Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
exact33
Olafsto
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Metallic Blaze
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm

MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho B000EU1PKK

It seems that many will always bring up the "Keepers" albums when talking about classic Helloween albums, but IMO "Walls of Jericho" is often overlooked. This is a good album, especially for it's time.

I love Kai's vocals on here and have often wondered what "Keepers" would have been like if he had stuck with vocals. I bet they'd be great!

Any other fans of this one?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:22 pm

MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho 11840

trueness abounds in this thread
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:58 pm

The best speed metal album ever, IMO, and the only essential Helloween LP. Everything is perfect about this release, and its as strong today as it was when I first heard it in the late 80's.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 1:13 am

great speed album. one of my faves for sure.

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:08 am

One of my all time favorite albums MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho 11840
It blows the Keepers albums away, too bad Kai gave up singing for them....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:00 am

like the rest - great cd!

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:27 am

Olafsto wrote:
One of my all time favorite albums MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho 11840
It blows the Keepers albums away, too bad Kai gave up singing for them....

We have Gamma Ray. MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho 11840 Well, we had. I haven't cared since 'Majestic', so..

And I really like 'Keeper 1' but can't figure out the worship of the second one, beyond 3-4 songs..
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:30 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

And I really like 'Keeper 1' but can't figure out the worship of the second one, beyond 3-4 songs..

I have always felt that "Keeper II" is vastly inferior to Part I as well... so you're not alone.

As for WALLS OF JERICHO, it's one of the albums that I want buried with me when I die...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:13 am

Another all time fave here, although I have to admit I think the selftitled EP is even better. Walls of Jericho still has a few iffy songs if you ask me, but the Helloween EP is just pure speed metal perfection.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 am

This is a great album.Its usually the only Helloween disc I spin anymore.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:26 am

The remaster comes with the self-titled EP and the 'Judas' one like an older issue did, but before I had that I decided I needed the EP on a separate CD, and I actually found a version of it released by Victor Japan...so now I have the awesome EP with the cool art by itself because I'm finicky..they made a 'Judas' issue too....but the problem with the remaster is that the *remixes* on 'Treasure Chest' sounded better..Wish they tweaked it some like Megadeth did..oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:18 am

Excellent album that was truly groundbreaking. Every euro/speed metal band should thank Helloween.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Every euro/speed metal band should thank Helloween.

More like "every euro/speed metal band should PAY Helloween," cuz many of them have been simply ripping this album off wholesale for 20+ years now. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I have always felt that "Keeper II" is vastly inferior to Part I as well... so you're not alone.

As for WALLS OF JERICHO, it's one of the albums that I want buried with me when I die...

MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Lol That's funny dude!

I also agree that "Walls of Jericho" is better than "Keeper II". Not sure what all the fuss is over that album.

I'll even go a step further and say that I like "Pink Bubbles Go Ape" better than "Keeper II". I know - it sounds like metal blasphemy. But I mean it. PBGA is an awesome album!!!

But I'm very glad to see some love for "Walls of Jericho" here. I honestly thought I might be in the minority on loving this album.

Thanks guys. You rock!

MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho 11840
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26439

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:55 pm

What an awesome album this is!!! MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho 11840
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:06 am

I really like Keeper II, but it's not as good as the first two albums and the EP. Rise and Fall is probably one of the funniest metal songs ever. I love that Kiske's heavy Zjerman akkzzent is much more hearable on Keeper II than on part I. Laughing
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:21 pm

A true metal classic! I can dig it! 9/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho   MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 12/16. Helloween ~ Walls of Jericho
Page 1 of 1