Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant

Go down 
+11
Igor
mc666
brontotex
Todd Jaymz
Smindas
DallasBlack
Lurideath
krokus
stormspell
Rex
kmorg
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Empty
PostSubject: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 2:57 pm

Another *solid* album from them! Very Happy

Seriously though. I'm really enjoying this one. They have gone a little "softer", as in melodic, on us, but i've always said they had a lot more in common with Nocturnal Rites, rather then In Flames anyway.

Anyone else heard it yet?

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 2:58 pm

I downloaded it a while back, gave it like two spins and thought it was the best they've done in a while. I haven't grabbed an official copy yet. But it sounded killer to me.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 2:59 pm

If Angela's still the "singer" then I'll pass. I just don't like her vocals.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Yup, and she rips it up!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 3:01 pm

She's a solid singer for sure. lol

or not Laughing
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 3:58 pm

I love it musicwise! Unfortunately for me I absolutely cannot stand this Angela chick - she totally runis it for me angry

Why would someone write such diverse music and then top it off with the most boring one-tone growler is beyond me. From what I heard she is Amott's wife, so that explains why she never gets booted out I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 4:17 pm

sorry
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Listening to this for the 1st time now. I agree that the vocals are bland. Musically, this rips!!! These vocals are horrible.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 4:40 pm

For me her vocals are nowhere near as annoying as most death metal/black metal vocalists so I have no complaint there. I haven't heard any of the new stuff but it looks like I'm going to have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 4:44 pm

Wow, lots of Angela haters. I think her vocals are great - brutal yet with a great tone to them, and work with the music in a sort of juxtapositioned way. Also, they're far better than Arch's old vocalist, Johan Liva (sp).

Anyway, I've heard a few tracks of Rise and I really dig what I know. I will definitely be picking this up soon.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 4:48 pm

I liked Johan Liiva way better. We all have our differences though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 5:34 pm

Angela RULES!!! I can't wait to get my hands on this. She's one of the better death vocalists out there. Better than 90% of that run of the mill dm crap.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Really good release, glad Chris came back!-TJ
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 10:41 pm

I was up pretty close to the stage at Gigantour and her vocals are very heavily electronically enhanced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 10:52 pm

brontotex wrote:
I was up pretty close to the stage at Gigantour and her vocals are very heavily electronically enhanced.
They are. In fact, a lot of male singers benefit from these enhancements, too. Howard from Killswitch Engage comes to mind. With Arch Enemy, though, it's not bugged me since I don't see them live. However, on Anthems Of Rebellion (I think this is the one) you can hear those vocal effects on the album, and I don't like that at all. I'm not concerned with studio "magic" playing out in a recording setting (unless it's a live album, which I hate), but this time it's just too obvious. The rest of the Arch Enemy albums with Angela has her sounding awesome, and natural.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 11:03 pm

Hmmm...I'm looking on Metal-Archives right now. It appears they released a single before this album and they covered Queensryche's "Walking In The Shadows!" Shocked I'll have to look for this tonight, but that just seems scary! Haha. Their cover of "Symphony Of Destruction" was pretty bad.

EDIT: And the Japanese version of this one contains a cover of "The Oath" by Kiss! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 11:43 pm

I like it when singers use vocal effects. If it's done right - it can really enhance the atmosphere. A lot of industrial bands do this and I like it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 1:44 am

Smindas wrote:
Wow, lots of Angela haters. I think her vocals are great - brutal yet with a great tone to them, and work with the music in a sort of juxtapositioned way. Also, they're far better than Arch's old vocalist, Johan Liva (sp).

Anyway, I've heard a few tracks of Rise and I really dig what I know. I will definitely be picking this up soon.
piss on the Angela haters... they just don't like women. 8)

this album is as good if not better than the last 3. Angela does it so much better than Johan could.

Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 1:59 am

For me Johan Liiva was the perfect vox for their music.
When Angela joined the crew, she just spoiled everything. Sad Though she`s a really sexy chick, but nothing more...Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant 927150
The same thing happened to Sinister (Holland) when a girl took vocal duties, the band ruined quickly. Then the guys understood to give the mike to Aad (male).gossip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:06 am

mc666 wrote:
Angela does it so much better than Johan could.
Johan has odd vocals, so I can see where some would not like him. I think Angela sounds better than he did in Arch Enemy, but I love his vocals in Hearse and Nonexist, and especially Furbowl (a killer band!).
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:21 am

mc666 wrote:
piss on the Angela haters... they just don't like women. Cool

Oh, here comes the "she is a hot chick" argument Smile.
Let me tell ya: if I want hot chicks I'd go to a striptease bar, but if I want music I need more than one-tone growler, even if she has blue eyes and boobs greedy it is entirely my opinion tho - maybe she would be great in Cannibal Corpse, but not in AE. AE needs either a blackened screamer, or better yet some powerful clean voice. I wonder what the new album would have sounded if instead of Angela it was sung to say by Kimberly Goss - that would be something I'd buy on the spot!

Hey! I think I invented a new genre: a "striptease metal" Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant 56834

Last edited by on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:24 am

kmorg wrote:
Another *solid* album from them! Very Happy

Seriously though. I'm really enjoying this one. They have gone a little "softer", as in melodic, on us, but i've always said they had a lot more in common with Nocturnal Rites, rather then In Flames anyway.

Anyone else heard it yet?

Maybe the first time I've heard Arch Enemy mentioned in the same breathe as Nocturnal Rites ( at least since the post-death years).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:05 am

Wow! This cover is absolutely killer! I can't believe they pulled this one off.

WALK IN THE SHADOWS (Queensryche)

Outstanding cover! I'm impressed.

Last edited by on Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:36 am

And again, didn't see this coming.

THE OATH (Kiss)

Who covers something from The Elder? That's not something I'd have expected at all! Again, this is a killer cover, though. Both of these blow the "Symphony Of Destruction" cover out of the water.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 4:03 am

The album is Great !!
Angela is Great !!

ARCH ENEMY RULEZ!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant   Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next