Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant

Go down 
+11
Igor
mc666
brontotex
Todd Jaymz
Smindas
DallasBlack
Lurideath
krokus
stormspell
Rex
kmorg
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:26 pm

blackieboy wrote:
I always considered Arch Enemy to be a part of the whole Gothenburg melodeath scene.
dude, PM
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 2:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I've always viewed her as a screamer, not a death metal "singer."

My point is, she has a very limited voice range, like two tones only, so even when she tries to scream it still comes flat out in a guttural vein. In my minds eye I see her voice like a pastry knife cutting all the cherries from the cake (the cake being the music, figuratively speaking). Or maybe I'm wrong and it is just my perception of her voice... I dont know how to explain it better why it rubs me in a wrong way though. Let's say I believe AE music demands more versatile vocalist and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 2:39 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
My only complaint about Angela is that she's a vegan and I don't trust people who don't eat meat. insane

Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant - Page 3 L1048752154

P.S. the slogan says: "The Vegan will come for you"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 3:10 pm

stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I've always viewed her as a screamer, not a death metal "singer."
My point is, she has a very limited voice range, like two tones only, so even when she tries to scream it still comes flat out in a guttural vein. In my minds eye I see her voice like a pastry knife cutting all the cherries from the cake (the cake being the music, figuratively speaking). Or maybe I'm wrong and it is just my perception of her voice... I dont know how to explain it better why it rubs me in a wrong way though. Let's say I believe AE music demands more versatile vocalist and leave it at that.
Well, she's admitted that she can't sing, so she's definitely limited. I don't think she only has two tones, but she's surely not the most dynamic vocalist out there. I think she fits, I think she does well enough, but, no, she's not an outstanding vocalist by any means.

Who knows, though, I like them with her, and when you like something you're far more forgiving. Of course, the flipside is that when you don't like something you're far less forgiving. She's probably not as good as I think and not as bad as you think. Haha.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 3:50 pm

I agree with you. I dont have anything personal against her, its only that I really dig the music but her voice irks me enough so I cannot enjoy it thoroughly.

My hope is for AE to release a karaoke album one day Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 6:42 pm

I always enjoyed Angela's vocals. Perhaps I'm weird here, but they always seemed stellar to me. I don't think I'd like them nearly as much without her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3