Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halestorm - Into the Wild Life

Go down 
+19
Required Fields
Boris2008
James B.
MetalRob331
tohostudios
thejokeriv
mikeinfla
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
Runicen
corplhicks
Vexer6
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wargod
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 8:12 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
My cousin tried to get me into these guys when I told him of my love for rock and metal. All I found was no metal, very little rock, and sheer mediocrity.

Modern pop-country is pretty accurate.
There is nothing "countrY" here in the least, does this sound country to anyone?

Yup. Just more distortion, like Eyesore said.

Hell, they even performed with Eric Church at the CMT Music Awards and opened on his tour. They're highly embraced in the Country circuit; most my friends who are dedicated to the genre (and we got a lot of 'em in Clovis) love the band.

The one plus I will give them is the lead singer; she does have a great voice.

Jesus! That song's an even worse offender! Haha.

Seriously, that's the kind of stuff they're playing on country radio these days.

Ouch.... That song SCREAMS "I'm waiting all day for Sunday Night!" Is Lizzy Hale going to sing the theme song for Sunday Night Football this season?????

Yep!  That's the FIRST thing I thought too.

It's not horrible IMO but nothing I'd buy either.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 8:25 pm

I don't think the comparison to the Carrie Underwood version of the Sunday Night NFL theme is quite as obvious as the Faith Hill version:

If you can't hear the similarities between this and that "Amen" song by Halestorm I think you must be deaf.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:49 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
I have an intense scathing burning (and probably irrational) hatred for this band.  

And Eyesore, I'm sure you're right. They had outside writers on all their previous albums.

Terrible formulaic band, who seem to get fans because "omg girl singer!"
That's nonsense, they get fans cause they're talented, there are plenty of bands now with female singers.

It is absolutely not nonsense. Comments on various sites seem to indicate that many people are obsessed with her appearance. You can't go through a comment section without someone talking about how hot they think she is.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 3:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I don't think the comparison to the Carrie Underwood version of the Sunday Night NFL theme is quite as obvious as the Faith Hill version:

If you can't hear the similarities between this and that "Amen" song by Halestorm I think you must be deaf.

Absolutely !

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
I have an intense scathing burning (and probably irrational) hatred for this band.  

And Eyesore, I'm sure you're right. They had outside writers on all their previous albums.

That's nonsense, they get fans cause they're talented, there are plenty of bands now with female singers.

It is absolutely not nonsense.  Comments on various sites seem to indicate that many people are obsessed with her appearance. You can't go through a comment section without someone talking about how hot they think she is.

Well, she certainly is easy on the eyes at least.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Great band and a killer live show, but this album left me veryyyyy disappointed! 3/10
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 4:01 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

It is absolutely not nonsense.  Comments on various sites seem to indicate that many people are obsessed with her appearance. You can't go through a comment section without someone talking about how hot they think she is.
That dosen't automatically mean looks are the only reason why the band is popular.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 11:57 am

Can't say anything posted in this thread has changed my stance on this band. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything interesting, although that 'Out to Get Me' cover was pretty bitchin'.

And for those of you that think they aren't trying to push their way into the modern country market, I give you a recent appearance at Sirius XM studios, where they do a cover of 'Girl Crush' by Little Big Town, a modern country act. Enjoy!!

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 10:22 am

I concur on the changing of guitar tones here and there and you'd have some modern country going on. Just like changing a modern country song to have some crunchy guitar and remove the twangy singer.....you have Warrant or Poison. That pretty much is stating the obvious. I would not be surprised if this chick crosses over to the country market. If she is opening in that area already, the writing is on the wall, so to speak. I am really interested in the covers cd by this band and I kinda/sorta dug on that "I get off" tune a few years back. The stuff in this thread that is current is not my thing. I love regurgitated, siphon-filtered, rehashed formulated crappy music, but not by this band. There is plenty out there to not get so infatuated over physical appearance. If the girl had her voice but looked like the chick from the "Tammy" movie, nobody would give a rat's @$$ about her or her band.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 7:45 pm

James B. wrote:
I concur on the changing of guitar tones here and there and you'd have some modern country going on.   Just like changing a modern country song to have some crunchy guitar and remove the twangy singer.....you have Warrant or Poison.  That pretty much is stating the obvious.   I would not be surprised if this chick crosses over to the country market. If she is opening in that area already, the writing is on the wall, so to speak.  I am really interested in the covers cd by this band and I kinda/sorta dug on that "I get off" tune a few years back.  The stuff in this thread that is current is not my thing. I love regurgitated, siphon-filtered, rehashed formulated crappy music, but not by this band.   There is plenty out there to not get so infatuated over physical appearance. If the girl had her voice but looked like the chick from the "Tammy" movie, nobody would give a rat's @$$ about her or her band.  
Sorry but that is complete and utter nonsense, looks aren't the reason they are popular.

BTW, some of us actually do find Melissa McCarthy attractive, so speak for yourself Razz
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 12:30 am

Vexer6 wrote:

Sorry but that is complete and utter nonsense, looks aren't the reason they are popular.

Her voice got them the attention of the people who could market her appearance and sell it to the masses. Talent only goes so far.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 1:36 am

James B. wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Her voice got them the attention of the people who could market her appearance and sell it to the masses.  Talent only goes so far.

You could say the same thing for many 80s bands.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 2:01 am

Vexer6 wrote:

You could say the same thing for many 80s bands.

That is quite obvious...

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 1:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Can't say anything posted in this thread has changed my stance on this band. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything interesting, although that 'Out to Get Me' cover was pretty bitchin'.

And for those of you that think they aren't trying to push their way into the modern country market, I give you a recent appearance at Sirius XM studios, where they do a cover of 'Girl Crush' by Little Big Town, a modern country act. Enjoy!!

Absolutely an amazing cover right there. Instant goosies!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 3:03 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Absolutely an amazing cover right there.  Instant goosies!

Oh, piss off, J-Lo.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 5:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I gotta admit that when I heard this my first reaction wasn't  headbanger

It was 

lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I gotta admit that when I heard this my first reaction wasn't  headbanger

It was 

lol!

I just gave that Halestorm tune a listen to and my wife says , "You're listening to country?" lol!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 11:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

One thing I read about the original is that a lot of modern country stations absolutely refuse to play that song because it "pushes the gay agenda" in their books.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 4:32 pm

2.5 words: Child-Bearing Hips
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 8:35 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
2.5 words:  Child-Bearing Hips

Wait... Where's the .5? Even if I just got a payday out of this, I'm just about sure I got the wrong change. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:43 pm

I'm gonna just say this and move on:

F**k Halestorm lame

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:39 am

I don't mind the pop-country sound, but the songwriting here is not very appealing to me. There are parts of "Amen," "The Reckoning" and "I Like it Heavy" that I start to get into and they go nowhere. I can't see myself ever listening to this album again.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'm gonna just say this and move on:

F**k Halestorm lame

Well tell us how your really feel Shawn. angry

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 11:48 am

Oh boy...

These guys sure do put out allot of covers, don't they?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 3:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Oh boy...

They do them just for fun, I think. This isn't a bad cover, but it's got that super-clean Pro Tools sound. Nothing rings out, nothing feels live, if that makes sense.

She's got a fantastic voice, though. I don't care what anyone says.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 12:02 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Oh boy...

They do them just for fun, I think. This isn't a bad cover, but it's got that super-clean Pro Tools sound. Nothing rings out, nothing feels live, if that makes sense.

She's got a fantastic voice, though. I don't care what anyone says.

Definitely. I like a lot of their cover songs too, if only the production wasn't always so glossy. I can't really get into their original material though. I have tried.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halestorm - Into the Wild Life
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next