Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Art Of Rebellion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

art of rebellion - The Art Of Rebellion Empty
PostSubject: The Art Of Rebellion   art of rebellion - The Art Of Rebellion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 7:24 pm

I was at work last night and was mentally playing songs in my head (we're no allowed to listen to outside music) and I started thinking of I'll Hate You Better by Suicidal Tendencies and realized how much I LOVE that album. I had Art Of Rebellion back in the mid-late 90's and listened to it like clock work but then when I became a Christian in early 2000 I got rid of it along with many others (I regret that).

About over a year ago I was listening to metal radio on my Dish Network and they played Nobody Hears and I realized how much I used to like that album. I soon got it and ever since it has been a regular in my playlist. Every song on that album is killer and I believe that it was some of Rocky George's best guitar playing ever and some of my favorite guitar solos come from that album (Hate Your Better, Nobody Hears, Monopoly On Sorrow, and Captain Stupid). It sucks royally that after that album they kind of went downhill not to mention that when they got back together Rocky George was not included (I still wonder what ever happened to him).

Older Suicidal is awesome but this album I believe is their magnum opus. Am I the only one with such a high opinion of Art Of Rebellion or do some of you feel the same way as I do.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Art Of Rebellion   art of rebellion - The Art Of Rebellion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 7:33 pm

i don't think they went downhill, i just think they lost the thrash aspect in their sound. the last album with any overt thrash influence was Suicidal For Life. after that they went back to their hardcore roots & increased the funk sound they had been experimenting with since Lights, Camera, Revolution.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: The Art Of Rebellion   art of rebellion - The Art Of Rebellion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:08 pm

I think it's one of their better albums along with LCR and HWILWICEST.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Art Of Rebellion   art of rebellion - The Art Of Rebellion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:14 pm

troublezone wrote:
HWILWICEST
you forgot a T Razz

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: The Art Of Rebellion   art of rebellion - The Art Of Rebellion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:31 pm

Yeah i know that name is HUGE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Art Of Rebellion   art of rebellion - The Art Of Rebellion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Art Of Rebellion
Page 1 of 1