23 am

tohostudios wrote:

It looks interesting enough and it sounds like something I'd enjoy but I just don't have the time to invest in another show.

I'm 2 seasons in on 'The Wire' right now, 2 weeks behind on 'Better Call Saul' and I've got 'Game of Thrones', 'Silicon Valley' and 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" looming around the corner. I haven't been this busy watching tv since "Must See Thursdays on NBC" back in the day. Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 10:34 am

I watched "Gotham" for the first month or two of its first season but then I lost track of it and never got caught up again. It's on Netflix so I've thought about starting over again... but I don't have the attention span for "binge watching.".

It's why I watch so many movies and barely any TV... no major time commitments. Movies have a beginning, a middle, and an end, and then boom, you're free to move on to another one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 10:39 am

When Gotham first premiered I thought the premise of the show was terrible (Commissioner Gordon's early days on Gotham's police force? Pass). However, it appears to be a bit more than that and Toho's (and others) raving has piqued my interest. I probably will start watching it from the beginning on Netflix at some point.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 10:44 am

007 wrote:
When Gotham first premiered I thought the premise of the show was terrible (Commissioner Gordon's early days on Gotham's police force? Pass). However, it appears to be a bit more than that and Toho's (and others) raving has piqued my interest. I probably will start watching it from the beginning on Netflix at some point.

Yea, I had the same opinion when I first heard of it. "It's Batman, but without Batman? No thanks." But I've heard some pretty good word of mouth from folks.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 11:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

It looks interesting enough and it sounds like something I'd enjoy but I just don't have the time to invest in another show.

I'm 2 seasons in on 'The Wire' right now, 2 weeks behind on 'Better Call Saul' and I've got 'Game of Thrones', 'Silicon Valley' and 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" looming around the corner. I haven't been this busy watching tv since "Must See Thursdays on NBC" back in the day. Razz

Me too. I have a queue that I try to stick to when it comes to television. Which means an order of 20 shows I have to complete, one at a time. Gotham is a more recent discovery, so it's pretty low on the list.

Although to be honest, no matter how high quality and addictive latest batch is, I'm pretty burnt out on all things comic book adaptation--and that's coming from a fan of comic books.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Better Call Saul
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 12:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:

Yea, I had the same opinion when I first heard of it. "It's Batman, but without Batman? No thanks." But I've heard some pretty good word of mouth from folks.

I think it's fascinating to see not only how Batman became Batman but also how all the other villain became the villains they did. Recently the development of The Riddler has been real entertaining. Not to mention how Gordon's personality was shaped by his time on the force before he became Commissioner.

Plus it's really gory for a prime time network show.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 1:20 pm

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 9:02 am

"A Time To Die" (1991)

Traci Lords is an L.A. crime scene photographer who snaps a pic of a crooked cop doing something cops shouldn't be doing. For obvious reasons, this makes her and her young son the targets of some very bad people.
Traci can't act (as usual) but she looks great (as usual) and the late Jeff "Kenickie" Conaway was rockin' an absolutely epic mullet at this point in his career, otherwise this is pretty tedious direct to video crime drama nonsense.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Ant-Man
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 1:49 pm

Spider-Man 2. Probably the best of the Maguire movies
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 9:59 am

"Not Of This Earth" (1988)

Campy-on-purpose remake of a '50s sci-fi cheapie about a nurse who's hired to give a mysterious man daily blood transfusions. Eventually she learns that he's actually an alien being who's an advance scout for an invasion. (yikes!!) This flick is mainly notable for the fact that it was Traci Lords' first non-XXX acting role (and also the last time she got naked in front of a camera). She looks dynamite, of course, but the rest of the movie was poop.

"The Phantom" (1996)

A lavish adaptation of the '30s comic strip starring Billy Zane as the purple-clad "Ghost Who Walks" - who's sort of a combination of Tarzan and Batman. Sworn to protect his jungle home from pirates, treasure hunters, and criminals, the Phantom is drawn to '30s New York when a madman steals an ancient artifact with enough power to help him take over the world. A fun, action packed period-piece in the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" vein.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 11:24 am

Star Trek ( season 1 original series)
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 11:25 am

King Kong vs Godzilla (1963) - Toho's first color Godzilla film pitting the monster against the famous giant ape. Despite the rather silly looking ape suit I've always enjoyed this one. It has good monster action,comedy relief in the two intrepid explorers and two Bond girls (from You Only Live Twice).I'd love to see the original unedited Japanese version.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 1:12 pm

Eraserhead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next