Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song?

Go down 
+12
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
TheGreatDuck
A Handful of Wayne
Thelemech
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
Temple of Blood
tohostudios
Witchfinder
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song?   Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 9:23 am

Since we're still on the subject of disco-rock, wasnt there a dance mix of Def Leppard's "Excitable"? I seem to remember hearing about that back in the day, and the song itself DOES have kind of a dance-pop vibe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song?   Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:38 am

A lot of once-reputable NWOBHM bands wimped out.

Who would've thought that Cloven Hoof would become an alternative rock band? I was deceived by their 1980s catalog to call them heavy metal or power metal.

Another prime example of this travesty is Tygers of Pan Tang, but they were never THAT hard to begin with. Crazy Nights has its moments, but the AOR direction really took full force with The Cage. You're allowed to like them for what they are, but don't you dare call them metal or even hard rock.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song?   Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:43 am

As for Cloven Hoof their latest album fits squarely into the heavy/power metal category. It is underwhelming when compared to say "Sultan's Ransom" but I would never say it's not metal. The vocals in particular are not that great but metal it is.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song?   Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Wow, that Diamond Head disco song sounds actually pretty good. It has this nice summery city nightlife atmosphere to it.

Great basslines and nice moody guitar playing.

It's definitely a song for another band but for what it is, it really isn't that bad at all. In fact I kinda can't stop listening to it. It has some of the same charm as, like, Don Henley's Boys of Summer. Gives me a warm feeling.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song?   Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 5:26 pm

Painkiller wrote:
A lot of once-reputable NWOBHM bands wimped out.

Another prime example of this travesty is Tygers of Pan Tang, but they were never THAT hard to begin with. Crazy Nights has its moments, but the AOR direction really took full force with The Cage. You're allowed to like them for what they are, but don't you dare call them metal or even hard rock.

Tygers of Pan Tang are both metal and hard rock simultaneously Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song? - Page 3 499945 

All this wimping out nonsense is for spotty teenagers who have too much testosterone and nothing to do with it lol!  Music is music and it's either good or it isn't.

Thanks for 'allowing' me to like  what I like, it comes as a huge relief that I have your approval.  Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song?   Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:24 pm

Zdan wrote:
As for Cloven Hoof their latest album fits squarely into the heavy/power metal category. It is underwhelming when compared to say "Sultan's Ransom" but I would never say it's not metal. The vocals in particular are not that great but metal it is.
I was thinking more about that awful song that they did with a guy by the name of Ash Cooper. I'm sure the latest album has metal elements to it, but likely generic.
Boris2008 wrote:
Tygers of Pan Tang are both metal and hard rock simultaneously Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song? - Page 3 499945 

All this wimping out nonsense is for spotty teenagers who have too much testosterone and nothing to do with it lol!  Music is music and it's either good or it isn't.

Thanks for 'allowing' me to like  what I like, it comes as a huge relief that I have your approval.  Laughing very hard
I never said their first two or three albums aren't metal, but I thought that many other NWOBHM bands sounded a lot heavier than they did. Bringing in John Sykes made them sound more hard rock.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song?   Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:34 pm

That one song was truly an abomination in their discography. Their new album with Joseph Whelan on guitar/vocals is metal from start to finish. It's nothing to write home about and does not hold a candle to their earlier output but it is listenable and there are some good riffs here and there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song?   Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanna hear a disco Diamond Head song?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3