Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just had a wild storm here..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Just had a wild storm here.. Empty
PostSubject: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Got the east end of hurricane Gustav here. I wonder what it mifght be like in Louisiana. It doesn't seem that bad on the news, and you know they'd be hyping it up, even if it was a little bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:54 pm

Yeah I feel so bad for Louisiana. I saw the outer bands were coming your way and thought about ya. Hopefully everything is OK up there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:58 pm

Some of my friends called me and they're at the beach. Not that bad here. Big waves is all.

Looks to me that it's not that bad either in NOLA.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:18 pm

I'm watching a college FB game right now (Fresno State at Rutgers) and they have been discussing Hurricane Gustav. It's been downgraded now to a category 1 according to the announcers on ESPN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:44 pm

Yeah, it was a wuss. CNN was still acting like it was the second coming of Katrina.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:11 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Yeah, it was a wuss. CNN was still acting like it was the second coming of Katrina.

I saw that, the Weather Channel kept making it sound as if New Orleans would be unliveable after it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:13 pm

If the media doesn't build it up, then people don't evacuate, end up being trapped and smurfette that the govt didn't warn them.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:15 pm

True, I remember that Y2K crap. People are so gullible.

When that happened, at the party I was at, I threw the circut breaker at midnight just for kicks. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:
If the media doesn't build it up, then people don't evacuate, end up being trapped and smurfette that the govt didn't warn them.

They built Katrina up. They didn't leave. I'e never left for a storm. People get stuck on the Interstate in a McDonalds when they do that too late.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:22 pm

I lived in Hollywood for a few years, and I never remember a storm ever being as bad as they claimed it would be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:26 pm

I've seen 3 really bad ones and one I was out of town for. It took me days to get a hold of my family back home. I think i'd rather be there. Hollywood ain't the Gulf Coast, bro. This is Hurricane Alley.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:28 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
I've seen 3 really bad ones and one I was out of town for. It took me days to get a hold of my family back home. I think i'd rather be there. Hollywood ain't the Gulf Coast, bro. This is Hurricane Alley.

Very true, I think Andrew was the worst one I saw though. We had an alligator in the friggin pool. Ive been to the Gulf Coast WHEN it was storming and you guys catch an assload of it over there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 pm

I think Andrew was one of the worst, right after Katrina I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:34 pm

I live in Polk County. Charlie, Francis, and Jeanne all hit our County in '04. That really sucked ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:36 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I live in Polk County. Charlie, Francis, and Jeanne all hit our County in '04. That really sucked ass.

Yeah, that was a weird summer and fall. My buddy called me from Boca. A storm was coming and he still didn't have a roof from the last storm.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:59 pm

It just started here in NW Louisiana, I'm ready bring it on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just had a wild storm here..   Just had a wild storm here.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just had a wild storm here..
Page 1 of 1