Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halestorm. Keep away.

Go down 
+13
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
7thSaviour
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Metallic Blaze
Metal Misfit
Schbopo
JBall_Z
MetalRob331
arttieTHE1manparty
tohostudios
Wargod
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Halestorm. Keep away. Empty
PostSubject: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:18 pm

I was hearing about this female fronted band and hearing comparisons to Lita Ford, Joan Jett and Nancy Wilson so I checked out some samples. Ugh. Reminds me more of Taylor Swift. (My wife listens to country radio, that's how I know.)
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:42 pm

It is horrible!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks for the warnings.

Several people had recommended I check out this band but the samples didn't do anything for me.

Then Target put it on their Featured Artist display and I again picked it up and studied it but just couldn't justify the blind buy.

Glad I passed.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:02 pm

Yeah toho it is horrible!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Thanks again for keeping me from wasting my money.

(Helps me justify the Joanna Dean buy in my mind).

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Personally, I think its pretty good. Modern, to be sure, but certainly not horrible....and not even remotely like Taylor Swift.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 pm

I picked this cd up and its amazing. This is more modern yes but its kick ass rock music with some awesome riffs and great songwriting. This woman is one of the best female vocalists in rock.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:57 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Post band name please? Video doesn't work for me...blocked at work and doesn't work on phone...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:15 pm

It says they're the Pretty Reckless. Never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:18 pm

The Pretty Reckless

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pretty-Reckless/e/B003YFR5L0/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1309882672&sr=1-1

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Thanks...that might work. Kinda like what would happen if Taylor Swift got corrupted by Hinder...haha!!

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Thanks...that might work. Kinda like what would happen if Taylor Swift got corrupted by Hinder...haha!!

sick x2
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

sick x2

Yeah, not my thing either...but I'm just trying to satisfy an inquiry.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Their cover album is pretty badass.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm. Keep away.   Halestorm. Keep away. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halestorm. Keep away.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next