Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls

Go down 
+48
Troublezone
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
metalken
A Handful of Wayne
mikeinfla
metalinmyveins
James B.
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
Citanul
Red Kitty
Thelemech
Boris2008
Vexer6
ultmetal
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
Runicen
Medieval Torture Device
exact33
nevermore
DallasBlack
Rex
Gilbert
journeyman
manny
thejokeriv
the sentinel
John Madden
Dark Horseman
Lari
brokentulsa
glassprison
choosemetal
Shawn Of Fire
bgsully
corplhicks
MoonChild
ZombieHavoc
Infinite
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 10:15 pm

My ears and eyes are highly pleased! Maybe the Best Buy here will have that single deal (this is a small town with a large elderly population). Sounds worth it if so and I do have some birthday money.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 12:30 am

Just pre-ordered the album.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 9:12 am

good song! I am looking forward to this now even more!

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 9:57 am

Love the video.... I don't judge songs via laptop speakers. Mr. D has the right idea....buy it and play with it....make it your own.

Finally something giving me interest in the band again, like John stated, "best Maiden in 30 years"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:20 am

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
The song is not bad but the production blows.  Why the terrible plonking drum sound???

Kevin "tin ears" Shirley strikes again.

The song is pretty good, I especially like the chorus.  

But as for the sound it's what I've come to expect from Shirley:  Muddy guitar sounds with little differentiation between players, extremely narrow stereo spread which makes the band sound like they are playing inside a 10x10 studio apartment, rolled off highs & lows and puzzling boosted mids, dry vocals mixed too loudly, cardboard box drum kits, no sense of space or room sound whatsoever and top it off with a brick-walled DR8 mastering.  In other words a song that sounds like you're playing it on a 1973 AM transistor radio.

However, despite all that I will be buying the new album when it comes out...and then I'll take it, load it into Logic Pro and remaster it to my liking.  Very Happy

S.D, I must really be paying attention to everything you write as it pertains to the nuances of a well produced album versus that of a poorly produced album. I say this, because much of what you wrote I agree with, and I was thinking some of these same exact things before you chimed in. You mentioned that you had reservations regarding Shirley and your feelings regarding him have come to fruition.

You obviously have a very good grasp on the production world, because it's your profession. Unlike most professions, it seems like many of your big name/well known producers get caught up in their own success, so they plateau early and live solely off their early successes. Am I wrong in stating that many producers pigeon hole themselves to the point that their work becomes that recognizable from one album to the next, and when they do change their ways, and do a total 180, it's even worse? Is this confined to the metal world or is this rampant across the music world? Having said this, is there a producer that has surprised you, because their work was so bad from one album to the next album, but then all of a sudden they changed their ways and produced something of a masterpiece?

By the way, I really like the Maiden tune as well, but yes the production is meh...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:42 am

I'll be down by my Best Buy today. I'll check it out and see if they got it. I more interested in the single for the shirt and coupon since there's not anything exclusive to the single music-wise , I believe.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 5:22 pm

Turns out they had one so I snapped it up. That shirt is really sweet looking.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 7:29 pm

My Best Buy didn't have it but I ordered it for store pick-up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 10:31 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Yep - the Best Buy near me had 2 in stock - lol! One for me, one to sell on ebay when they are sold out \m/

I stopped @ a Best Buy while out on an unrelated errand today and looked for it (I was just curious to see what it looks like) but unsurprisingly, since Best Buy sucks, there were none to be found. Oh well, I can wait for the album (shrugs).

Probably was sold out - most Best Buys got 2 or 3 and that was it... judging from the Best Buy/purchase pics on my FB feed yesterday and today, I am guessing most best buys are sold out at this point.....

Dang. I missed this. I'll run out at lunch today, but I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll have any in stock.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 11:52 am

Hey guys, try looking at Best Buy's website and see if you can get it shipped to store. My BB didn't have it but I did that and now have a copy waiting for me to pick up. They may just not have it on the shelves.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 12:06 pm

So what does the shirt look like? Album artwork?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 1:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Yep - the Best Buy near me had 2 in stock - lol! One for me, one to sell on ebay when they are sold out \m/

I stopped @ a Best Buy while out on an unrelated errand today and looked for it (I was just curious to see what it looks like) but unsurprisingly, since Best Buy sucks, there were none to be found. Oh well, I can wait for the album (shrugs).

Probably was sold out - most Best Buys got 2 or 3 and that was it... judging from the Best Buy/purchase pics on my FB feed yesterday and today, I am guessing most best buys are sold out at this point.....

Dang. I missed this. I'll run out at lunch today, but I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll have any in stock.

Don't trust BestBuy.com when they tell you a certain store location has an item "in stock, available today" for pick-up.

F**kers.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 1:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Don't trust BestBuy.com when they tell you a certain store location has an item "in stock, available today" for pick-up.

F**kers.

That's what happened to me. I saw that it was in stock but when I went there they didn't have any. When I got home, I ended up ordering (and paying for it) to be shipped to the store and miraculously it's now there for me to it pick up. It's like they have it hidden in the back and only sell it to you if you pay online.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 3:18 pm

I tried the ship-to-store route and even though there are 2 Best Buys in my immediate area (home & work), the only option is a store way out in the 'burbs. I don't have the time to go way the hell out there for essentially just a t-shirt and $2 coupon. The single isn't all that important to me. Cool, but not essential.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 4:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I tried the ship-to-store route and even though there are 2 Best Buys in my immediate area (home & work), the only option is a store way out in the 'burbs. I don't have the time to go way the hell out there for essentially just a t-shirt and $2 coupon. The single isn't all that important to me. Cool, but not essential.

Understand. Luckily, I have a BB less than 10 minutes away and the ship to store worked for it. Otherwise the nearest BB is at least 20 minutes away from here. My suggestion for the ship to store will not work for everyone, but if they want to try, that option is available.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 4:40 pm

Yea, I'm not going to drive myself crazy over it. It would be cool to have, but I'll make due with the full album in a few weeks. And I have my Trooper Beer logo shirt to keep me metal. headbanger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 4:42 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

I'm assuming that's it...
Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 850596729_tp

I nicked that image from ebay.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 7:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

I'm assuming that's it...
Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 850596729_tp

I nicked that image from ebay.

That's the one. Just got it. In reality because it comes with one song, a $2 coupon, and a $15 price tag, you're basically buying a shirt at a low price (take $1 for the song and the coupon off and you have a $12 shirt).
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 7:35 pm

If you got one be glad you did because they sold out fairly quick and are going for $40-$50 and sometimes more, on ebay.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 2:38 am

Read the review on classic rock mag. Apparently we have a winner.

of course I do need to listen with my own modest ears first.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 12:49 am

Fantastic song. I heard it before coming here and yeah the mix had me frowning a ton, but God what a magnificent rocker. Like Joker said it sounds fresh off of PoM.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 8:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yep - I bought it for the T-Shirt
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 8:19 am

corplhicks wrote:
Fantastic song. I heard it before coming here and yeah the mix had me frowning a ton, but God what a magnificent rocker. Like Joker said it sounds fresh off of PoM.

Great song - already figured out how to play it on guitar lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 6:02 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yep - I bought it for the T-Shirt

Same here. And a nice shirt it is.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 10:48 pm

The song on the album Tears of a clown is going to be dedicated to Robin Williams.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next