Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Within Temptation

Go down 
+7
MetalH
jstate
TheGooch
Wargod
DallasBlack
Olafsto
mc666
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 11:43 pm

Anyone here into this gothic metal band? I just bought their new album, "The Heart of Everything" and am loving it. It's my introduction to the band - so now I need their previous 3!

What do you think of them?
Back to top Go down

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 12:19 am

blackieboy wrote:
Anyone here into this gothic metal band? I just bought their new album, "The Heart of Everything" and am loving it. It's my introduction to the band - so now I need their previous 3!

What do you think of them?
Great band! Don't listen to those that claim they've gone the Evanescence route on this new album. Yeah, Keith Caputo is an odd choice as a guest vocalist, but this is still not any different than Mother Earth or The Silent Force. The pre-Mother Earth stuff is different, though, more like early After Forever with the female vocals and death metal grunts.

Very good band either way.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 12:33 am

good band, i've enjoyed everything they've done thus far.

btw: Keith Caputo is ok. i always liked LOA.

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 12:38 am

mc666 wrote:
btw: Keith Caputo is ok. i always liked LOA.
Oh, I wasn't talking trash about him. Keith is one of baddest vocalists I've ever heard! I'm always amazed at how such a small dude can have that amazing bellow! His new solo album is complete. I hope they find a label soon. Love his solo stuff.
Back to top Go down

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 4:46 am

I think the duet with Keith is pretty cool. What band is he from? he seems familiar.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 4:59 am

Great band indeed!!
One of those few bands that constantly changes for the better, their last one is GREAT!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 6:43 am

blackieboy wrote:
I think the duet with Keith is pretty cool. What band is he from? he seems familiar.
Life Of Agony

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 11:34 am

The song Mother Earth is an AWESOME song in my opinion. However, I haven't gotten any of their albums yet (except for the new one they're very hard to find around here) I do plan on getting their albums if I can find away around the security measures.

I like to be able to put my CDs onto my computer in case the disc gets damaged, but, particularly on Mother Earth there is feature that does not allow it to play on computer CD players. I know there is a way around it but if done incorrectly it will make the CD unplayable on any CD player.

If the new album does not have this security measure then I will buy it once I'm able (especially if it's not too different from Mother Earth).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 12:33 pm

This new album keeps drawing me back for repeated listens. Loaded with hooks this one is.
Back to top Go down

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 3:12 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
The song Mother Earth is an AWESOME song in my opinion. However, I haven't gotten any of their albums yet (except for the new one they're very hard to find around here) I do plan on getting their albums if I can find away around the security measures.
The new one was distributed by Roadrunner in the US, so it should be easy to find now. Also Enter and The Dance EP was just released (just a distribution deal) with Roadrunner, so you can find those in Best Buy now. I assume Mother Earth and The Silent Force will get the same treatment soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 8:11 pm

Within Temptation IMO is not goth but more melodic metal and Sharon is truely one great singer. I've always loved female vocalists and i have tons of cds that feature female vocalists.
Another fav is from the band Hydrgyn! Helltown is another, After Forever, Skew Siskin, Crystal Viper, Triosphere..............

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 8:56 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Within Temptation IMO is not goth but more melodic metal and Sharon is truely one great singer. I've always loved female vocalists and i have tons of cds that feature female vocalists.
Another fav is from the band Hydrgyn! Helltown is another, After Forever, Skew Siskin, Crystal Viper, Triosphere..............

Wargod48
Within Temptation is not goth, but they are gothic rock/metal in the sense of what that term has become known as these past 10 years or so. For reference that makes sense, but in actuality, of course, it really doesn't.

And Hydrogyn, or like I like to call them, Hydrogiantboobies, is awesome! Helltown is also great. I reviewed them at metalreviews.com, my last review with them, in fact. Flawed, but a great metal album.
Back to top Go down

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 10:55 am

I keep pulling out this Within Temptation album. Anybody else having this same issue? It's hard NOT to listen to this one!!!

🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:10 am

i must admit i am listening to a lot of this symphonic metal at the moment but it is mostly nightwish. i want the new within temptation album but their are other priorities on my list
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:38 pm

With the year winding down and so many other's on my wantlist, if I were to get the new Within Temptation CD it will be sometime next year.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 8:08 am

Roadrunner have reissued mother earth in the Uk for a "special price" probably 7.99 or 6.99
Back to top Go down

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:13 am

DallasBlack wrote:
With the year winding down and so many other's on my wantlist, if I were to get the new Within Temptation CD it will be sometime next year.

Dallas, I'm starting to see your tastes and dude - I really think you'd love the new Within Temptation. It's a bit like After Forever's new one, but about 10X better.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:31 am

On the first listen I kind of thought it seemed a bit derivative. But I kept coming back to it and it really grew on me a lot. One of my current favorites.
Back to top Go down

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:33 am

jstate wrote:
On the first listen I kind of thought it seemed a bit derivative. But I kept coming back to it and it really grew on me a lot. One of my current favorites.

Same here! This is one of those rare albums that when I first got it - I liked it, but thought it sounded a bit 'generic'. Not sure why.

They I gave it a few more spins ... and that was all she wrote. I was hooked.

Now it's easily one of my favorite albums of the year. I would easily rate this one higher than the new After Forever or Epica.
Back to top Go down

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:57 pm

I recently got, off Amazon, a double package with "Mother Earth" and "The Silent Force" for $21. The SF doesn't have any bonus material, other than a video, but the ME has 2 bonus studio songs AND 2 live ones. I've been trying to get those albums for a looooong time, but didn't think I should hafta pay like $30 for each one; what a deal! First time I heard them, it was Silent Force, and I thought "eh...", until I listened to it again and I realized that almost every part of every song was hooked into my brain! They have an amazing capacity to write unforgettable songs. Saw them at House of Blues in Chicago last September, and it was the only time I'd seen that venue TOTALLY packed; the crowd really ate them up, and I'll hafta say that they were noticeably better than Nightwish at that venue, as well. Sharon seemed to have much more rapport with the audience than Tarja (go figure!) Can't say I like "The Heart of Everything" as well as the two aforementioned...this seems to have just a bit too much purposeful "american pop" ingredients on it.......but thankfully not enough to actually ruin the album! And I don't really like "Enter" very much, but it is admirable for a first effort.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:06 am

ghastlylugosi wrote:
I recently got, off Amazon, a double package with "Mother Earth" and "The Silent Force" for $21. The SF doesn't have any bonus material, other than a video, but the ME has 2 bonus studio songs AND 2 live ones. I've been trying to get those albums for a looooong time, but didn't think I should hafta pay like $30 for each one; what a deal! First time I heard them, it was Silent Force, and I thought "eh...", until I listened to it again and I realized that almost every part of every song was hooked into my brain! They have an amazing capacity to write unforgettable songs. Saw them at House of Blues in Chicago last September, and it was the only time I'd seen that venue TOTALLY packed; the crowd really ate them up, and I'll hafta say that they were noticeably better than Nightwish at that venue, as well. Sharon seemed to have much more rapport with the audience than Tarja (go figure!) Can't say I like "The Heart of Everything" as well as the two aforementioned...this seems to have just a bit too much purposeful "american pop" ingredients on it.......but thankfully not enough to actually ruin the album! And I don't really like "Enter" very much, but it is admirable for a first effort.

Sound like a cool deal. Do they have those annoying security features that prvent them from playing on the computer because I hear a lot of their older albums do?
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:42 pm

I keep hearing about them, and a friend told me I should get their new one. I'll have to check it out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:22 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
ghastlylugosi wrote:

Sound like a cool deal. Do they have those annoying security features that prvent them from playing on the computer because I hear a lot of their older albums do?

Whats with all this not being able to put it on your computer? I have all their albums and every single one of them I was able to burn it and put it on my ipod. did you try a different computer? I was having a problem like that with some other cds but it was because of the computer i was using.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:04 pm

Great album! Catchy memerable tunes-TJ
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:07 pm

I think this band gets better with each release. On The Heart Of Everything, I swore there were two different female vocalists until I checked the credits and found it's all the same person.

Mother Earth was okay but a little too much like Kate Bush for my tastes. Then Silent Force blew me away with the full blown choral arrangements.

Heart Of Everything was a grower for me because it wasn's Silent Force II but once I spun it a few times, I really dug it.

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Within Temptation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next