Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall

Go down 
+9
Temple of Blood
BearOnUnicycle
Thelemech
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
Lurideath
nevermore
Witchfinder
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Empty
PostSubject: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:28 am

LEATHERWOLF - NEW STUDIO ALBUM IN THE WORKS FEATURING WADE BLACK ON VOCALS; LATE FALL RELEASE EXPECTED

US bashers Leatherwolf have checked in with the following update:

"Geoff Gayer and Carey Howe are well in to the songwriting process of a long awaited LW studio album. Surprisingly, the tracks are very up to date, heavy and in effect very modern sounding metal, I was only privy to three sizzling tracks, all of which where superb masterpieces of real metal, everything you would expect from two absolute guitar hero's. The tracks 'Restless Fate', 'The End', and 'Red, White & Black' were very well written, produced and arranged pre production versions.

Wade Black on vocals, Pat Guyton on bass, Dan Bruette (26 yr old pounder) on drums. More news to come in the near future for this expected late fall release."

Leatherwolf released Unchained Live back in December 2013. Engineered by Michael "Kramarica" Kramer, mixed by producer extraordinaire, Roy Z, and mastered by Tom Baker, the album contains several of the band's biggest classics culled from their first three albums, including the MTV video singles 'The Calling' and 'Hideaway', as well as fan favorite 'Dr. Wicked (Rx O.D.)' from their most recent studio release, New World Asylum. As an additional bonus, the band has re-cut their 1989 instrumental standout, 'Black Knight', which originally appeared on the Street Ready record. The packaging features striking artwork by noted conceptual designer Martin Deschaumbault (Assasin's Creed).

Tracklisting:
'Spiter'
'Kill And Kill Again'
'The Calling'
'Rise Or Fall'
'Dr. Wicked (Rx O.D.)'
'Wicked Ways'
'Hideaway'
'Street Ready'
'Thunder'
'Black Knight' (studio bonus)

Unchained is the first album to feature the lead guitar duo of Rob Math and Greg Erba, who are joined by original members, vocalist/guitarist Michael Olivieri and drummer Dean Roberts, and long-time bassist Patrick Guyton.

http://bravewords.com/news/leatherwolf-new-studio-album-in-the-works-featuring-wade-black-on-vocals-late-fall-release-expected
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:26 am

So Michael Olivieri has left the band? Or are there 2 versions of this band now?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:36 am

nevermore wrote:
So Michael Olivieri has left the band? Or are there 2 versions of this band now?

I guess he left? The last I heard he was still in the band.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:43 am

Could be interesting. I like Wade Black but I never heard World Asylum (or whichever one he sang on).
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:46 am

I think there must be 2 versions because Geoff Fayer and Carey Howe haven't been in the band in a long time and The drummer is quite the control freak.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:50 am

Lurideath wrote:
I think there must be 2 versions because Geoff Fayer and Carey Howe haven't been in the band in a long time and The drummer is quite the control freak.

I think you're right. There's nothing about this new album on their Facebook. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:56 am

I found this on one of their Facebook pages (there are two seperate Facebook pages):

"Leatherwolf: Dean Roberts, Rob Math and Greg Erba don't write any of the LW material. Unlike Michael Olivieri who is an equally big part of LW songwriting like Geoff and Carey, is currently very busy with his solo project. Geoff and Carey support Michael in his endeavor and wish him success."

https://www.facebook.com/LeatherwolfOfficial?fref=ts

The other Facebook is here:  https://www.facebook.com/leatherwolfmetal
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 7:12 pm

Well, well, well.

http://bravewords.com/news/leatherwolf-set-the-record-straight-about-current-line-up-confusion

"LEATHERWOLF SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ABOUT CURRENT LINE-UP CONFUSION

June 1, 2015, 3 hours ago

Long-running California-based triple-axe threat Leatherwolf announced last week that an incarnation of the band featuring former guitarists Geoff Gayer and Carey Howe "are well in to the songwriting process of a long awaited LW studio album, " with Wade Black on vocals, Pat Guyton on bass and Dan Bruette on drums.

BraveWords has just received a statement from the "real" Leatherwolf members Dean Roberts and Michael Olivieri:

"We just wanted to set the record straight regarding a statement/press release that's been put out there announcing a new Leatherwolf studio album featuring former LW members Carey Howe, Geoff Gayer and Wade Black. Whatever Carey, Geoff and Wade are working on - it will NOT be released under the name Leatherwolf! The legal rights to the name Leatherwolf lie with the line-up featuring original band members Dean Roberts and Michael Olivieri that recently performed on the Monsters of Rock cruise and Keep It True festival in Germany.

It is unfortunate that Carey Howe, the main instigator in all this, is trying to wreak havoc and create the false impression that he, Geoff and Wade are back in Leatherwolf, which is not the case. He may have succeeded in hijacking the original Leatherwolf Facebook page and YouTube channel but he will not succeed in hijacking the name Leatherwolf as well.

We ask you to please only consult the official Leatherwolf website and Facebook page for any and all news regarding band activities."

Leatherwolf's last official studio album was 2007's New World Asylum."
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:43 pm

And here we go...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Coming soon: "Geoff Tate's Leatherwolf!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 11:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Geoff Gayer and Carey Howe were insanely good duo, at least on their 2nd and 3rd albums, whoever wrote them. The guitars are fantastic. Would be great if they are able to record something close to their prime.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 2:12 pm

From the last album w/ Wade Black on vocals...

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm

I love the song "Behind the Gun" with Wade on vox but never could get into any of their other songs.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 9:10 pm

I listened to "World Asylum" earlier today and think it's a pretty damn good album. If there are two Leatherwolf line ups I hope they each do a new album.

Anyone know anything about Jeff Martin (Racer X) doing vocals a few years back? I thought I read that somewhere.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 12:19 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I listened to "World Asylum" earlier today and think it's a pretty damn good album. If there are two Leatherwolf line ups I hope they each do a new album.

Anyone know anything about Jeff Martin (Racer X) doing vocals a few years back? I thought I read that somewhere.

He did a demo with them in 2004.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 5:18 am

New tune, new singer

Long running Orange County, CA metal institution, LEATHERWOLF, have announced a new line-up, comprising drummer Dean Roberts, guitarist Geoff Gayer, and bassist Paul Carman, all of whom featured on the band’s classic “Leatherwolf” (‘87) and “Street Ready” (’89) releases, guitarist Rob Math and introducing new frontman, Keith Adamiak. Work on a new studio album is under way with a view toward a tentative spring 2020 release. One of the first songs completed, “The Henchmen”, is streaming on the band’s Facebook page and YouTube now.

"As many of you already know from an earlier Facebook post, we have parted ways with our vocalist Michael Olivieri for a second time. This move became inevitable due to disagreements over the band's musical direction, as well as business and personal issues. Fortunately, we were able to find a promising young vocal talent in Keith Adamiak right in our own OC backyard. Keith has a great metal voice, is 100% dedicated to the cause and full of enthusiasm, and has shown us that he has what it takes for LEATHERWOLF to move into the future with confidence.”

"As we move forward, the new incarnation of LEATHERWOLF will feature the twin guitar duo of Geoff Gayer and Rob Math, along with a third guitar player we will announce when the time comes. The Triple Axe Attack lives on! Paul Carman, who is out in Colorado these days, has also re-joined the fold and will provide rhythm section duties alongside Dean Roberts on the new album. Right now, our main focus is on writing and recording new material. We've had Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, JUDAS PRIEST), who’s been a fan of the band going back to our backyard party days, in the studio with us helping to dial things in. Everybody has been contributing riffs, lyrics, arrangements, melody lines, with 4 songs completed so far. Check out “The Henchmen” to give you an idea what we’ve been up to. Classic early LEATHERWOLF with a twist.”
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 9:16 am

Sounds pretty good, the singer fits right in.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 7:10 am

Great song. I am in.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 2:37 pm

That is great Gayer is back in the band!! I am not a big fan of the band but the band has a lot of talent! Not a fan of the new song but I hope the rest is better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall   Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leatherwolf - New Album Out In Fall
Page 1 of 1