Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halestorm - Into the Wild Life

Go down 
+19
Required Fields
Boris2008
James B.
MetalRob331
tohostudios
thejokeriv
mikeinfla
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
Runicen
corplhicks
Vexer6
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wargod
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Empty
PostSubject: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Did anyone pick up the latest Halestorm release? What do you think?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Wow! Not one taker.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 11:39 pm

I actually like this quite a bit.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 11:41 pm

I never heard anything from their past efforts that interested me enough to check out the new one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 12:37 am

I'm in no rush to get it. From all the singles released, it's extremely formulaic. From what I've heard, it's basically modern pop-country with electric guitars.

Total modern pop-country. My wife listens to that crap, and even she hears it on these tunes. I'd bet my left testicle that they allowed outside songwriters on this album.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 1:06 am

I think it's pretty solid overall, I was surprised to see it getting somewhat negative reviews on Amazon.

modern-pop-county? Seriously? That describes Taylor Swift sure but not Halestorm, they sound nothing at all like that.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 1:21 am

My cousin tried to get me into these guys when I told him of my love for rock and metal. All I found was no metal, very little rock, and sheer mediocrity.

Modern pop-country is pretty accurate.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 1:25 am

corplhicks wrote:
My cousin tried to get me into these guys when I told him of my love for rock and metal. All I found was no metal, very little rock, and sheer mediocrity.

There is nothing "countrY" here in the least, does this sound country to anyone?

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 2:00 am

Vexer6 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

There is nothing "countrY" here in the least, does this sound country to anyone?

Yup. Just more distortion, like Eyesore said.

Hell, they even performed with Eric Church at the CMT Music Awards and opened on his tour. They're highly embraced in the Country circuit; most my friends who are dedicated to the genre (and we got a lot of 'em in Clovis) love the band.

The one plus I will give them is the lead singer; she does have a great voice.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 2:37 am

Interesting, definitely not the band i'd expect to play at the CMTs, I would've thought country fans would hate music like this.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 am

Vexer6 wrote:
modern-pop-county? Seriously?  That describes Taylor Swift sure but not Halestorm, they sound nothing at all like that.

Then you don't listen to much modern country. If you took those two videos I posted above, stripped away the electric guitars for acoustics, you'd have a country hit.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:21 am

corplhicks wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Hell, they even performed with Eric Church at the CMT Music Awards and opened on his tour. They're highly embraced in the Country circuit; most my friends who are dedicated to the genre (and we got a lot of 'em in Clovis) love the band.

Jesus! That song's an even worse offender! Haha.

Seriously, that's the kind of stuff they're playing on country radio these days.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 9:57 am

I can't get behind Halestorm. They hark from my neck of the woods and there was this buzz of, "OMG, WOW! A band from PA got famous." I could only shake my head if THAT was the best this region was capable of.

File Under: Competent But Who Cares?
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
modern-pop-county? Seriously?  That describes Taylor Swift sure but not Halestorm, they sound nothing at all like that.

Then you don't listen to much modern country. If you took those two videos I posted above, stripped away the electric guitars for acoustics, you'd have a country hit.
No i've heard some modern country and I simply do not see the resemblance at all.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 12:23 pm

I have an intense scathing burning (and probably irrational) hatred for this band.  

And Eyesore, I'm sure you're right. They had outside writers on all their previous albums.

Terrible formulaic band, who seem to get fans because "omg girl singer!"
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I have an intense scathing burning (and probably irrational) hatred for this band.  

And Eyesore, I'm sure you're right. They had outside writers on all their previous albums.

Terrible formulaic band, who seem to get fans because "omg girl singer!"
That's nonsense, they get fans cause they're talented, there are plenty of bands now with female singers.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 12:39 pm

Definitely talented, but they were also born from that "manufactured band" kind of thing, with their parents as managers, starting out very young and following trends and such. No, they're not a traditional manufactured band, but their musical upbringing has been similar.

And that's fine. I really like them. I found their live EP in Boston for $2 ages ago and was immediately a fan. I'll get the new album, too, but the singles just haven't made me want it immediately. I can wait.

Last edited by Eyesore on Fri May 01, 2015 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 12:41 pm

I think Lzzy Hale is a killer vocalist. She's got great pipes and reminds me of Pat Benatar. I have their fist album and their covers EP, but I doubt I'll get anything else by them. They're not really my thing. Oddly enough I really like their cover of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance."

Here's her singing "Out To Get Me" live with Slash:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 1:56 pm

That "Amen" song is terrible.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 2:38 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
I think it's pretty solid overall, I was surprised to see it getting somewhat negative reviews on Amazon.

Well, I have to agree with the pop-country description on some of these songs.

I really wanted to like this album. I've spun "Into the Wild" 5 or 6 times all the way through. I was excited about a new album from this band after liking some of the more rocking material on "The Strange Case Of..." However, upon popping this CD into my car player the first time, what came out the speakers was not the hard rock I was expecting. Despite having one of the best voices in hard rock, Lizzy's new release is the definition of overproduced, generic, modern radio-rock/pop. Add a bit of steel guitar to "Dear Daughter" and this song would fit in perfectly with all the pop-country artists such as Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and Miranda Lambert. "What Sober Couldn't Say" would fit perfectly on pop-country radio as it is. In fact, my wife listens to pop-country and I played her "Dear Daughter" and a few other tracks and she loved it. I played her some older Halestorm and she didn't care for it.

"Scream" sounds more like something Katy Perry would record than a real hard rock or heavy metal band. Even rockers like "Mayhem" and "Apocalyptic" sound like Nickelback-grade commercial rock, even if Lizzy herself gives great vocal performances.

Oh and don't get me started on that "I Like it Heavy" song. Sheesh! Talk about an oxymoron of a song.

This is one serious disappointment for sure. I can see why it's getting so many negative reviews.

Last edited by ultmetal on Fri May 01, 2015 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Definitely disagree there, I don't see any resemblance to Katy Perry whatsoever, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 3:56 pm

This band simply suxx.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 9:10 am

I honestly don't know much about them but a friend at work that nows I like 80's rock played these for me and I thought they were pretty good.

And I like their version of Out Ta Get Me posted above.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 4:14 pm

This lends itself better to what I was saying about some of the songs being pop-country with electric guitars.

Aside from that, am I really the only one that thinks she looks like Tom Kiefer's daughter? Watch her face, particularly her mouth, while she sings this song. Kiefer makes the exact same facial expressions/movements when he sings.

I thought this before she started showing up at his shows and singing duets. That only made me think she's his daughter even more. His secret lovechild from the 80s. Haha.

I laugh, but I'm serious.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 9:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Jesus! That song's an even worse offender! Haha.

Seriously, that's the kind of stuff they're playing on country radio these days.

Ouch.... That song SCREAMS "I'm waiting all day for Sunday Night!" Is Lizzy Hale going to sing the theme song for Sunday Night Football this season?????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - Into the Wild Life   Halestorm - Into the Wild Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halestorm - Into the Wild Life
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next