Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated

Go down 
+16
James B.
Boris2008
glassprison
Lurideath
exact33
BearOnUnicycle
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
journeyman
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
GrandNational
MoonChild
stormspell
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
20 posters

Kix - Show Business
Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_lcap9%Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Armored Saint - Revelation
Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_lcap23%Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
Raven - Nothing Exceeds Like Excess
Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_lcap0%Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Accept - Russian Roulette
Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_lcap41%Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_rcap
 41% [ 9 ]
Motley Crue - Generation Swine
Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_lcap0%Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Saxon - Forever Free
Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_lcap5%Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Dokken - Long Way Home
 0% [ 0 ]
Kiss - Hot in the Shade
Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_lcap5%Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Dio - Magica
Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_lcap17%Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Empty
PostSubject: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 9:56 pm

These are albums that I dig, but never get much love and/or attention.  Which do you think is the MOST under-appreciated?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:29 pm

Accept, with Kiss close second, then a rather big gap to the rest
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:32 pm

I think Armored Saint's Revelation is excellent. And I enjoy all KISS albums to a certain degree.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:43 pm

Accept - Russian Roulette
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:45 pm

A.S. and Dio for me. They are albums I purchased right when they came out and were as old-school as 1999/2000 can get.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:55 pm

I like most of the albums listed. But I think the Kix album was really overlooked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 12:01 am

All of those albums are by bands popular enough to get more than enough attention from. Barely at the tip of the iceberg, if you're looking for some seriously overlooked shit.

Here's something that doesn't get a lot of attention, but is otherwise great stuff:
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 1:27 am

Dio for me. I thought that was such a great album. I was lucky enough to see him on that tour and it was amazing and sad at tge same time. Here was the legend Ronnie James Dio promoting what I considered an instant classic and he was performing in fro t of only a few hundred people in a small club. Most amazing though is he played for almost three hours and just kicked some major ass that night. Its too bad he never got around to Magica 2, I'm sure it would have been equally as good.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 8:18 am

Magica is a great Dio album.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 9:22 am

I voted for Accept.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 11:18 am

...of those on the list, I have

Accept (Russian Roulette)
Armored Saint (Revelation)
DIO (Magica)
KISS (Hot In the Shade)

In a landslide victory it would be Armored Saint > DIO > or equal to KISS > Accept. I'm not into concept albums all that much, so Magica has always been tough for me to get into. Hot In the Shade should have been 10 tracks maximum, instead of the 15 and Accept's Russian Roulette just doesn't live up to previous albums, though still enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Always loved Russian Roulette. So its a no-brainer. Its probably my go-to Accept album as I've pretty much heard everything from them hundred times already.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 3:10 pm

none???

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 3:17 pm

Accept
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 6:40 pm

KISS--Hot in the Shade...I don't know why this album is so hated! I really love it despite the weaker tracks.

Kix would be my second choice.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 5:41 am

Russian Roulette is the only one that I've ever owned and it's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 10:04 am

If anybody has ever rode a Harley through the Black Hills, Glacier Park, down US 1, Death Valley, Mississippi River Delta, Grand Canyon, and through Minnesota/Wisconsin. The answer is obviously
"Forever Free" by Saxon

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 4:48 pm

I have been to all of of those places, James.  Just not on a Harley.  But I TOTALLY get the sentiment!!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Out of all that I have:

Accept-Russian Roulette
Armored Saint-Revelation
Dio-Magica
KISS-Hot In the Shade
Raven-Nothing Exceeds Like Excess (my first Raven album)

I go with Dio as it's one of my favorite albums of his.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 9:00 pm

Kix - Show Business - I own it but I don't remember much from it, other than it had lots of songs about fire and balls on it. Also, it sounded not so great in 1995.

Armored Saint - Revelation - This is my pick. The band was finally back and while it wasn't quite the return to form that I had hoped for, it did have many good songs, including a couple that were originally demoed with Dave Pritchard. I'd say this is 8/10.

Raven - Nothing Exceeds Like Excess - Not a bad album, but it was an over-correction on the part of the band from their glam-tinged major label albums. It needed a few slower songs to break up the frenetic pace.

Accept - Russian Roulette - the wrongfully forgotten Udo album. It's got several good songs but it's a step down from Metal Heart. It's miles better than that abomination Eat The Heat. Boo!

Motley Crue - Generation Swine - terrible, horrible, no good album, that sounded awful when it came out and still does to this day. This has no redeeming qualities and it rightfully stiffed and went straight into the delete bins. Flush this turd.

Saxon - Forever Free - Saxon continued their return from mediocrity on this one and it's a solid album with a couple of good tracks. The next album from them was better.

Dokken - Long Way Home - blah. Too mellow. Pass.

Kiss - Hot in the Shade - Sounds like demos because it is demos. Way too many songs and none of them are very good. One of the worst Kiss albums.

Dio - Magica - A couple of good tracks, but those cheesey robot/alien voices ruin the album Also, it's a concept album so it's larded up with many worthless songs. Challis is good though.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 9:25 pm

I really liked Midnight Dynomite by KIX -
Show Business is just like that release -
just put the same photo on it - lol -
" I'm Bombed " is a Rolling Stones typr of groove - so good -
" Fire Balls " - AC/DC would of loved to have written that one -
Ball Baby Ball and 9-1-1 - the first two tunes -classic party time start -
" it's a book, it's a potion, and before I knew , I saw that look in her eyes"
It's a unique take for a song - on chicks !
Guitar riff is killer - blast it - then it suddenly stops !!!

Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:16 pm

Dio - Magica with Armored Saint - Revelation a close second.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated   Underrated/Overlooked/Underappreciated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1