Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Within Temptation

Go down 
+7
MetalH
jstate
TheGooch
Wargod
DallasBlack
Olafsto
mc666
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Within Temptation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:56 pm

The album "Enter" isn't all that great, but "Mother Earth," "The Silent Force," and "The Heart of Everything" are all fantastic! I had the privilage to meet Sharon after thier FIRST show ever in the U.S. and she's wonderful and beautiful. Got a pic of me and her, and she signed my CD.

The main trouble with thier CD's is that they are sometimes hard to find for some reason. I had to buy "The Silent Force" and "The Heart of Everything" as imports....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Selvmord wrote:
The album "Enter" isn't all that great, but "Mother Earth," "The Silent Force," and "The Heart of Everything" are all fantastic! I had the privilage to meet Sharon after thier FIRST show ever in the U.S. and she's wonderful and beautiful. Got a pic of me and her, and she signed my CD.

The main trouble with thier CD's is that they are sometimes hard to find for some reason. I had to buy "The Silent Force" and "The Heart of Everything" as imports....

They're not that easy to come by here either for the most part except for Heart Of Everything.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 11:57 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
ghastlylugosi wrote:
I recently got, off Amazon, a double package with "Mother Earth" and "The Silent Force" for $21. The SF doesn't have any bonus material, other than a video, but the ME has 2 bonus studio songs AND 2 live ones. I've been trying to get those albums for a looooong time, but didn't think I should hafta pay like $30 for each one; what a deal! First time I heard them, it was Silent Force, and I thought "eh...", until I listened to it again and I realized that almost every part of every song was hooked into my brain! They have an amazing capacity to write unforgettable songs. Saw them at House of Blues in Chicago last September, and it was the only time I'd seen that venue TOTALLY packed; the crowd really ate them up, and I'll hafta say that they were noticeably better than Nightwish at that venue, as well. Sharon seemed to have much more rapport with the audience than Tarja (go figure!) Can't say I like "The Heart of Everything" as well as the two aforementioned...this seems to have just a bit too much purposeful "american pop" ingredients on it.......but thankfully not enough to actually ruin the album! And I don't really like "Enter" very much, but it is admirable for a first effort.

Sound like a cool deal. Do they have those annoying security features that prvent them from playing on the computer because I hear a lot of their older albums do?

Whats with all this not being able to put it on your computer? I have all their albums and every single one of them I was able to burn it and put it on my ipod. did you try a different computer? I was having a problem like that with some other cds but it was because of the computer i was using.

No, when I was looking through Amazon.com to see which album I wanted to get from them the majority of reviews were talking about Mother Earth having that particular security feature. Now maybe some computers have ways to counter that now. All I know is that I got a CD with that particular security feature and it would not play on my computer so I was turned off from ordering the CD (which, at that time was only availiable in the U.S. as an import). If the ones you got are U.S. releases then they must not have that feature and I will add them to my collection in the feature. And even if they do have it, maybe my Vista will bypass it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:09 pm

The Heart Of Everyting was a good album but I like Mother Earth more. I have had HOE for a while now because I found it at a good price at Wal-Mart. I recently got Mother Earth and like it quite a bit. Beautiful, lightly heavy, and haunting melodies. There was another re-issue I saw but I held off to see how I'd like ME, and when I have the money again I will go out and get it. One thing though, ME is not a good album to listen to while driving (especially when your tired as I found out last night), way too mellow for that, if it wasn't for a heavier song on there I would have missed my exit. My favorite songs are Mother Earth, Ice Queen, Caged, and In Perfect Harmony.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:55 pm

Great band. Love them. Saw them at thier first show in the U.S. ever....

Met Sharon too....

Within Temptation - Page 2 100_1310
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Within Temptation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2