Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest

Go down 
+14
Fat Freddy
Glower
Stender
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
thejokeriv
nevermore
the sentinel
Witchfinder
Lari
chewie
James B.
18 posters

"Exciter"
Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Vote_lcap4%Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
"Running Wild"
Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Vote_lcap4%Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
"Sinner"
 4% [ 1 ]
"The Ripper"
 4% [ 1 ]
"The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)"
Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Vote_lcap12%Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
"Diamonds and Rust"
Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Vote_lcap12%Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
"Victim of Changes"
Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Vote_lcap54%Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Vote_rcap
 54% [ 14 ]
"Genocide"
 4% [ 1 ]
"Tyrant"
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Empty
PostSubject: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest 220px-Jpunleashedintheeast

We have all heard the rumors of "is it live or is it Memorex" Laughing very hard
I really don't give a rat's butt dance
The versions on here are pretty much superior to the counterpart on their respective studio albums.

Released-17 September 1979
Recorded-10 and 15 February 1979
Venue-Kosei Nenkin Hall and Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo, Japan
Producer-Judas Priest & Tom Allom
Personnel- Rob Halford – vocals, K. K. Downing – guitar, Glenn Tipton – guitar, Ian Hill – bass guitar, and Les Binks – drums

The Tunes:
"Exciter"
"Running Wild"
"Sinner"  
"The Ripper"
"Diamonds and Rust"  
"Victim of Changes"    
"Genocide"  
"Tyrant"  

The original Japanese release came with a 7" bonus vinyl. I have seen it but never owned it. I believe the songs have been included on recent  re-mastered/reissue of the album ?  They are not included in the poll.

"Rock Forever"  
"Delivering the Goods"  
"Hell Bent for Leather"
"Starbreaker"

This is probably one of my favorite Priest albums and a killer listen on road trips.  I dare somebody not to step on the gas pedal while listening to this. headbanger

"Diamonds and Rust" is killer, as is "Exciter".
My favorite has always been "Victim of Changes"

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Can't I just vote for "all of it"? This was the first JP album I bought even though I think Screaming for Vengeance was out at the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:02 pm

The ultimate Judas Priest album. 10/10.

Victim Of Changes, but could have picked almost any other track. In almost every case, these are the definitive versions of these songs.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:13 pm

I went with Genocide, because it is greatly improved compared to the studio version.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:15 pm

I've never heard this. I am not a big live album fan so it never really interested me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:44 pm

007 wrote:
I've never heard this. I am not a big live album fan so it never really interested me.

Don't you get tired of hearing the same studio version of your favourite song?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:57 pm

The correct answer is all, but I can't pick that so I picked "Victim of Changes."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 9:12 pm

"Victim" is amazing, but I absolutely love Rob's vocals on "Green Manalishi" especially when he climbs the register towards the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 9:12 pm

007 wrote:

When it comes to Priest you're definitely missing out on their best record (in my opinion of course...).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Lari wrote:
007 wrote:

Don't you get tired of hearing the same studio version of your favourite song?

Not at all.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 9:39 pm

Victim Of Changes. Every track is amazing though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 10:36 pm

Victim but every track is killer
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 10:59 pm

I picked Exciter.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 11:22 pm

007 wrote:

I'm the same way for the most part, though there are some live albums I like (i.e. KISS Alive, Iron Maiden's Maiden Japan and Live After Death, etc.). I'll give this one a listen on Spotify since I've read so many good things about it.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 12:48 am

Unleashed in East is "pure brilliance".

I would have easily picked Star Breaker or Delivering the Goods (not ilisted in this poll) or Victim of Changes or Exciter, but I go with Diamonds and Rust.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:35 am

I think I heard this live version before I became familiar with the studio cut. And years before I heard the Fleetwood Mac original.

Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:40 pm

Listened to the album several times and gotta go with Victim. Halford just kicks ass! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:46 pm

I say Sinner
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 12:34 pm

I remember being over a friends house - next morning....it was winter time - he threw this cd on-then he went outside to do something - family oriented - etc -Kicked back on the couch, I remember that I didn't care for the photo - of a young Halford - but the songs, each one, won me over - I'm still not a Priest super-fan, yet, by this time, lets just say I had a few beers - and was feeling good -
Victim Of Changes came on - I was floored - it had all those great Priest elements.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 1:06 pm

The definitive version of "Victim of Changes" is on this album so that gets the nod.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 2:45 pm

I totally forgot about this album.

haven't heard it in ages. will definitely do so tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 12:42 am

God, this is a difficult one. At this moment in time, I think I'm gonna fairly arbitrarily pick The Ripper. Pretty much any track could be "the best" depending on the day asked. As everyone else has pretty much already stated, this album is monumental; untouchable; a masterpiece of metal's formative years.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 6:19 pm

Great album, but after it's all said and done, "Victim of Changes". It blows away the studio version!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Yup, Victim is the winner here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest   Best tune off of "Unleashed In The East" by Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1