Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions

Go down 
+10
candlemass
firestarter
manny
kmorg
mc666
Ben Grimm
shamgar75
Smindas
stormspell
Eyesore
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Empty
PostSubject: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:27 pm

New video:

Me digs! Love this band.

Now, who wants to score me a copy of this magazine?

Quote :
ARCH ENEMY has teamed up with the German edition of Metal Hammer magazine (out now) and Sweden's Close Up Magazine (out May 3) to offer you the perfect appetizer for the upcoming album, "Khaos Legions", which will be in stores later this spring all across Europe. Both magazines are featuring a special ARCH ENEMY CD compilation with the title "Dawn Of Khaos", which includes two exclusive new songs of their upcoming album, "Khaos Legions", a rare KISS cover song, two previously unreleased live tracks and seven classic songs taken from previous ARCH ENEMY albums.

The track listing is as follows:

01. Yesterday Is Dead And Gone (new song)
02. No Gods, No Masters (new song)
03. The Oath (KISS cover)
04. My Apocalypse ("Doomsday Machine", 2005)
05. Nemesis ("Doomsday Machine", 2005)
06. Dead Eyes See No Future ("Tyrants Of The Rising Sun – Live", 2008)
07. We Will Rise ("Anthems Of Rebellion", 2003)
08. Revolution Begins ("Rise Of The Tyrant", 2007)
09. Ravenous ("Wages Of Sin", 2001)
10. Beast Of Man ("The Root Of All Evil", 2009)
11. Dark Insanity (Live From Metal Female Voices Festival, 2010)
12. I Will Live Again (Live From Metal Female Voices Festival, 2010)
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:22 pm

The two-tone chick "singing" KISS cover? You gotta be kidding me... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:30 pm

That 'Yesterday Is Dead And Gone' track got distributed on MP3 a fortnight ago, so I've given it a good few spins already. But I have to say, it's still leaving me a bit cold. It's not bad at all, but it strikes me as a bit phoned in. There's one quite interesting guitar lead and then the rest is generic AE.

I had the same complaint about the last album proper, Rise of the Tyrants. Arch Enemy have streamlined their song-writing and especially their sound to a great extent and it's led to the homogenisation of all their recent material. Rarely do tracks stand out to me anymore, whereas albums like Wages of Sin had their fair share of variation. What I disliked even more was their re-recording of the Johan Liiva era stuff, as it just made all those gritty, slightly Carcass-esque tracks sound squelchy, over-produced and castrated.

Also, Arch Enemy do some weird covers. Most of them don't quite work, but I love this one of Manowar's 'Kill With Power' off the Dead Eyes See No Future EP;

Last edited by Smindas on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:41 pm

stormspell wrote:
The two-tone chick "singing" KISS cover? You gotta be kidding me... Laughing
It's good, actually. It's a bonus track from the previous album. They covered Queensryche then, too, and it was also really good.

I like the Ryche cover better, but I think for such a drastic difference in style from the originals they did a really good job.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Love the new song!

Always enjoy some AE.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:40 pm

I like it I think it is winning!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:15 pm

sounds good to me, but then again i've liked all of their albums.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:00 pm

2 new songs that's eventually end up on the new album? Meh, think I'll wait.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:13 pm

I have only heard the last two albums they released and loved them, reading a book recently I had no idea that had a male vocalist prior to Angela, my understanding is that album is pretty damn good and worth tracking down, I do not remember the title.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:16 pm

manny wrote:
I have only heard the last two albums they released and loved them, reading a book recently I had no idea that had a male vocalist prior to Angela, my understanding is that album is pretty damn good and worth tracking down, I do not remember the title.

Stigmata and Burning Earth. He went on to sing for Hearse.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:11 pm

kmorg wrote:
manny wrote:

Stigmata and Burning Earth. He went on to sing for Hearse.
A very unique kind of voice, though. So don't go in expecting a similar singer.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Johan Liiva's voice certainly takes a bit of getting used to. I remember really disliking it at first, but now there's something about it I'm very fond of. It's weirdly emotive. Hence part of my dislike for Root Of All Evil.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Smindas wrote:
Johan Liiva's voice certainly takes a bit of getting used to. I remember really disliking it at first, but now there's something about it I'm very fond of. It's weirdly emotive. Hence part of my dislike for Root Of All Evil.
Have you ever heard Furbowl?

Heard that song on a compilation back in high school. Holy crap! Blew me away. Still love the contrast of the heaviness and that soulful solo. Such a killer album, too. One of my all-time favorites.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Yeah, Liiva was much better option. Angela is the epitome of one-trick pony. I have hoped that the argument "but she's a hot chick" would have worn by now, but I guess hormones never expire, so she carries on. Sad loss for some, a gain for others I guess...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
firestarter
Metal student
Metal student
firestarter

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:08 am

I think this Gossow bashing gets boring.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:29 am

firestarter wrote:
ditto. I like the way she sounds with the band. doesn't matter what she looks like to me.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 am

mc666 wrote:
firestarter wrote:
ditto. I like the way she sounds with the band. doesn't matter what she looks like to me.
And she sounds like a bazillion other melodeath growlers out there.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:49 am

I don't mind Gossow, she's a tad one-dimensional but decent at what she does. She's an excellent front-woman to boot, but vocally a bit weak live. I've seen Arch Enemy five or so times and each time, they've increasingly had to focus on instrumental interludes just to give Angela a break. I've witnessed far too many drum solos in their sets as a result.

Besides, Angela's never going to be asked to leave the band or anything - she's Michael Ammott's wife!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:02 am

That vocal style has got to be brutal on a woman's throat. They're simply not made for that kind of singing.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:47 pm

mc666 wrote:
firestarter wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 pm

I love Arch Enemy, and consider "Doomsday Machine" one of the best metal lp's ever...but that cover of Queensryche was awful! sick

This is freakin' awesome! headbanger

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:48 am

Eyesore wrote:
That vocal style has got to be brutal on a woman's throat. They're simply not made for that kind of singing.
Possibly, but at a certain point, no one's throat is adapted for that kind of voice. It's not exactly natural, it comes down to practice and technique. Still, you're right, it's probably harder for Angela than most other vocalists.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:30 pm

So what does everyone think about Khaos Legions? I find it to be Arch Enemy on autopilot, but that is way better then so many other Melodic Death metal bands gong emo....

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:36 pm

i think it's very good. the songs & flow of the album is a lot stronger than their last one. the vox are mixed in better too.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9938

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:11 am

Not a big fan of the band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next