Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...

Go down 
+10
thejokeriv
Vexer6
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
Shawn Of Fire
MetalRob331
mc666
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Eyesore
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Empty
PostSubject: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:15 pm

So Halestorm has a new album on the way. I know some people here dig them.

Stupid video, but I dig the song. The mid-section is kind of annoying. And I used to think the singer was hot, but she reminded me of Tom Keifer at times in this video, and now I feel yucky. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:31 am

I'd like to dig a hole and throw them in. Sorry, that was terrible. You like them, enjoy.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:39 pm

I've never really checked them out. I heard one song off their last release and now this one. I don't think they're terrible but not a band I think I'd listen to a lot.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:58 pm

good rock band. she reminds me a little of Juliette Lewis.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:42 pm

To those who don't like Halestorm, I get it but you can't deny Lzzy Hale has some of the BEST female rock pipes in a damn long time. WOW!! New album smokes and the song ROCK SHOW, I play over 10x a day as that melody just haunts me...

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:15 pm

Hale's voice is killer...

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Hale's voice is killer...

Amazing voice and some of her covers of old HEART songs are incredible...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Lzzy's voice is amazing. Their debut was a good mix of rock, metal and pop rock. I like that EP of covers they did too. I've been looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Lzzy's voice is amazing. Their debut was a good mix of rock, metal and pop rock. I like that EP of covers they did too. I've been looking forward to this one.
Is that the Storm chick from the Rock Star TV show in your avatar? Yum.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Yes. I only know of her existence because the cover of her autobiography caught my eye a few weeks ago. Drop dead gorgeous.

:glee:
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:02 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Yes. I only know of her existence because the cover of her autobiography caught my eye a few weeks ago. Drop dead gorgeous.

:glee:
lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:57 pm

I have the new CD. She does have a good voice, but the riffs and songs just don't do anything for me. It's all that modern rock bar chord strumming. I guess it could be called 'hard rock' but really, it's just modern pop. A voice alone doesn't really do it for me.

I checked out the review at AllMusic.com and they raved about her vocals as well. In different words, they basically say the same thing I said above...
Quote :
On the surface, a band blending driving hard rock with powerful ballads
would seem like a fairly boilerplate proposition in a world already
populated by Shinedown, Three Days Grace, and any number of other
faceless post-grunge acts. Fortunately, Halestorm have their
not-so-secret weapon, singer Lzzy Hale, whose powerful vocals easily set
the band apart from its peers...

I'll give this one more spins and see if it grows on me. I just think this sort of modern radio rock is outside of my taste.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:04 pm

I'd definitely call this one modern rock (not pop), but they've always kind of been that.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:51 am

Eyesore wrote:
I'd definitely call this one modern rock (not pop), but they've always kind of been that.

Yea, Lzzy does kind of set them apart from other bands but there is def some upbeat killer sing along anthems on the album to make me listen a little more then some other albums...
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:29 am

I wouldn't call it "pop" at all, for me pop is artists like Britney Spears and Lady Gaga, I don't see how Halestorm's music is "pop" in any sense, they're just fun hard rock for me, I guess MAYBE i'd call them pop-rock if I was being generous.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:49 am

ultmetal wrote:
I have the new CD. She does have a good voice, but the riffs and songs just don't do anything for me. It's all that modern rock bar chord strumming. I guess it could be called 'hard rock' but really, it's just modern pop. A voice alone doesn't really do it for me.

I checked out the review at AllMusic.com and they raved about her vocals as well. In different words, they basically say the same thing I said above...
Quote :
On the surface, a band blending driving hard rock with powerful ballads
would seem like a fairly boilerplate proposition in a world already
populated by Shinedown, Three Days Grace, and any number of other
faceless post-grunge acts. Fortunately, Halestorm have their
not-so-secret weapon, singer Lzzy Hale, whose powerful vocals easily set
the band apart from its peers...

I'll give this one more spins and see if it grows on me. I just think this sort of modern radio rock is outside of my taste.

I listened to a bit of it, it's the modern day version of pop metal. I will saw that she has an awesome voice!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:44 am

Spun the whole disc again this morning on the way to work. I still think it's modern pop rock. I don't hear any similarities to pop metal. None of the traits of pop metal are there. (no power chords, no real guitar riffs, no guitar solos, etc.)

Anyone remember the Disney movie from a few years ago titled "Freak Friday"? In the movie Lindsay Lohan had a band that played a style of music that is similar to Halestorm.

At times Halestrom also remind me (musically) of Avril Lavigne. I guess that's what I meant by 'pop', not the Britney Spears type of pop.

I'm not using 'pop' as a put-down. It just sounds like the stuff I hear on the radio is all.

Last edited by ultmetal on Wed May 16, 2012 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:48 am

Yeah I do see some similarities between the two, but I still would definitely not call Halestorm "pop" in any sense of the word.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:40 am

Def not pop.. Only thing pop is in some of the melodies...

Scott check out their cover disc if you ever get a chance. might make you think otherwise then.. Songs like Love Bites, Mz. Hyde, Freak Like Me, You Call me a Bitch like its a Bad Thing, are all pretty upbeat rockers.

and my fav cover on the disc Smile

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:40 pm

I like the Heart and Skid Row covers. Very well done. Fantastic vocals.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 5:13 pm

That covers EP is great! I need to get that. I dig the Beatles cover.

I'm gonna spin The Strange Case of... a few more times and see if it doesn't click. It's just outside my normal tastes musically.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 5:19 pm

There are def pop moments on the album like Here's to Us, Break In, In Your Room, but those are ballads. The production gives it that super clean sound as well. The album doesnt have monstrous riffs or wailing solos. It's just basic rock music with an amazing vocalist and some killer melodies Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Added my rough draft review here:
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t18138-halestorm-the-strange-case-of

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:30 am

I think the review is spot on and when you used the word GLEE, I just laughed as the song HERE's TO US was used on the show...

This band will def go more edgy in the future, im sure
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:32 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
This band will def go more edgy in the future, im sure
When does that ever happen?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next