Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old School War Thrash

Go down 
+12
Hadley
nevermore
Troublezone
choosemetal
ohwellmonkey
Boris2008
DakotaRogers
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Old School War Thrash - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School War Thrash   Old School War Thrash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 4:35 pm

I don't even pay attention anymore. Not that I really have. I just want my thrash aggressive, angry, and violent like it should be!
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Old School War Thrash   Old School War Thrash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 8:38 am

How many BANDS, let alone genres actually carry topical lyrics well?

I mean, it seems like most of what you get is either Ted Nugent or Bono when people try to write politically or socially savvy lyrics. It's so ham-fisted it just makes you crave bacon.

I'm all about it when it's done well (i.e. I can listen to it when the "moment" has passed), but there aren't many who pull that off. Hell, even those who DO pull it off get it wrong from time to time. I love Bob Dylan, but if "Blowin' in the Wind" was stricken from western culture, I wouldn't weep any tears for its loss.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Old School War Thrash   Old School War Thrash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 9:05 am

Runicen wrote:
I love Bob Dylan, but if "Blowin' in the Wind" was stricken from western culture, I wouldn't weep any tears for its loss.

Personal preference, I know, but I love "Blowin' in the Wind" and never tire of hearing it or its lyrics.

Dylan is all around a perfect musician to me. Whether acoustic or electric, silly or serious, overt or subtle. His current voice now makes it hard for me to listen to his stuff starting somewhere around mid-90s...but the music and lyrics remain excellent in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Old School War Thrash   Old School War Thrash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 10:30 am

Totally off-topic for a thrash thread, but when it comes to later Dylan, I have to admit that I really dug both Love & Theft and Modern Times. Together Through Life only got one play on a library copy, but I remember liking that as well. What's nice is that he's playing up the low grit in his voice instead of trying to sound "up" when he sings. It's a really nice bluesy effect.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Old School War Thrash   Old School War Thrash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I don't even pay attention anymore. Not that I really have. I just want my thrash aggressive, angry, and violent like it should be!

Well said. This is what I want as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old School War Thrash   Old School War Thrash - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old School War Thrash
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2