Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Helloween album - My God-given Right

Go down 
+9
corplhicks
exact33
Gilbert
Thrasher73
the sentinel
Dark Horseman
Eyesore
Lari
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
The new album does get better with each listen. I listened to it for about a week or two straight when it first came out then I went on to other stuff. Once in a while I put it on and I like some songs even more than I did first time around. I joined a Helloween collection group on facebook around the time the album was getting released. We're all fanatics but a lot of them don't like the new album. I don't get it. There are things with new Helloween that annoy me a little but by no means is this new album bad.

Not sure how any fan could not like the album.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 9:07 pm

the sentinel wrote:
PRD, did any of those people in the club elaborate as to why they don't like it? Just curious.

This guy is a huge fan. He's got a massive collection of Helloween stuff, but he kind of started loosing interest after Better Than Raw. He wrote this "does anybody like the new album ? i mean, seriously, do you enjoy it ? i really hate to talk shit about my favorite band (at least is used to be) but i've been listening to the new album all afternoon and the only song i like is creatures in heaven... at least the previous album had a couple of great songs like straight out of hell, burning sun and no eternity that reminded me of 90s helloween.... the new one is by far the least "metal" and most "commercial" from the last albums, its like they thought about "how will we write hit-songs" but nothing that good turned out... and why no great b-side song by Markus this time??...."

Another person said "Listened to it again, I think the production just sucks and the same formula for every song. There's nothing that really works well although I think Battle's Won is a cool song, there's way too much filler. Seems like they tried to recapture the vibe of Better than Raw but didn't quite remember to write any great songs. Shame, cos I really thought I should like this album."

Some also mentioned that how didn't anyone notice the song "If God Loves Rock N Roll" same melody as "Final Fortune" from Gambling With The Devil.

The one thing that does put me off a little, when its over done, is how they use a lot of computerized sounds. Sometimes they go a little overboard with it and some things just sound real fake. They used to be able to make awesome albums without that extra stuff, not that they don't now but almost every song has a million things going on in the background.

New Helloween album - My God-given Right
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4