Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diamond Head to tour the US

Go down 
+2
metalinmyveins
manny
6 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Diamond Head to tour the US Empty
PostSubject: Diamond Head to tour the US   Diamond Head to tour the US Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:14 am

I was surprised they never toured the States:

The Paramour Group is proud to announce the first ever U.S. Diamond Head Tour.

For the first time in their 35 year history the legendary band will be making their way state side for a tour.

Prior to this tour, Diamond Head's only previous U.S. appearance was at the NJ Metal Fest in 2002 for a sold out show with Saxon and Witchfynde.

Now for the first time ever, Diamond Head’s fans, and fans of the Big 4, will get the opportunity to see the band that mentored them.

Diamond Head U.S. Tour Dates are as follows:

M 8/15 Seattle, WA El Corazon
T 8/16 Portland, OR Aladdin Theatre
W 8/17 San Francisco, CA Elbo Room
Th 8/18 Santa, Ana, CA The Galaxy Theater
F 8/19 Tempe, AZ The Club House
S 8/20 Ramona, CA Ramona’s Main Stage
Su 8/21 Las Vegas, NV The Bunkhouse
T 8/23 Kansas City, MO Knuckleheads
W 8/24 St. Paul, MN Station 4
Th 8/25 Wisconsin Rapids, WI The Pour House
F 8/26 Detroit, MI Blondies
S 8/27 Chicago, IL Tailgaters
SU 8/28 Milwaukee, WI Shank Hall
M 8/29 Dayton, OH McGuffy’s House of Rock
T 8/30 Pittsburg, PA Club Diesel
W 8/31 Baltimore, MD The Otto Bar
Th 9/1 NYC, NY BB Kings

Additional Tour Dates:

S 7/2 Derby, UK The Redemption Club
W 7/6 Wolverhampton, UK The Slade Rooms
F 7/8 Knebworth, UK, Sonisphere Festival w/Big 4
S 7/9 Amneville, France Sonisphere Festival w/Big 4
S 7/23 Toronto, Canada HVY TO Festival w/Motorhead/Megadeth
SU 7/24 Montreal, Canada HVY MTL Festival w/Mortorhead/KISS
S 9/17 Istanbul, Turkey Masters of Sound/Living Legends Festival

For those of you who may have seen advertized dates, or purchased tickets, for the US NWOBHM Tour Featuring Diamond Head, Girlschool, Al Atkins Holy Rage, and Hydrogyn, we apologize for the change in lineup. It has always been our intention to tour with our fellow NWOBHM mates, but sadly it turned out to not be financially feasible at this time.

It is going to be an exciting, and busy, year for the band. It is also a year of firsts for them. Their first appearance ever with the Big 4, the artists who they had a major influence on, at the Sonisphere Festivals in the UK, and France, then heading off to their first performances in Canada, performing with Motorhead, and Megadeth at the Heavy TO Festival in Toronto, followed by a performance with Girlschool, Motorhead, and KISS, at the Heavy Metal Festival in Montreal, followed by their first US Tour, with a stop in Istanbul, Turkey in the September, which will also be another first for them.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head to tour the US   Diamond Head to tour the US Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:53 am

Very interesting. I was just looking up some boots for this band. I see that they're playing at the legendary Shank Hall in Milwaukee. Why is that place legendary? Because that is one of the places that Spinal Tap played in "This is Spinal Tap". The old venue has been torn down, but the new one that exists has a "Tiny" Laughing very hard Stonehenge as its logo! I can't get over that this will be the first tour of the U.S for this band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head to tour the US   Diamond Head to tour the US Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:01 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Very interesting. I was just looking up some boots for this band. I see that they're playing at the legendary Shank Hall in Milwaukee. Why is that place legendary? Because that is one of the places that Spinal Tap played in "This is Spinal Tap". The old venue has been torn down, but the new one that exists has a "Tiny" Diamond Head to tour the US 201269 Stonehenge as its logo! I can't get over that this will be the first tour of the U.S for this band.

I hope Diamond Head gets top billing over the puppet show that night.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head to tour the US   Diamond Head to tour the US Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:14 pm

That's pretty cool, have to try to make it to the PA show
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head to tour the US   Diamond Head to tour the US Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Very interesting. I was just looking up some boots for this band. I see that they're playing at the legendary Shank Hall in Milwaukee. Why is that place legendary? Because that is one of the places that Spinal Tap played in "This is Spinal Tap". The old venue has been torn down, but the new one that exists has a "Tiny" Diamond Head to tour the US 201269 Stonehenge as its logo! I can't get over that this will be the first tour of the U.S for this band.

I hope Diamond Head gets top billing over the puppet show that night.

Laughing very hard The puppet show at the Air Force base w/all the old codgers in attendance!

The Shank Hall scene, if my memory serves me correctly was when Spinal Tap was shown the album cover for "Smell of the Glove". They were sound checking at Shank Hall. I've always wanted to go to Shank Hall. I seriously might have to check this show out. Who the hell knows when Diamond Head will ever be around again.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head to tour the US   Diamond Head to tour the US Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Nice!!!!! I will probably go check out the Baltimore show..... Shaping up to be a good year for concerts!!!!! Iron Maiden (x 3), Stryper, Loudness so far this year..... Still to come more Iron Maiden (x 5), Def Leppard/Heart, Journey/Foreigner/Styx, Judas Priest, Blaze Bailey (for shits and giggles), Firewind, Sabaton

AND

SAXON!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head to tour the US   Diamond Head to tour the US Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 4:10 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Nice!!!!! I will probably go check out the Baltimore show..... Shaping up to be a good year for concerts!!!!! Iron Maiden (x 3), Stryper, Loudness so far this year..... Still to come more Iron Maiden (x 5), Def Leppard/Heart, Journey/Foreigner/Styx, Judas Priest, Blaze Bailey (for shits and giggles), Firewind, Sabaton

AND

SAXON!!!!

Excellent line up of shows and Blaze live may turn up to be pretty good and his solo material isn't bad.

Last edited by manny on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head to tour the US   Diamond Head to tour the US Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 4:52 pm

holy sh!t, they are playing back to back shows just about every day of that tour.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head to tour the US   Diamond Head to tour the US Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:20 am

Stender wrote:
holy sh!t, they are playing back to back shows just about every day of that tour.

By the looks of it, 8/22 is their only off day in that nearly 3 week trek. That's a pretty brutal undertaking when you add in travel time too. Hope the old geezers are up to the challenge.

Any original members in Diamond Head these days? I'm assuming Brian Tatler is the ringleader. Anyone else?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head to tour the US   Diamond Head to tour the US Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Stender wrote:

By the looks of it, 8/22 is their only off day in that nearly 3 week trek. That's a pretty brutal undertaking when you add in travel time too. Hope the old geezers are up to the challenge.

Any original members in Diamond Head these days? I'm assuming Brian Tatler is the ringleader. Anyone else?

I just looked to see who was in the band these days. For some reason, I figured that Sean Harris was in the band still. He's not, now my interest has dwindled in seeing them live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head to tour the US   Diamond Head to tour the US Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diamond Head to tour the US
Page 1 of 1