Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Autograph is back.

Go down 
+15
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
Red Kitty
Glower
tohostudios
brokentulsa
Witchfinder
Thelemech
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
mikeinfla
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Autograph is back. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:40 am

Quote :
He also liked Keel and I never cared for them either, although now that is is 25+ years later I may need to give Keel a listen.

Keel's major label debut (The Right To Rock) is their only "keeper" in my book. They were a pretty decent L.A. hard rock/metal band at that time but each album after that got progressively cheesier. By the time they released their fourth album (self-titled) in 1987 they may as well have been Bon Jovi.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 10:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
He also liked Keel and I never cared for them either, although now that is is 25+ years later I may need to give Keel a listen.

Keel's major label debut (The Right To Rock) is their only "keeper" in my book. They were a pretty decent L.A. hard rock/metal band at that time but each album after that got progressively cheesier. By the time they released their fourth album (self-titled) in 1987 they may as well have been Bon Jovi.

I couldn't agree more. The Right to Rock is the only keeper for me too. The rest is pretty generic, slick, uninspired hard rock IMHO.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 10:23 am

I always thought Autograph was fun.

I haven't listened to this new clip yet, but with a different vocalist, I'm not sure. Plus, wasn't Plunkett like the key songwriter? I know he wrote songs for every other band in this style at the time, on of my favorites being Bangalore Choir's "Angel in Black". Autograph's version of the same tune is cool.

Now I'm itching to listen to some Autograph.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 12:20 pm

Quote :
Keel

Another band I love and have every album they ever put out both on CD and Vinyl and MP3 download...

Quote :
By the time they released their fourth album (self-titled) in 1987 they may as well have been Bon Jovi.

This reminds you of Bon Jovi? (another band I like)

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 12:22 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
Keel

Another band I love and have every album they ever put out both on CD and Vinyl and MP3 download...

Quote :
By the time they released their fourth album (self-titled) in 1987 they may as well have been Bon Jovi.

I like Keel too. My favorites would be Right to Rock and Streets of Rock N' Roll. But I dig 'em all.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 12:30 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
Keel

Quote :

^^ That's about the only song on that album that's worth a spit. Haha.

I liked Keel too, The Right To Rock is an early 80s fave, but they descended into formula so damn quick after that. I mean, I was only 17 when that self titled album came out and yet stuff like "Cherry Lane" ("I went down, down, down on Cherry Lane, and I've never been the same!" Ugh...) and "Calm Before The Storm" (Most Obvious Rhyme Award: "I'll be there to keep you waaaaa-aarm, in the calm before the stooo-ooorm!") already was so cheesy to me that you could practically spread it on a Ritz cracker. Laughing very hard

Also, let us not forget that Keel attempted to bring the dreaded KEYTAR (!!) into metal with the abominable power ballad "Tears of Fire" off the Final Frontier album.... for which they can never can be forgiven.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:12 pm

Red Kitty wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I couldn't agree more.  The Right to Rock is the only keeper for me too.  The rest is pretty generic, slick, uninspired hard rock IMHO.

Lay Down the Law is worth checking out as well IMO.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 12:43 am

I remember a long time ago when Autograph were releasing albums, I loved
"Sign in Please" and got real stoked when they released "That's the Stuff" and
I was crushed! I hated it. When they put out "Loud and Clear" it was much better
(IMO) with songs like Dance All Night, and Every Time I Dream. Yea I was a
".5" fan!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 6:08 am

Former Autograph drummer Keni Richards, who played with them during their 80s heyday, has passed away.
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/keni-richards-dead/

Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 10:08 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Former Autograph drummer Keni Richards, who played with them during their 80s heyday, has passed away.
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/keni-richards-dead/

I saw that last night. I also think the original keyboard player passed away a few years ago
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 1:54 am

Didn't they only have one hit?
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 10:12 am

Quote :

They had one huge hit (turn up the radio) and several minor hits like Blonds in Black Cars, Loud and Clear, Thats The Stuff and Dance All Night..  Personally I think they were one of the best bands to come out of the 80s...I have everything they have put out and they are just incredible...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Turn Up The Radio was their biggest hit. Blondes In Black Cars and Dance All Night were minor hits compared to Turn Up The Radio.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 2:57 pm

I only know Turn Up The Radio. I had Loud And Clear on cassette back in the day and although I don't recall too much about it now, I know I liked it back then.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 9:04 pm

I heard the drummer passed away this month on Facebook...
And I remember being in a packed arena...waiting forKISS.....
And over the speakers they play 'turn up the radio'.....
It was an instant anthem type of song....the song stopped half way through...
Lights went down - place went ape sheet -
I'll always remember how loud the reaction was when the song was cut short ,
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Former Autograph drummer Keni Richard's passing is now being investigated as a possible homicide...

http://sleazeroxx.com/ex-autograph-drummer-keni-richards-murdered-homicide-investigation-pending/

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 10:35 am

Autograph bassist Randy Rand, who was the only O.G. member still in the most recent Autograph lineup, passed away yesterday. R.I.P. sir.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/founding-autograph-bassist-randy-rand-dies

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 4:46 pm

Turn Up the Radio in his honor. What a great rock anthem!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 6:11 am

Sad to hear. RIP
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 1:31 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autograph is back.   Autograph is back. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Autograph is back.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2