Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Helloween album - My God-given Right

Go down 
+9
corplhicks
exact33
Gilbert
Thrasher73
the sentinel
Dark Horseman
Eyesore
Lari
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 11:03 pm

Does the Japanese version have the most bonus tracks?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 4:18 am

I think the Earbook is the only one with all 17 tracks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:13 am

That's a lot of music.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 9:54 am

I'm missing "More Than A Lifetime" from the Earbook version, but the rest of this is release is high-quality power metal--a lot of nice hooks throughout. The opening track, "Heroes," is pretty weak compared to the rest of the album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 10:02 am

I am now three albums behind on Helloween, and at least two on Gamma Ray.... (sigh)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 10:08 am

Quote :
at least two on Gamma Ray

I think I'm in the double digits with GR, counting the EPs.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 11:53 am

Is the album out in europe? Anyone managed to get it?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Is the album out in europe? Anyone managed to get it?
Yes.

Also, read previous page.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:53 pm

Creatures in Heaven is a terrific song. An instant Helloween classic, in my opinion.

But a lot of these songs are just simply great. No-frills speed metal, early Helloween style. Sound is still modern, but it all kinds of works well when put together.

I love it. I also thought Straight Out of Hell was awesome, but this even beats that. In the running with Gambling with the Devil as my favourite Helloween album since Dark Ride.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 4:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Does the Japanese version have the most bonus tracks?

Nope! Japan only has 3 bonus tracks and 1 of those is exclusive "free world"

The Earbook has 4

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:37 pm

First three listens through and i'm really enjoying this. Don't see it passing Gambling which might be my favorite Helloween album but it's definitely above SOOH.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Picked this up the other day..the same day I bought the new Maiden. Very awesome album and my first helloween album to own..I think I like it better than the new maiden..
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 7:08 pm

How is that your first Helloween? \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 5:54 am

Yeah LOL

Lost in America is a great fun track.

"There's a cloud, there's a star,
we should plunder the skybar"
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 10:42 am

The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

typical helloween stuff.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 1:28 am

Quote :
How is that your first Helloween?

Just kinda overlooked them I guess...I heard of them because Headbangers Ball played I want out but that was really it...where I lived they didnt sell their records or play them on the radio and they never toured my area... I didnt really think much about them till I read about them here and happen to see their album at best buy...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 11:24 am

They're my favorite band. Great album to start with. Now I suggest you work your way backwards instead of scattering their discography because of some of the line up changes/style changes. When you get to Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon don't be afraid, it was a rough time for the band haha. I'd still suggest listening to them though. If just stay away from the best ofs since they aren't really needed. Also their album have been re-released with bonus CDs with all their b-sides so keep an eye out for those.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 2:34 pm

Listen to PRD, the man knows. This album (both discs) haven't left the changer in my car for a month.

Faves:
Swing of a Fallen World
Claws
Russian Roule
You Still of War
Free World
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:14 pm

Hahahaha! Awesome! If you do decide to listen to older albums you'll hear a lot of similarities with songs from the new album and some older songs. A lot of people aren't really liking the new album because of that but at least they are borrowing from themselves. I can't nit pick too much cause they could put out an album full of fart noises and id probably still buy it lol

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Hahahaha! Awesome! If you do decide to listen to older albums you'll hear a lot of similarities with songs from the new album and some older songs. A lot of people aren't really liking the new album because of that but at least they are borrowing from themselves. I can't nit pick too much cause they could put out an album full of fart noises and id probably still buy it lol

Oh sure, I definitely hear some similarities to earlier Deris era stuff; but, like you, I am not bothered because they are borrowing from themselves and not ripping off anyone else. Listened to this on the way to and from work today. Still lovin' it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 10:10 am

Until yesterday, I hadn't given this one a real good listen. I listened to some tracks here and there, and it seemed like the same old Helloween. But in the past two days I've given it about a dozen spins, and it's pretty damn kick-ass. Yes, it sounds like Helloween, but it seems a bit more creative or diverse than recent albums.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 10:12 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Picked this up the other day..the same day I bought the new Maiden. Very awesome album and my first helloween album to own..I think I like it better than the new maiden..

Helloween is better than Maiden, so that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 2:36 pm

The new album does get better with each listen. I listened to it for about a week or two straight when it first came out then I went on to other stuff. Once in a while I put it on and I like some songs even more than I did first time around. I joined a Helloween collection group on facebook around the time the album was getting released. We're all fanatics but a lot of them don't like the new album. I don't get it. There are things with new Helloween that annoy me a little but by no means is this new album bad.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 6:12 pm

PRD, did any of those people in the club elaborate as to why they don't like it? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 6:26 pm

It sounds exactly like what you'd expect from Helloween, therefore it is a great listen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween album - My God-given Right   New Helloween album - My God-given Right - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Helloween album - My God-given Right
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next