Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 10:29 pm

Barney Miller
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 6:40 am

"RoboCop: Dark Justice" (2001)

This was the first of four made-for-cable RoboCop movies that combine into one long story arc called "Prime Directives." Set ten years after the events of the original film, "Dark Justice" finds RoboCop in disrepair and on the brink of becoming obsolete. Meanwhile the Detroit P.D. deals with a new high tech vigilante called "Bone Machine," and the corporate sharks at O.C.P. are still up to their usual dirty business, including a plot to disgrace RoboCop/Murphy's former partner.
"Dark Justice" occasionally looks a little chintzy due to its made-for-TV budget but it was nice to see them bring back the dark/gritty/satiric feel of the original film. There are a few oddities in continuity (most of the cops in this flick don't seem to know that Robo was once officer Alex Murphy, even though practically everyone in the film series called him "Murphy") but overall as a long time Robo-Nerd I enjoyed it and I"m looking forward to checking out the remaining three installments.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Some of the news coverage of the craziness in Dallas. Sad and depressing.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 7:22 pm

ABBA The Movie
Family Feud
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Lately:

Tales From The Darkside (Season 1)
The Adventures Of Merlin (Season 3)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 7:44 am

"RoboCop: Meltdown" (2001)

In chapter two of the "Prime Directives" saga, O.C.P. uses the remains of Murphy's dead partner to create a new and improved RoboCop model...so they no longer need the "original." However, when they send a squad of goons into Old Detroit to "recall" Robo, naturally things don't go exactly as planned.
Meanwhile an ambitious/ruthless young O.C.P. exec's experiments with artificial intelligence have created a new "living" computer system called "Saint," which proves fatal to his rivals on the company's executive board.

I've been enjoying this cheesy made-for-Canadian-TV mini series more than I expected to. This flick improves on the first chapter and sets up some interesting conflicts for Part 3.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 5:16 pm

Rainy Saturday afternoon, perfect for a schlocky double feature...

"Silent Madness" (1984)

A computer error accidentally frees a homicidal maniac from a mental hospital, and he goes right back to the sorority house that was the site of his original crime to pick up where he left off.  You can pretty much figure out the rest.
Pretty standard '80s slasher nonsense, originally released in 3-D. I've seen better but Lord knows I"ve seen worse.

"Electra One" (1967)
TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Con-la-muerte-en-la-espalda-img-33526
Tedious French/Italian/Spanish Eurospy nonsense. An international jewel thief gets mixed up with American, Chinese and Russian spies, when he accidentally comes into possession of a briefcase filled with the antidote to a powerful mind-control drug.
...at least, that's what the description on IMDb says this movie was about. To me, it seemed like 90 minutes of poorly dubbed fistfights and car chases strung together with no plot or story whatsoever.
AVOID.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 12:02 am

still playing catch up with Game of Thrones, I'm on season 5 episode 5 now. and i watched some that 70s show today, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 3:29 pm

"The Decline of Western Civilizaton" (1981)

The first of Penelope Spheeris' documentary trilogy centers on the Los Angeles hardcore punk scene circa 1979-80 and features interviews with and live performances by Black Flag, X, Fear, the Germs, Catholic Discipline and the Circle Jerks.
I've seen the second film in the "Decline" series, "The Metal Years," a bunch of times over the years but never saw the original till today. Comparing the two, it seems like music aside, the punk scene of '80 wasn't all that different from the hair-metal scene in '87 - both were populated by a lot of obnoxious, substance-addled morons with nothing to say.

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Saw yesterday

Straight Outta Compton
Hank Williams Bio Pic (cant remember the name)

Straight outta compton was a very good movie
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Hemlock Grove Season1, episodes 1-3
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Godzilla vs Destroyah

Still trying to figure out how to connect the dots to the leaked images of the Godzilla suit in the upcoming movie.  I thought this one was it but it's not.  "Original" Godzilla dies in this one; he literally melts due to his "radioactive heart" (don't ask).  But his "son" rises from the smoke at the end and looks like a healthy Godzilla to me. 

So I give up on that quest.  Now I need to remember how Godzilla became "super-radioactive" to begin with so I'm backing up one G movie at a time.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 8:02 am

"RoboCop: Resurrection" (2001)

In Part 3 of the "Prime Directives" mini series, RoboCop is rescued and repaired by an underground resistance group - who then enlist him in their fight against a former OCP scientist turned terrorist hacker who's created an "apocalypse virus."  Meanwhile, those pesky corporate OCP suits continue to try to shut RoboCop down, leading to the usual wall-to-wall ultra-violence.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this entire story could've been told in two movies, because much of this third installment feels like padding. Still, I'm going to watch "Crash & Burn" soon to finish out the saga because I'm a loyal Robo-Geek.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 8:51 am

Hemlock Grove Season 1, episode 4
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 5:32 pm

"Our Man in Jamaica" (1965)

Yet another enjoyably cheap "Euro-spy" flick starring an American bit player as a suave secret agent. Larry Pennell (who's best known for playing movie star "Dash Riprock" on "The Beverly Hillbillies") is CIA agent "Zero-Zero-One," who gets sent to the islands to investigate the disappearance of a fellow operative. Along the way he gets in a bunch of fights and car chases, uncovers a massive arms-smuggling ring, and (of course) romances a hot babe. All in a day's work. Instantly forgettable, but fun while it lasted.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 5:48 pm

No baseball tonight and nothing I care to watch on regular TV so I was wondering what I was going to watch.  Thanks Freddy; you and your trashy spy movies got me thinking about what trashy movies I have.  Guess where I landed?

Ilsa:  She-Wolf Of The SS

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 6:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
No baseball tonight and nothing I care to watch on regular TV so I was wondering what I was going to watch.  Thanks Freddy; you and your trashy spy movies got me thinking about what trashy movies I have.  Guess where I landed?

Ilsa:  She-Wolf Of The SS

NICE! That movie is SO wrong on SO many levels...haha

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 7:35 pm

And it was filmed on the sets used by Hogan's Heroes.  That always cracks me up considering how depraved the flick is.  I find myself doing Schultz and Klink voices throughout the movie.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Night Court
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 10:13 am

Hemlock Grove Season 1, episodes 5&6
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 12:39 pm

All In The Family
Barney Miller
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 10:54 am

Hemlock Grove Season 1, episode 7
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 11:32 am

Godzilla vs Space Godzilla

This movie just seems thrown together.  It has everything from the Mothra fairies flying around on tiny Mothras, to Yakuza, to Project T (a project trying to telepathically control Godzilla) to "Little Godzilla" to yet another useless and silly looking manmade robot meant to fight Godzilla.  And the "explanation" for the origin of Space Godzilla is the lamest one yet and is "explained" in two sentences.  It's a shame because the actual FX are pretty good and the creature design for Space Godzilla is cool (at least when he's on the ground, the "flying" parts - not so much). 

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Hulu version of Monday Night Raw
The Vicar Of Dibley
Hell On Wheels
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 9:06 am

Finished off Hemlock Grove Season 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next